Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Owen seriously in play

Comments

• DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 798
    Will probably make a decent enough hire to get back to Alamo bowl eventually. NIL and portal should be enough that this program can maintain Wisconsin levels long term. Next year is almost certainly a disaster though, could honestly be 2-10 unless they manage to hire a coach that brings an entire roster with him.
    It’s gonna be fun for like 2 weeks when shit ass programs “stun the world” by beating a team that just went 14-1.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    I’m certain Dannen is more concerned with DEI than hiring a coach.

If DeBoer was inevitable, Dannen should have announced the new coach 1hr later, that would be a salvage move.

Instead he spent the week writing PR about how hard he tried and is now starting the search. Meanwhile the roster is getting gutted.

These aren’t serious people, they are destroying the asset, same as they always have.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,374 Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

As I said from the very start...

This is worse than 0-12, the program is actually more fucked now than it was even after Willingham. No coach in the fucking 100+ year history of UW has left UW in a worse position. Its an actual possibility that UW is fielding a team of FCS mercenaries and walk-ons next year.

If Debaor wanted to leave or not, I dont know if I care, he is gone. UW probably offered him a pretty fair deal, when they needed to offer him an extravagant one before the ball started rolling.

There are only two options on the table and both will cost more than if UW AD didn't just get anally raped by Deboar and Jimmy Sexton:

1. Mail it in with a coordinator or shitty MWC coach, accept the roster is fucked for 2-3 years, accept 3-5 years of
    2. Hire an experienced GM coach (Pete and/or Pete?) with an actual 5 year plan, accept you have to spend top money on a DC and OC, commit to spending a fuck ton of money to being Colorado in the portal but not retarded on the field, next year is a 3-5 win season probably, if you have competent management year 2 doesn't have to suck.
    Im not retarded, Ive been here long enough to know that UW is going to choose the easy option 1, hire some fuck that will struggle to cobble a roster together, but there is an actual reasonable way to salvage some of this shit so UW isn't actually joining the MWC pea patch league in 2035. UW actually was willing to spend the type of money that can MAYBE fix this shit.
    1. Petersen (or Carrol IDK); Stop the bleeding... guilt him into, trick him into, wgaf, convince this quitter fuck to come back and be a GM, he doesn't need to do the rah rah recruiting shit he hated, or the booster stuff, or the play calling, he needs to be the NFL GM coach. Let him cut way back on the stuff he hated. Ask him for 5 years and then he can have whatever job and salary in the UW academis office he wants, he can have a kinesiology lab named after him or something. Can probably get him for 4-5 mil.
    2. Kliffkingsbery; He has been a big time head coach, likes all the rah rah energy shit Petersen hates, can play call and run a modern offense, he can run everything himself if needed. Make him the highest paid OC in the country (Grubb was the 2nd highest paid ass coach at only 2 million), fuck it pay Kliff 3 if you need to. Give him a coaching option contract that at the end of 5 years, hes gets the HC job if Pete is not released before that.
    3. DC; There are a ton of options out there, just higher the best possible older fuck that has his shit together to run the defense so Petersen doesn't have to worry about shit. A top DC isn't really that expensive. Utahs DC or Iowas DCs are only getting 1.5 mil for example.
    4. All of that, making the OC and the DC the highest paid coordinators in the country, is still significantly cheaper than the ~17 million UW was ready to spend to keep Debore and his staff, take the extra 7 million, spend half of it to fill out the rest of the staff take the other half and spend it on the portal.
    fuck I hate myself
    Chinned for using the word "cobble"
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,786 Swaye's Wigwam

8.5 didn't get it done. That's the institutional side. Low ball

It was obvious it would take 10 to 12. You don't get credit for making a shitty offer that wasn't accepted. 2nd place doesn't pay in this racket

The idea that this mythical 9 million is now in play for some fuckhead is something I need to see to believe

12 million to Lane and I'm back in again

Otherwise enjoy losing to Purdue

Lane would not only be a home run, it would be a grand slam.

And I would be all-in immediately.
  • DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 798
    I don’t understand the portal well enough. Even if we all sacrifice our dickholes to Bill Gates and get blank checks for NIL, then what? Is there another opportunity to poach every player in the country or just those whose coaches bailed on them?
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110

I don’t understand the portal well enough. Even if we all sacrifice our dickholes to Bill Gates and get blank checks for NIL, then what? Is there another opportunity to poach every player in the country or just those whose coaches bailed on them?

We’d poach the coach’s players, but only that team, at least until the spring portal opens. If they hire a coordinator there won’t be transfers in until spring. It could be literal 7 on 7 spring game in that case.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    AEB said:

I think the squad was in better shape heading into 2008 because they had Jack Lockner. Had he not got hurt that was a 1-11 ball club

I woke up to the realization that we are truly fucked

DeBoer probably is a great coach which makes it worse. The expectation was that Sark would crash at USC and he did. I'd love for DeBoer to go 5-7 and get caught with dead hookers in his trunk and Grubb finally is revealed as a family massacre serial killer but none of that helps UW now.

Kill it. Starve it. The management that allowed the program to be in this position is unacceptable.

On the bright side there is no bright side. Truly fucked

You are the ballast of this cesspool and have been the accurate voice of reason for centuries.

I respectively disagree. We offered 9.5 to a coach. We will get a guy and that guy will salvage next year. It won’t be what it could’ve been, but we will get a guy.

In 2008, the roster was ok, but everything else was gutted. The people who constructed that 9.5 offer are still there and can poach another coach.

The risk to my perspective: the people aren’t good. I don’t think losing DeBitch is the proper measurement however. We lost him to the super agent and Bama. We are not equivalent right now with Bama. We’re just not.

However, this job is very attractive. Two coaches took two teams to the CFP. There’s not many other programs that can say they’ve done that. It can be done again.

Finally, I fucking hate KFDB and will enjoy Georgia’s plunge ring of Bama next year. The South is going to hate KDB so fast. It’s in the clouds.
    Chinned for "plunge ring." Makes it so much better.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,944 Founders Club

I should have known the sabotage was the script when the school hired a white male to take over the AD

The woke army always gives white men their most downtrodden scripts

Christ.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,299

I should have known the sabotage was the script when the school hired a white male to take over the AD

The woke army always gives white men their most downtrodden scripts

Christ.

• phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    Coach TBD - get on the phone with milroes agent asap!!!!!!!!
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,944 Founders Club
    So on the bright side, each time we’ve gotten Blue Blood cucked, the replacement was a program builder who liked living in Seattle.
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    did they photoshop rogers into a washington jersey as well as the football laces out in his hand? surely thats not a real picture
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,700 Founders Club

Anything else you'd like, DeBoer?

Care to steal the gold fillings out of Bill Gates Sr.'s teeth while you're at it?
    That's some dark shit, dude.