Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Duck Fans Feeling Confident

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    The SOR should be explained at least 3 more times to the duck fans. They might figure it out soon.
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2023
    dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

Update: With Arizona winning and Colorado losing, the gap between UW's SOR and Oregon's just continues to get wider this week.

UW dropped to #2 and Oregon held.
    Our SOR itself isn't worse than before it's just Michigan's took a big jump because they beat OSU. And Oregon was already behind Michigan so that didn't affect you.
    It was mostly Michigan, of course. It might be one of the most worthless metics I’ve seen. Sure, your strength of record is better because you have zero losses. I don’t need ESPN to tell me that.

That said, the metric is also supposed to account for how well you played against that schedule using in game win probability. So, in-game performance can’t be helping.

You also said tbe gap widened. Last I checked 1 v 9 is wider the 2 v 9.

What will really change things is when Oregon beats Washington.

#BattleTested
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,447
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    bisonduck said:

dnc said:

bisonduck said:

dnc said:

Update: With Arizona winning and Colorado losing, the gap between UW's SOR and Oregon's just continues to get wider this week.

UW dropped to #2 and Oregon held.
    Our SOR itself isn't worse than before it's just Michigan's took a big jump because they beat OSU. And Oregon was already behind Michigan so that didn't affect you.
    It was mostly Michigan, of course. It might be one of the most worthless metics I’ve seen. Sure, your strength of record is better because you have zero losses. I don’t need ESPN to tell me that.

That said, the metric is also supposed to account for how well you played against that schedule using in game win probability. So, in-game performance can’t be helping.

You also said tbe gap widened. Last I checked 1 v 9 is wider the 2 v 9.

What will really change things is when Oregon beats Washington.

#BattleTested
    SOR is a measure of SOS multiplied by record

The rankings did not get wider but the actual metric of SOR widened with Arizona improving and CU being CU
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,012
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Washington's resume includes 3 top 25 wins, two on the road.

Oregon's resume includes 1 top 25 win, at home, against a team whose coach spent game week interviewing at MSU.

Oregon has looked good against all of the non-top 25 teams they've beaten. But Oregon lost to the only top-20 team they've faced.

I like our chances.
  • Options
    edited November 2023

Oregon's resume includes 1 top 25 win, at home, against a team whose coach spent game week interviewing at MSU.

Oregon has looked good against all of the non-top 25 teams they've beaten. But Oregon lost to the only top-20 team they've faced.

I like our chances.

You don’t think Jonathan Smith was interviewing a week ago? He gave an exit interview after game during the presser.

Nix made more plays than Penix. That was the difference in the two Oregon State games.

You have one win against a top 25 team since we’ve played.

FFS Arizona was coming off a loss to Miss St and 21-20 game against Stanford. We can play this game all day long. Our Colorado game had 10+ million viewers.

Yes, UW had the better resume at this moment. They probably still do if we win in a tight one.

Then you can cry about how unfair it is.

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

I like our chances.

You don’t think Jonathan Smith was interviewing a week ago? He gave an exit interview after game during the presser.

Nix made more plays than Penix. That was the difference in the two Oregon State games.

FFS Arizona was coming off a loss to Miss St and 21-20 game against Stanford. We can play this game all day long. Our Colorado game had 10+ million clicks.

Yes, UW had the better resume at this moment. They probably still do if we win in a tight one.

• Options
    Canadawg said:

bisonduck said:

I like our chances.

FFS Arizona was coming off a loss to Miss St and 21-20 game against Stanford. We can play this game all day long. Our Colorado game had 10+ million clicks.

Good one
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,012
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    bisonduck said:
    Smith gets confused sometimes and mis speaks. We saw it often when he was our OC.

His players are pissed about that tweet and are now saying the week of prep for the Oregon game felt half assed.

None of them have said this about the week of prep for the Washington game.

But congrats about your sole top 25 win against an unprepared OSU. Big feather in your cap.
  • Options

bisonduck said:
    Smith gets confused sometimes and mis speaks. We saw it often when he was our OC.

His players are pissed about that tweet and are now saying the week of prep for the Oregon game felt half assed.

None of them have said this about the week of prep for the Washington game.

But congrats about your sole top 25 win against an unprepared OSU. Big feather in your cap.
    I am sure they were pissed and the good ones will be in East Lansing for ‘24.