Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Owen seriously in play

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Jedd isn’t leaving Arizona with the Florida job more than likely available next year. Back the brink truck up for Minter.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    AEB said:

I think the squad was in better shape heading into 2008 because they had Jack Lockner. Had he not got hurt that was a 1-11 ball club

I woke up to the realization that we are truly fucked

DeBoer probably is a great coach which makes it worse. The expectation was that Sark would crash at USC and he did. I'd love for DeBoer to go 5-7 and get caught with dead hookers in his trunk and Grubb finally is revealed as a family massacre serial killer but none of that helps UW now.

Kill it. Starve it. The management that allowed the program to be in this position is unacceptable.

On the bright side there is no bright side. Truly fucked

You are the ballast of this cesspool and have been the accurate voice of reason for centuries.

I respectively disagree. We offered 9.5 to a coach. We will get a guy and that guy will salvage next year. It won’t be what it could’ve been, but we will get a guy.

In 2008, the roster was ok, but everything else was gutted. The people who constructed that 9.5 offer are still there and can poach another coach.

The risk to my perspective: the people aren’t good. I don’t think losing DeBitch is the proper measurement however. We lost him to the super agent and Bama. We are not equivalent right now with Bama. We’re just not.

However, this job is very attractive. Two coaches took two teams to the CFP. There’s not many other programs that can say they’ve done that. It can be done again.

Finally, I fucking hate KFDB and will enjoy Georgia’s plunge ring of Bama next year. The South is going to hate KDB so fast. It’s in the clouds.
    The limp dick press release confirmed to me that Dannen ain't it. He's not a killer and we need a killer at the helm.

But as you said, the money is there. Money can rebuild anything.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I honest to God feel sorry for anyone that still cares. Ceiling next year is 5 wins, if a miracle happens. This roster is in shambles. Dannen fiddling while Rome burns.

Should we let Damone back in, so he can jizz in his pants making 23000 posts about 5-7?
    Yes
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,886
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

I honest to God feel sorry for anyone that still cares. Ceiling next year is 5 wins, if a miracle happens. This roster is in shambles. Dannen fiddling while Rome burns.

I'll wait and see what the new coach gets and loses in the evil portal.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

• Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,593
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    jecornel said:

I’m certain Dannen is more concerned with DEI than hiring a coach.

If DeBoer was inevitable, Dannen should have announced the new coach 1hr later, that would be a salvage move.

Instead he spent the week writing PR about how hard he tried and is now starting the search. Meanwhile the roster is getting gutted.

These aren’t serious people, they are destroying the asset, same as they always have.

You’re not too far off on the DEI thing. It’s apparently a point of emphasis for this search, which may be why David Shane’s name was brought up…
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    thechatch said:

jecornel said:

If DeBoer was inevitable, Dannen should have announced the new coach 1hr later, that would be a salvage move.

Instead he spent the week writing PR about how hard he tried and is now starting the search. Meanwhile the roster is getting gutted.

These aren’t serious people, they are destroying the asset, same as they always have.

You’re not too far off on the DEI thing. It’s apparently a point of emphasis for this search, which may be why David Shane’s name was brought up…
    David Shane would be the most DEI hire, ever.

@CFetters_Nacho_Lover
    @GrundleStiltzkin
  • Options
    DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,407
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club

8.5 didn't get it done. That's the institutional side. Low ball

It was obvious it would take 10 to 12. You don't get credit for making a shitty offer that wasn't accepted. 2nd place doesn't pay in this racket

The idea that this mythical 9 million is now in play for some fuckhead is something I need to see to believe

12 million to Lane and I'm back in again

Otherwise enjoy losing to Purdue

You haven’t seen 8.5 either. We have fuckheads saying 9.5 and fuckheads saying 8.5. All fuckheads.

It would be nice to have a person to blame but the reason he left is because he wants an easier road to the NC. Doesn’t want to build a program. He wasn’t who we thought he was.
    This ... SO MUCH THIS!

The state of college football ... with NIL and transfers ... has made DeBoer's plan workable. In the "old days", you'd say that sooner or later this dipshit would run out of luck because he can't recruit and the well will run dry.

Now? He doesn't have to recruit. Open up the 'Bama bag and buy the best portal guys each year and profit. I'm less pissed at DeBoer and more pissed that the state of college football has made his plan for success workable and realistic. He knew he didn't like the recruiting aspect, so he went to one of the few programs, under the new framework of college football, that won't require traditional recruiting. All he has to do is get the right NIL in place (which I'm sure was a stumbling block at UW) and reel in the best free agents every season.

I hate that bastard, but I hate him more because he's gonna exploit this system and we'll never get to laugh at him ... like we did with Sark.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    im banking on smart shutting his offense down and laying the blueprint for everyone else to run him out of town
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 13
    If DeBoer thinks it will be easier at Bama then he's stupid

And he's not

It's always about the money.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,554
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Will probably make a decent enough hire to get back to Alamo bowl eventually. NIL and portal should be enough that this program can maintain Wisconsin levels long term. Next year is almost certainly a disaster though, could honestly be 2-10 unless they manage to hire a coach that brings an entire roster with him.
    It’s gonna be fun for like 2 weeks when shit ass programs “stun the world” by beating a team that just went 14-1.

Damn - maybe we? be TCU north
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,217
    Founders Club

And he's not

In this case its about resources. Maybe that's what you meant

I don't think he went to Bama simply because they pay a higher salary.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,217
    Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:

Will probably make a decent enough hire to get back to Alamo bowl eventually. NIL and portal should be enough that this program can maintain Wisconsin levels long term. Next year is almost certainly a disaster though, could honestly be 2-10 unless they manage to hire a coach that brings an entire roster with him.
    It’s gonna be fun for like 2 weeks when shit ass programs “stun the world” by beating a team that just went 14-1.

winner winner salmon dinner
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    Swaye's Wigwam

And he's not

In this case its about resources. Maybe that's what you meant

I don't think he went to Bama simply because they pay a higher salary.
    I do
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 787
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

LebamDawg said:

winner winner salmon dinner
    Cedar plank? Copper River?
  • Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 761
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    jecornel said:

Hire the 50 year old white guy to make the DEI hire. Genius!