Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Durfee is free!

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,913
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

Any one want to buy a $100 betting slip with UW to win the NC? It's gonna pay out $2200.

Yes. How?
    Venmo me $700.

(I did not realize it is only worth about $300 until I broke down and did the math)

Just because the odds dropped significantly doesn't mean the ticket is worth a shitton.

The more I know.
    How’d $100 go to $700? I’m too pour for that one.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

As I understand it, he no longer has a redshirt. This was a wasted year of eligibility for him

This is something that should be able to be appealed.

The NCAA changed the protocols. He didn't play in any 2023 game, and still won't as the gayme is in 2024.

Give this guy 3 years.

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I’m not ready to crown his ass but it would be nice if he’s good

I'm not expecting him to immediately be the 2nd coming of Trice, but another solid rotation player would be really nice to have.
    Can he be Martin? That would be great in these next two games.
    Martin was a run blocker too. I’d be surprised if they use a 255 guy the same way
    Yeah, he's 6'5" 255. Martin was like 6'4" 270 or something. I think Durfee is going to be a situational pass rusher, but maybe he's good enough to play every down. We'll see.
    He has 41 inch vertical leap and squats 850 according to locked on husky. He sounds like a super freak.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

As I understand it, he no longer has a redshirt. This was a wasted year of eligibility for him

Yes, Durfee does not have a redshirt since he used it at Sioux Falls in 2021. He only played one season there (2022), so this is his RS-Soph year

We'll have 2 seasons of Durfee after this
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,252
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm not expecting him to immediately be the 2nd coming of Trice, but another solid rotation player would be really nice to have.
    Martin was a run blocker too. I’d be surprised if they use a 255 guy the same way
    Yeah, he's 6'5" 255. Martin was like 6'4" 270 or something. I think Durfee is going to be a situational pass rusher, but maybe he's good enough to play every down. We'll see.
    I would 100% take a solid rusher opposite Trice on passing downs.

Trice would have 10 sacks this season with that.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,281
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I finally remembered the comp player I keep thinking of hearing about Durfee:

Mike Mamula

Mamula was more than a workout warrior (just got hurt in the pros), so hopefully Durfee pans out to the same degree.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    Swaye's Wigwam

What a stupid fucking rule. You're not eligible for the regular season, but you're eligible for the postseason, which matters even more. Makes sense! NCAA SENSE!!!1!!!!!

What was the reason for the ineligibility? With all the transfer portal shit and how you seemingly could change teams mid-season getting hit with ineligibility seems really far-fetched these days.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Zach Durfee with the strip sack and Trice scoop and score to beat Bama 31 to 28

I’ll take Durfee coming off the edge and hitting the springs to intercept a bubble screen for a pick 6. Payback to Bama.

PS: Clap like little monkeys to get their center to snap the ball early.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Postal91 said:

I’ll take Durfee coming off the edge and hitting the springs to intercept a bubble screen for a pick 6. Payback to Bama.

Fuck that was a kick in the nuts
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,335
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Has he led Husky Jacks?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    animate said:

He has 41 inch vertical leap and squats 850 according to locked on husky. He sounds like a super freak.
    41 inch vertical and 850lb squat? I can doog like the rest of them ... but this is a little excessive lol.

Maybe Durfee can get close to the vert ... but a legit 850lb squat is no laughing matter. Not at 6'5" anyways. Maybe 650 ...

animate said:

41 inch vertical and 850lb squat? I can doog like the rest of them ... but this is a little excessive lol.

Maybe Durfee can get close to the vert ... but a legit 850lb squat is no laughing matter. Not at 6'5" anyways. Maybe 650 ...

Fat finger, meant to type 650.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

Postal91 said:

Fuck that was a kick in the nuts
    Yup, to this day I want to throw a fucking chair through the TV when they talk about Bama handling us in 2016. Like it was a blowout or something. I cannot wait to see what Durfee does on the field and hope that with him in the mix, our safeties back, and everyone greased up and pissed off… true domination is in store.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

Maxx Crosby is 6'5" 255
    David Crosby is 5’9” 265

*was
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,362
    Swaye's Wigwam

RoadTrip said:

Maxx Crosby is 6'5" 255
    David Crosby is 5’9” 265

Looks like he almost cut his hair