Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Owen seriously in play

124»

Comments

• bigccbigcc Member Posts: 896

I don’t understand the portal well enough. Even if we all sacrifice our dickholes to Bill Gates and get blank checks for NIL, then what? Is there another opportunity to poach every player in the country or just those whose coaches bailed on them?

We’d poach the coach’s players, but only that team, at least until the spring portal opens. If they hire a coordinator there won’t be transfers in until spring. It could be literal 7 on 7 spring game in that case.
    Technically, any team replacing their HC 30 days after the fact, not just the team we poached,new coach could recruit from Alabama for example (lol...)

To the point of what he was getting at, yes if gates gave the program a billion dollars they could effectively buy whoever the fuck they wanted to from my limited understanding
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,374 Founders Club

DHD said:

8.5 didn't get it done. That's the institutional side. Low ball

It was obvious it would take 10 to 12. You don't get credit for making a shitty offer that wasn't accepted. 2nd place doesn't pay in this racket

The idea that this mythical 9 million is now in play for some fuckhead is something I need to see to believe

12 million to Lane and I'm back in again

Otherwise enjoy losing to Purdue

You haven’t seen 8.5 either. We have fuckheads saying 9.5 and fuckheads saying 8.5. All fuckheads.

It would be nice to have a person to blame but the reason he left is because he wants an easier road to the NC. Doesn’t want to build a program. He wasn’t who we thought he was.
    This ... SO MUCH THIS!

The state of college football ... with NIL and transfers ... has made DeBoer's plan workable. In the "old days", you'd say that sooner or later this dipshit would run out of luck because he can't recruit and the well will run dry.

Now? He doesn't have to recruit. Open up the 'Bama bag and buy the best portal guys each year and profit. I'm less pissed at DeBoer and more pissed that the state of college football has made his plan for success workable and realistic. He knew he didn't like the recruiting aspect, so he went to one of the few programs, under the new framework of college football, that won't require traditional recruiting. All he has to do is get the right NIL in place (which I'm sure was a stumbling block at UW) and reel in the best free agents every season.

I hate that bastard, but I hate him more because he's gonna exploit this system and we'll never get to laugh at him ... like we did with Sark.
    Not so fast my friend.

A timeline exists where DeBoer is at Minnesota in 5 years trying to piece together what went wrong, while a resurgent UW is rolling

Have faith
    PGOS?

Worried about u
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,470

It was obvious it would take 10 to 12. You don't get credit for making a shitty offer that wasn't accepted. 2nd place doesn't pay in this racket

The idea that this mythical 9 million is now in play for some fuckhead is something I need to see to believe

You haven’t seen 8.5 either. We have fuckheads saying 9.5 and fuckheads saying 8.5. All fuckheads.

It would be nice to have a person to blame but the reason he left is because he wants an easier road to the NC. Doesn’t want to build a program. He wasn’t who we thought he was.
    THIS!
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,482 Swaye's Wigwam

DHD said:

This ... SO MUCH THIS!

The state of college football ... with NIL and transfers ... has made DeBoer's plan workable. In the "old days", you'd say that sooner or later this dipshit would run out of luck because he can't recruit and the well will run dry.

Now? He doesn't have to recruit. Open up the 'Bama bag and buy the best portal guys each year and profit. I'm less pissed at DeBoer and more pissed that the state of college football has made his plan for success workable and realistic. He knew he didn't like the recruiting aspect, so he went to one of the few programs, under the new framework of college football, that won't require traditional recruiting. All he has to do is get the right NIL in place (which I'm sure was a stumbling block at UW) and reel in the best free agents every season.

I hate that bastard, but I hate him more because he's gonna exploit this system and we'll never get to laugh at him ... like we did with Sark.
    Not so fast my friend.

A timeline exists where DeBoer is at Minnesota in 5 years trying to piece together what went wrong, while a resurgent UW is rolling

Have faith
    PGOS?

Worried about u

Derek pal, either leave the poasting to the poasters, or provide an opinion rather than just following PGOS around critiquing his opinions

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,902 Founders Club

thechatch said:

jecornel said:

I’m certain Dannen is more concerned with DEI than hiring a coach.

If DeBoer was inevitable, Dannen should have announced the new coach 1hr later, that would be a salvage move.

Instead he spent the week writing PR about how hard he tried and is now starting the search. Meanwhile the roster is getting gutted.

These aren’t serious people, they are destroying the asset, same as they always have.

You’re not too far off on the DEI thing. It’s apparently a point of emphasis for this search, which may be why David Shane’s name was brought up…
    David Shane would be the most DEI hire, ever.

@CFetters_Nacho_Lover
    @GrundleStiltzkin
    Sounds like high level malarkey to me.

@pawz