Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Duck Fans Feeling Confident

Comments

• Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

FireCohen said:

So Oregon did not lose they just ran out of time both times

I am not sure why people cannot tip the cap to Penix in that game and UW's defense for coming up strong in that game.

I also cannot understand why UW fans have this persecution complex about Oregon fans and nation media confidence in a rematch. It's clear that UW has regressed and Oregon progressed. That's not to say that UW is going to get punked but the spread looks like it would be -7.5 in a rematch in Vegas. It might even be more after the Oregon State game.

These ideas are not mutually exclusive.
    Disagree that it's clear UW has regressed. UW has played a difficult schedule, and I would say its defense is better prepared today than it was when it played Oregon. The offense is fine. Running game is better today than it was when UW played Oregon. Passing game is still strong, as well.

The "persecution" you speak of is all about the fact that Oregon fans and national media are so certain about this regression. I really hope the duck team thinks UW has regressed. In reality, the team is much tougher and battle-tested than it was the first time the teams played.

It's one thing to win a bunch of games 50-14, which is nice. But the first time you find yourself down a few points, that's when the strong find out what they're all about. Ducks didn't handle it well the last time. UW has.

If the spread is -7.5 in favor of Oregon, that's easy money for UW.
    Our league isn't good outside of UW and Oregon. How is your schedule any harder? Sure, you got Arizona vs Colorado before our first game.

You are not more battle tested. You just have played close games that shouldn't have been close.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,808
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

FireCohen said:

I am not sure why people cannot tip the cap to Penix in that game and UW's defense for coming up strong in that game.

I also cannot understand why UW fans have this persecution complex about Oregon fans and nation media confidence in a rematch. It's clear that UW has regressed and Oregon progressed. That's not to say that UW is going to get punked but the spread looks like it would be -7.5 in a rematch in Vegas. It might even be more after the Oregon State game.

Disagree that it's clear UW has regressed. UW has played a difficult schedule, and I would say its defense is better prepared today than it was when it played Oregon. The offense is fine. Running game is better today than it was when UW played Oregon. Passing game is still strong, as well.

The "persecution" you speak of is all about the fact that Oregon fans and national media are so certain about this regression. I really hope the duck team thinks UW has regressed. In reality, the team is much tougher and battle-tested than it was the first time the teams played.

It's one thing to win a bunch of games 50-14, which is nice. But the first time you find yourself down a few points, that's when the strong find out what they're all about. Ducks didn't handle it well the last time. UW has.

Our league isn't good outside of UW and Oregon. How is your schedule any harder? Sure, you got Arizona vs Colorado before our first game.

You are not more battle tested. You just have played close games that shouldn't have been close.
    Beav and Arizona (both on the road) vs Colorado and WSU (both at home for duckies)

• Options
    Sources said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

FireCohen said:

Beav and Arizona (both on the road) vs Colorado and WSU (both at home for duckies)

So, this battle tested theory is based on a playing OSU at home vs away since our last game. You got Arizona before our last game and when they didn't look as strong.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

FireCohen said:

It's not clear at all

Oregon is getting their ass kicked

Thats clear
    Lol. We are all entitled to our opinions.
    Yes, we are. You (Bison DUck) not so much.

• Options
    edited November 2023
    TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

FireCohen said:

When you say stuff like that, you sound dumb.
    Tell yourself what you need to hear. I know that it would catastrophic to go 12-0 and then lose to Oregon. It cannot happen for UW.

It would be devastating.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,350
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

FireCohen said:

Tell yourself what you need to hear. I know that it would catastrophic to go 12-0 and then lose to Oregon. It cannot happen for UW.
    Exaggerate much?
  • Options
    TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

FireCohen said:

Exaggerate much?
    Battle tested much???

LMFAO. We played the same damn schedule save one team.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,350
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

FireCohen said:

Exaggerate much?
    Battle tested much???

You don't understand the concept. Take it to the Refuge or stick to injuries. You're out of your element, Mike.
  • Options
    TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

FireCohen said:

Exaggerate much?
    Battle tested much???

You don't understand the concept. Take it to the Refuge or stick to injuries. You're out of your element, Mike.
    Battle tested, LMFAO.