Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Inflation down again

HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
under 3%

thoughts and prayers

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,047
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Gas too! Still $1.50 to $2 bucks more than when he took office. What a win!
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

So still up

Thanks for the update

Keep your Deutschmarks dry.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,083
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    How dare people be mad about over 20% permanent price increases in last 3 years.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Trillions lost. Trillions spent. Trillions printed. Biden fucked up this economy for 3 years and right on schedule, this year, an election year, miraculous things just happen!

HH comes on here bragging about inflation that is down to 3.14% after his sides bad fiscal policies decimated home savings and forced families into dept to pay bills. Increased food, fuel, clothing, anything imported, electricity, interest rates on a mortgage, rents are sky high, but hh's leaders told him to brag about inflation at 3.14% and to ignore the current misery caused by the biden team. Mission accomplished hh. Good job.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Groceries are through the roof.

I approve the media and Biden for continuing to belittle the poor and middle class on this issue.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,027
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    thechatch said:

It’s amazing to me how some people can fill their car with gas, go to a grocery store or a hardware store and believe that inflation is really down.

My suspicion is that E-commerce has softened the average consumer’s awareness of price increases. You know you’re paying more but you justify it in your head because of the convenience.

Driving to the grocery store and spending 300.00 for 5 bags of essentials is what really lays bare the cost of living, because that’s a weekly phenomenon for a normal family of 4.

Toss in monthly electric and natural gas bills, monthly gasoline bills with the huge increase in food costs and the average private sector American family knows all about Bidenomics.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,605
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

thechatch said:

It’s amazing to me how some people can fill their car with gas, go to a grocery store or a hardware store and believe that inflation is really down.

My suspicion is that E-commerce has softened the average consumer’s awareness of price increases. You know you’re paying more but you justify it in your head because of the convenience.

Driving to the grocery store and spending 300.00 for 5 bags of essentials is what really lays bare the cost of living, because that’s a weekly phenomenon for a normal family of 4.

Toss in monthly electric and natural gas bills, monthly gasoline bills with the huge increase in food costs and the average private sector American family knows all about Bidenomics.
    Many many Americans are on autopay.

I get an email from the utilities co letting me know my bill has been paid. Never look at it. I imagine many Americans don’t.

Same with cable, water, sewage etc etc. Many Americans are probably like me in that regard. Also many aren’t going to start looking at things until money gets tight.

I have a 200k foundation/remodel coming up. I’ll look closely at that.

The fucking electric bill? Who wants to inspect that and compare it to 2 years ago.

No one.

So it becomes the weekly receipts that drive our consciousness. Groceries. Gas. Diapers. Shit like that. Add in the fact that 80% of the country can’t balance a checkbook in 2023 and it’s really only the folks that are 40 and older with a mortgage and kids that care about inflation.

Everyone else is happy to click through Amazon in between TiKTok binges because saving for the future is pointless. Trying to buy a house is pointless. Solution is to not have kids and rent forever. If that doesn’t work demand that the government just take care of your expenses. An entire generation of state wards.

It’s unsustainable, but there just enough people like Mello and HH telling people in their 20s and 30s that this is ok.

Also, orange man bad so blindly support the absolute disaster on the other side of the ticket. John Oliver and a bunch of Hollywood actors told me to!👍
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,733
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm a man of the people

I track my natural gas bill. 300 this November compared to 220 last year. And we had a freeze last November

60 dollars of groceries is 100 now

I feel sorry for families

And it's true that I do a lot of Amazon and door dash and you just accept the higher cost
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,605
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I mean I should look at my bills but what’s the point?

It’s not like I’m gonna change my consumption habits.

At this point I’m not selling the house I have a 3% IR on a JL and moving to CDL, Scottsdale, Tucson or Ft. Worth.

It is what it is for another 10 years. But I’m certainly not going to spend a red cent of retirement supporting this lunacy.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,027
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

I'm a man of the people

I track my natural gas bill. 300 this November compared to 220 last year. And we had a freeze last November

And it's true that I do a lot of Amazon and door dash and you just accept the higher cost

In the real world where tens of millions of private sector Americans are living paycheck to paycheck they know what things are costing and when Team Dazzler is pissing on their leg and tells them its raining, they know the truth. More good news for Portland electric users who vote for the dems lie of cheap green renewable energy and that inflation is done.
    PS "Infrastructure spending" means solar and wind farms and the associated necessary transmission upgrades to get power from nowhere to somewhere. 18% > 3.1%

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,584
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    1. CPI underestimates inflation. Flawed statistic.
    2. It’s winter, dumbass.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited December 2023

I'm a man of the people

In the real world where tens of millions of private sector Americans are living paycheck to paycheck they know what things are costing and when Team Dazzler is pissing on their leg and tells them its raining, they know the truth. More good news for Portland electric users who vote for the dems lie of cheap green renewable energy and that inflation is done.
    PS "Infrastructure spending" means solar and wind farms and the associated necessary transmission upgrades to get power from nowhere to somewhere. 18% > 3.1%

Power companies are spending big on green capex that delivers less energy, and less reliable energy at a higher cost. That's the reason for the higher prices. So even if LNG prices come down, energy prices to consumers won't come down as the depreciation from the capex needs to be covered in the margins.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,733
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

I mean I should look at my bills but what’s the point?

It’s not like I’m gonna change my consumption habits.

At this point I’m not selling the house I have a 3% IR on a JL and moving to CDL, Scottsdale, Tucson or Ft. Worth.

It is what it is for another 10 years. But I’m certainly not going to spend a red cent of retirement supporting this lunacy.

I get that

I started when we moved back up here because I wanted to dig out from some covid debt

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,047
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Imagine increasing the price of oil by decreasing our production canceling leases, blocking leases and buying from our enemies then starting wars in the region that also increase prices so they can kill more American and others.

Couldn't have had anything to do with inflation.

Diesel was 2 bucks when Mumbles took office. look at the signs after the massive price reductions..... $3.85 here. Was almost $5.00. Last rip to Kali in october it was $6.75+ Good thing I have a slip tank to get me in and outta Kali while pulling my 5th wheel.

Everything moves on diesel!