Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Inflation down again

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,337
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    thechatch said:

It’s amazing to me how some people can fill their car with gas, go to a grocery store or a hardware store and believe that inflation is really down.

My suspicion is that E-commerce has softened the average consumer’s awareness of price increases. You know you’re paying more but you justify it in your head because of the convenience.

Driving to the grocery store and spending 300.00 for 5 bags of essentials is what really lays bare the cost of living, because that’s a weekly phenomenon for a normal family of 4.

Apparently, inflation is simply a matter of belief. Like Tinkerbell. This is the Tug after all.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,085
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Energy and inflation matter again as an issue

Trump got everyone fat and happy so they thought voting in a compromised dementia patient couldn't hurt because George Floyd or something

I learned in 1980 that it doesn't matter what the media is saying. People pay attention to a shrinking wallet

Carter was supposed to get re elected

Had Trump fucked up the economy and lost he wouldn't be the front runner today

Quite the opposite
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,212
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:

thechatch said:

It’s amazing to me how some people can fill their car with gas, go to a grocery store or a hardware store and believe that inflation is really down.

My suspicion is that E-commerce has softened the average consumer’s awareness of price increases. You know you’re paying more but you justify it in your head because of the convenience.

Driving to the grocery store and spending 300.00 for 5 bags of essentials is what really lays bare the cost of living, because that’s a weekly phenomenon for a normal family of 4.

Apparently, inflation is simply a matter of belief. Like Tinkerbell. This is the Tug after all.
    The entire economy is a matter of belief. Go ahead and argue it's not.
  • Options

Groceries are through the roof.

sure
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,645
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

thechatch said:

Depending on your news consumption, yes.

Btw everyone sees your snark as a white flag. Not sure if you’ve realized that yet.
  • Options
    thechatch said:

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

Btw everyone sees your snark as a white flag. Not sure if you’ve realized that yet.
    When have I ever accused you girls of seeing things correctly?
  • Options
    Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

The economy benefits from a type of faith. True.

We still take some measurements, though.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,645
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

thechatch said:

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

Keep trying

I’ll play with you for a little while but then it’s back to coloring books and some warm milk to get you settled down.
  • Options
    thechatch said:

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

Keep trying

I’ll play with you for a little while but then it’s back to coloring books and some warm milk to get you settled down.
    Pretending you have self-esteem is a bit of a tell.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,212
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

The economy benefits from a type of faith. True.

We still take some measurements, though.
    Why isn't Biden bragging about this one? Most interesting part of this chart is that Q4 2022 to Q1 2023, total debt didn't go down at all. The only Q4 to Q1 year shown here that it didn't. Any explanation for that?

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,632
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gee I wonder why more people are paying credit for their expenses 🤔🤔🤔
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

thechatch said:

Gaslight

Dude who pretends the economy is good and a slower rate of inflation isn't inflation thinks the people schooling him are wrong

Pathetic as always
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

I get cash back.

You don't pay your card off every month? Pour!
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

under 3%

thoughts and prayers

Your president sniffs and pets children. Fuck you.

LOFL at this fucking clown pinching its nipples at every communist news source spoon feeding.

• Options

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

Gaslight

Dude who pretends the economy is good and a slower rate of inflation isn't inflation thinks the people schooling him are wrong

Pathetic as always
    The desired rate of inflation is not zero.

You should have gone to college.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

Gaslight

Pathetic as always

Fuck off

It's not 20 either

Suck harder
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

Gaslight

Pathetic as always

Fuck off

It's not 20 either

Suck harder
    Poor old guy thinks it's 1981.

Is the nurse on her way?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

Gaslight

Pathetic as always

Fuck off

It's not 20 either

Suck harder
    Poor old guy thinks it's 1981.

Is the nurse on her way?
    What a useless piece of shit
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I'll take things dumb motherfuckers believe for 100, Alex.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,632
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

PurpleJ said:

I get cash back.

You don't pay your card off every month? Pour!
    You’re such a fuckin dweeb dude lol