Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Inflation down again

Comments

• Options
    HuskyBuckHuskyBuck Member Posts: 871
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I’m just curious. If people could take their 2020 net worth and 2020 cost of everything vs 2024 net worth and 2024 cost of everything…..what are you guys choosing?

If it’s not the latter, it tells me everything I need to know. So which is it?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,733
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyBuck said:

I’m just curious. If people could take their 2020 net worth and 2020 cost of everything vs 2024 net worth and 2024 cost of everything…..what are you guys choosing?

Sounds like you have everything you need to know

As do I
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

HuskyBuck said:

As do I
    So you’re not gonna answer my question? Which of those two options would you choose?
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,083
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HuskyBuck said:

For most on this board, yes 2024 is “better” because of asset price inflation. Anyone under 35 is royally fucked though. Congrats.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 11
    Bob_C said:

HuskyBuck said:

For most on this board, yes 2024 is “better” because of asset price inflation. Anyone under 35 is royally fucked though. Congrats.
    I’m under 35…..I’m not fucked, but I do respect that you answered my question Bob thanks.

And just FYI, even accounting for inflation, your net worth should have rose 37%….unless YOU suck, but you have no one to blame but yourself.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyBuck said:

HuskyBuck said:

As do I
    So you’re not gonna answer my question? Which of those two options would you choose?
    Why would I answer your question?

You think you're the first here with this bullshit?

You have everything you need to know.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yes buck got his

Who cares about energy and food costs killing families

Gotta defend Biden
    You suck if you don't love the inflation of the last three years is a great campaign pitch

Must be why Biden is doing so well
  • Options
    Founders Club
    HuskyBuck said:

Bob_C said:

HuskyBuck said:

I’m under 35…..I’m not fucked, but I do respect that you answered my question Bob thanks.

And just FYI, even accounting for inflation, your net worth should have rose 37%….unless YOU suck, but you have no one to blame but yourself.
    Weird how M2 increased by roughly that % too.

But it's not a bubble.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wages don't keep pace with inflation but you suck if you don't like it
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 11
    I asked you a simple question (weird you didn’t answer it, it must not fit your narrative) . no one is defending anything. As usual, you got challenged with something that required critical thought and went apeshit on me!

Inflation sucks no denying, but you have more wealth that outgrew inflation. Does that suck too?

If you’re gonna blame Biden for food prices, are you gonna blame him for being richer?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyBuck said:

I asked you a simple question, no one is defending anything. As usual, you got challenged with something that required critical thought and went apeshit on me!

Inflation sucks no denying, but you have more wealth that outgrew inflation. Does that suck too?

I've been on this board for years

I don't owe you anything

You're defending high inflation

Let's see how that works in November
  • Options
    Founders Club

Wages don't keep pace with inflation but you suck if you don't like it

The monthly cost of buying the median priced house has more than doubled also during that time. But CPI only has a plus ~22% cumulative effect.

Things are great out there.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    So you’re taking your 2020 net wealth and 2020 prices is what you’re telling me Bob? I’m unclear with your answer
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

HuskyBuck said:

I asked you a simple question, no one is defending anything. As usual, you got challenged with something that required critical thought and went apeshit on me!

I've been on this board for years

I don't owe you anything

You're defending high inflation

Let's see how that works in November
    Soooooo you’re taking 2020 net worth and 2020 prices?

Man you guys dance around more than Shakira.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 11
    HuskyBuck said:

So you’re taking your 2020 net wealth and 2020 prices is what you’re telling me Bob? I’m unclear with your answer

Meant I'd take 2024, but I own plenty of assets, thus inflation is a rounding error to me. It's not to an overwhelming % of the population.

I'd like to give the serfs a chance to own the land and not ring up crazy credit card debt, mainly so they don't violently take my land.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Bob_C said:

HuskyBuck said:

Meant I'd take 2024, but I own plenty of assets, thus inflation is a rounding error to me. It's not to an overwhelming % of the population.

I'd like to give the serfs a chance to own the land and not ring up crazy credit card debt, mainly so they don't violently take my land.
    Once again thanks Bob I appreciate the honest answer. I apologize for the namecalling on the other thread, probably let the husky defeat get to me.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,047
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I'm glad BidenBros inflation doesn't devalue our currency! The comrades have always been great economists!