Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dow Hits All Time High at 38,000

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,678 Standard Supporter
    HuskyBuck said:

thechatch said:

HuskyBuck said:

https://stocks.apple.com/A3A70srR_SNeZxuPZSVrhyQ

But, but, inflation!!! My groceries!!!!

It’s incredible to me that you think this applies to the majority of Americans.

In an economy where a record number of people are having to work multiple jobs, you’re focused on the fucking DJIa.

You just don’t get it, do you?
    Yeah because remote work hasn't influenced overemployment and people aren't doing this not out of necessity but because they can get away with it. Thats not whats happening is it?

Trust me...I already know idiot Duck fans dont get anything and I dont have time to get you up to speed, thanks.
    Walk the safety up. Running the same old play.

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,453 Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyBuck said:

thechatch said:

HuskyBuck said:

https://stocks.apple.com/A3A70srR_SNeZxuPZSVrhyQ

But, but, inflation!!! My groceries!!!!

It’s incredible to me that you think this applies to the majority of Americans.

In an economy where a record number of people are having to work multiple jobs, you’re focused on the fucking DJIa.

You just don’t get it, do you?
    Yeah because remote work hasn't influenced overemployment and people aren't doing this not out of necessity but because they can get away with it. Thats not whats happening is it?

Trust me...I already know idiot Duck fans dont get anything and I dont have time to get you up to speed, thanks.
    Walk the safety up. Running the same old play.

I'm already blitzing the A gap after the idiots audibled into a run.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,539 Founders Club
    HuskyBuck said:

HuskyBuck said:

What does your 401k and Stock Portfolios look like today fellas? Man is it awful out there!!

I can't touch that money for another 25 years. Housing is unaffordable everywhere (thankfully we bought in 2018) and my dollar doesn't go nearly as far as it did in 2020.
    You can't touch money in your stock portfolio for 25 years?? I bought a house in 2023. Im not Elon Musk with unlimited money, but I'm here to fuck. Its completely doable as long you are financially responsble.
  • HuskyBuckHuskyBuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,762 Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyBuck said:

HuskyBuck said:

What does your 401k and Stock Portfolios look like today fellas? Man is it awful out there!!

I can't touch that money for another 25 years. Housing is unaffordable everywhere (thankfully we bought in 2018) and my dollar doesn't go nearly as far as it did in 2020.
    You can't touch money in your stock portfolio for 25 years?? I bought a house in 2023. Im not Elon Musk with unlimited money, but I'm here to fuck. Its completely doable as long you are financially responsble.
    lol thanks for the plug Derek. You know damn right!!!!
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,079 Founders Club
    HuskyBuck said:

HuskyBuck said:

HuskyBuck said:

lol thanks for the plug Derek. You know damn right!!!!
    Maybe lurk a little long to get your reads dialed-in. The correct answer was: Free Pub!

Alternatively, send @IrishDawg22 a PM, he has this place dialed-in.

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:
    "Inflation may finally be easing"?

Are you trying to make a relevant point? Do you think that "inflation easing" from extreme highs means everything is good now?

Next time try linking relevant articles.
    “extreme highs”

You’re WAY too old to be pretending this short lived bump in CPI is even close to what we both saw as young adults.
    Short lived? We’re going on 39 months now Mildred.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    edited January 24
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

A shitty economy is so leftist

Maybe you're just shitty at economy.

Did you ever think of that?
    America hates Biden now because of the economy

could be

blaming Biden beats working
    Actually those that don’t work that have kids enjoy about 80K worth of free housing, food, utilities and healthcare now on average. Why would they blame Biden?

The 1% that are vested with real gains in the stock market and the 30% that enjoy the benefits described above are the @HuskyBuck American success stories.
    edited January 24
    I bring the Dow into this, because it DOES play a factor in your financial health. You don’t need to be part of the 1% or 10%, as long as youre fiscally disciplined, it was hard to fuck up the gains in the last 4, 8 years. If you’re a dipshit, which a couple of posts on this thread indicates a few people are, of course you’re gonna fail and blame someone else. (Aka the people pulling money out of their retirement fund to go to the Sugar Bowl story).

My advice: Go see a Fiduciary and get educated on your finances. That will be more effective than mouthing off on a message board and blaming someone else because youre a fuckup.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,413
    Kaepsknee said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Are you trying to make a relevant point? Do you think that "inflation easing" from extreme highs means everything is good now?

