Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Duck Fans Feeling Confident

Comments

• Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2023
    TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

FireCohen said:

So Oregon did not lose they just ran out of time both times

I am not sure why people cannot tip the cap to Penix in that game and UW's defense for coming up strong in that game.

I also cannot understand why UW fans have this persecution complex about Oregon fans and nation media confidence in a rematch. It's clear that UW has regressed and Oregon progressed. That's not to say that UW is going to get punked but the spread looks like it would be -7.5 in a rematch in Vegas. It might even be more after the Oregon State game.

These ideas are not mutually exclusive.
    Disagree that it's clear UW has regressed. UW has played a difficult schedule, and I would say its defense is better prepared today than it was when it played Oregon. The offense is fine. Running game is better today than it was when UW played Oregon. Passing game is still strong, as well.

The "persecution" you speak of is all about the fact that Oregon fans and national media are so certain about this regression. I really hope the duck team thinks UW has regressed. In reality, the team is much tougher and battle-tested than it was the first time the teams played.

It's one thing to win a bunch of games 50-14, which is nice. But the first time you find yourself down a few points, that's when the strong find out what they're all about. Ducks didn't handle it well the last time. UW has.

If the spread is -7.5 in favor of Oregon, that's easy money for UW.
    Our league isn't good outside of UW and Oregon. How is your schedule any harder? Sure, you got Arizona vs Colorado before our first game.

You are not more battle tested. You just have played close games that shouldn't have been close.
    When you say stuff like that, you sound dumb.
    Tell yourself what you need to hear. I know that it would catastrophic to go 12-0 and then lose to Oregon. It cannot happen for UW.
    Exaggerate much?
    Battle tested much???

LMFAO. We played the same damn schedule save one team.
    You don't understand the concept. Take it to the Refuge or stick to injuries. You're out of your element, Mike.
    Battle tested, LMFAO.

How did Ducks fare in their only close game?

Wow...way to dunk on me. You battled tested on these boards, bro?

That's the point...UW shouldn't be battle tested. The only game that was a pick'em on your schedule was Oregon. The play over the 2nd half turned the Beavlet game into a pick'em.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

FireCohen said:

I am not sure why people cannot tip the cap to Penix in that game and UW's defense for coming up strong in that game.

I also cannot understand why UW fans have this persecution complex about Oregon fans and nation media confidence in a rematch. It's clear that UW has regressed and Oregon progressed. That's not to say that UW is going to get punked but the spread looks like it would be -7.5 in a rematch in Vegas. It might even be more after the Oregon State game.

Disagree that it's clear UW has regressed. UW has played a difficult schedule, and I would say its defense is better prepared today than it was when it played Oregon. The offense is fine. Running game is better today than it was when UW played Oregon. Passing game is still strong, as well.

The "persecution" you speak of is all about the fact that Oregon fans and national media are so certain about this regression. I really hope the duck team thinks UW has regressed. In reality, the team is much tougher and battle-tested than it was the first time the teams played.

It's one thing to win a bunch of games 50-14, which is nice. But the first time you find yourself down a few points, that's when the strong find out what they're all about. Ducks didn't handle it well the last time. UW has.

Our league isn't good outside of UW and Oregon. How is your schedule any harder? Sure, you got Arizona vs Colorado before our first game.

You are not more battle tested. You just have played close games that shouldn't have been close.
    Tell yourself what you need to hear. I know that it would catastrophic to go 12-0 and then lose to Oregon. It cannot happen for UW.
    Exaggerate much?
    Battle tested much???

You don't understand the concept. Take it to the Refuge or stick to injuries. You're out of your element, Mike.
    Battle tested, LMFAO.

That's the point...UW shouldn't be battle tested. The only game that was a pick'em on your schedule was Oregon. The play over the 2nd half turned the Beavlet game into a pick'em.
    You should understand #rootedinsubstance better than anyone.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Canadawg said:

bisonduck said:

Sources said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

FireCohen said:

Beav and Arizona (both on the road) vs Colorado and WSU (both at home for duckies)

So, this battle tested theory is based on a playing OSU at home vs away since our last game. You got Arizona before our last game and when they didn't look as strong.
    UW is literally #1 in SOR. Possibly the most retarded take I've ever heard
    Yep. Even for BisonDuck that was fucking stupid.
  • Options
    TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

FireCohen said:

Exaggerate much?
    Battle tested much???

Battle tested, LMFAO.

You should understand #rootedinsubstance better than anyone.
    Hopefully the Ducks can win by a safety against Beavlet.

#battletested #academicprowess
  • Options
    EwaDawg said:

Canadawg said:

bisonduck said:

Sources said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

FireCohen said:

Beav and Arizona (both on the road) vs Colorado and WSU (both at home for duckies)

So, this battle tested theory is based on a playing OSU at home vs away since our last game. You got Arizona before our last game and when they didn't look as strong.
    Oregon is nine and your SOR will look worse after Oregon smashes some Beavlet.

#battletested
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    bisonduck said:

EwaDawg said:

Canadawg said:

bisonduck said:

Sources said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

FireCohen said:

Oregon is nine and your SOR will look worse after Oregon smashes some Beavlet.

#battletested
    Beat a rival, then pop off
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

FireCohen said:

Exaggerate much?
    Battle tested much???

Battle tested, LMFAO.

I don’t care if UW wins the rest of their games by one point. Just win baby.
  • Options

@bisonduck might be the shittiest poster of the year. It's one thing to have lukewarm takes that are indistinguishable from every other duck dipshit on the internet, but this flaccid cunt doesn't even bother to marry it with any remarkable level of humor or vitriol.

At least raging homos like @SFGbob and @46XiJCAB are unique in their obscene anger, tantrums, and general levels of astounding stupidity. Meanwhile @bisonduck just queefs out a few forgettable takes, feebly argues it, and the the rest of us just yawn and scroll past. He could die tomorrow and we'd forget he ever posted here by the afternoon.

Yeah, I missed the obvious battle testedness of UW. #battletested
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,310
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

FireCohen said:

I also believe the perceived "regression" can be explained by certain injuries, weather benefiting the opponent and the crud.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

@bisonduck might be the shittiest poster of the year. It's one thing to have lukewarm takes that are indistinguishable from every other duck dipshit on the internet, but this flaccid cunt doesn't even bother to marry it with any remarkable level of humor or vitriol.

At least raging homos like @SFGbob and @46XiJCAB are unique in their obscene anger, tantrums, and general levels of astounding stupidity. Meanwhile @bisonduck just queefs out a few forgettable takes, feebly argues it, and the the rest of us just yawn and scroll past. He could die tomorrow and we'd forget he ever posted here by the afternoon.

That’s what happens when you only read your own clippings. It’s understandable.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

The script says that Lanning goes conservative on a critical 4th down when he should go for it.

This

• Options

bisonduck said:

In a close game, I will take the coach and team who have actually won close games versus the coach and team who have not.
    Sure. Can you see why Oregon fans might be confident though? I just don't think it's unreasonable based on how the 2nd half of the season has unfolded.

Beavlet could win and all of this is moot. Sure we'd all have a good laugh.
  • Options
    TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

That’s what happens when you only read your own clippings. It’s understandable.
    I've watched a lot of UW. If Penix finds his accuracy he had in the the first half of the year, it will be a helluva game. Nix and the Oregon passing game has evolved, which I think will reduce need to chase points and convert 4th downs.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited November 2023
    Take it to the refuge, guysm