“extreme highs”

You’re WAY too old to be pretending this short lived bump in CPI is even close to what we both saw as young adults.
    Another TugCon labels 3% "hyperinflation".

I was talking about the very short-lived run-up in 2022. If you're 11 you might see 3% (and falling) as really shocking.
    HHusky said:

Kaepsknee said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

“extreme highs”

I was talking about the very short-lived run-up in 2022. If you're 11 you might see 3% (and falling) as really shocking.
    These guys were even talking about deflation in this thread at one point being a good thing, namely the 3 duck idiots unsurprisingly. That’s when you shake your head and realize what you’re dealing with.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,269 Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyBuck said:

HHusky said:

Kaepsknee said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

“extreme highs”

These guys were even talking about deflation in this thread at one point being a good thing, namely the 3 duck idiots unsurprisingly. That’s when you shake your head and realize what you’re dealing with.
    This is who you are agreeing with.

• HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,413
    HuskyBuck said:

HHusky said:

Kaepsknee said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

“extreme highs”

This gang wants rising wages for "real Americans" and deflation.

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,252 Standard Supporter
    edited January 24
    HHusky said:

Kaepsknee said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

“extreme highs”

Gee I wonder what changed...
    HuskyBuck said:

HHusky said:

Kaepsknee said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

“extreme highs”

Again, why did the fed raise interest rates?

We have deflation in sectors of the economy, that's what's keeping total inflation numbers low. The fed is attempting a "soft landing" where they nail the balance between deflation/inflation.

Jfc you don't even know your own talking points dumb dumb.

• Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,269 Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyBuck said:

HHusky said:

Kaepsknee said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

“extreme highs”

We have deflation in sectors of the economy, that's what's keeping total inflation numbers low. The fed is attempting a "soft landing" where they nail the balance between deflation/inflation.

There is deflation going on in the retail sector for sure. Big discounts are happening because the sector has far too much inventory on hand relative to consumer demand. It's hard to see clearly in the retail sales data that gets published, but that is what is happening. Companies have too much inventory on hand due to huge buys/commitments that were made in 2022 (at gunpoint) as many Chinese manufacturers tripled minimum order quantities while also raising prices significantly. Then throw in the cost of capital increasing and this stuff has to move at discount quickly in order to run a business.
    Bob_C said:

HuskyBuck said:

HHusky said:

Kaepsknee said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

“extreme highs”

There is deflation going on in the retail sector for sure. Big discounts are happening because the sector has far too much inventory on hand relative to consumer demand. It's hard to see clearly in the retail sales data that gets published, but that is what is happening. Companies have too much inventory on hand due to huge buys/commitments that were made in 2022 (at gunpoint) as many Chinese manufacturers tripled minimum order quantities while also raising prices significantly. Then throw in the cost of capital increasing and this stuff has to move at discount quickly in order to run a business.
    Housing sector is all over the place as well. You have tight inventory in places that were established(and have 2% rates locked in) where new builds aren't happening. Then you have builders losing their shirts in Texas, Nashville, Florida, Boise, and anywhere else that built out.

Then there's the slow rolling collapse of the commercial real estate behemoth. It will be interesting to see how the banks and fed scheme to shore that up. Hard to roll over debt at 7%.

Interesting interplay between foreign investment capital drying up and the milkshake effect of 5%+ US rates. China is fucked bigly with that capital flight and it will be interesting to see how much that matters to the rest of the world markets(and how soon).
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,678 Standard Supporter
    Has anyone ever seen @HuskyBuck and APAG/ @TheKobeStopper together at the same tim?
    Wow look at that, another big market day. Boy investors sure are optimistic for some weird reason.

Lol just think….if you guys were paying attention to the market for the past 6 months instead of using that time bitching on a message board, you too could have racked up some short term gains. But no, it’s more productive to complain about the incumbent and be angry lol.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,675 Founders Club
    HuskyBuck said:

Wow look at that, another big market day. Boy investors sure are optimistic for some weird reason.

Lol just think….if you guys were paying attention to the market for the past 6 months instead of using that time bitching on a message board, you too could have racked up some short term gains. But no, it’s more productive to complain about the incumbent and be angry lol.

This isn't about anyone here but you know that.

Tell the 70 percent of Americans who are worse off under Biden to buy stocks