Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Auburndawgs Preseason PAC-12 PowerRankings

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

When Sven's power rankings come out one thing will be certain...

Cal will still be to damn high!

Not necessarily.

Game. Of. The. Year.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Not necessarily.

Game. Of. The. Year.
    Cal plays Portland State again this year?
  • Options

Not necessarily.

Game. Of. The. Year.
    Cal plays Portland State again this year?
    No, they are keeping it local with the Big Sky this year, but earlier than that.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Vegasdawg said:

I think a good case could be made for flip flopping UCLA and UW.

UCLA is closer to Oregon than UW is to UCLA right now. UCLA has better overall talent and a same level head coach. Maybe unfair, but thanks to Sark's consistent level of mediocrity, UW needs to play a few games before we should automatically anoint them #2 in the PAC 12
    Disagree. I don't know how you could come to that conclusion. Oregon is substantially better than both programs. The only shot either team has is if Helfrich is a total disaster. Even if he is, there is probably enough talent to only lose 1 or 2 games unless the team quits.

UCLA will most likely win the South, but they are slightly overrated. The national media has them as a top 5-10 team. I think 10-20 is more likely. They lost their best OL from a below average OL, Barr, Marsh, Zumwalt (Hi OBK!), and their #1 WR. They weren't a great defense last year with those guys. All 3 were picked in the NFL draft and won't be easy to replase. Mora has recruited very well, but they will be relying on some unproven guys. UW and Stanford are just as good going into the season, although it's fair to give UCLA a slight edge considering they have the best QB of the 3 teams.

Tier One: Oregon

Tier Two: UCLA, Stanford, UW

Tier Three: ASU, USC, Arizona, WSU, Oregon State

Tier Four: Utah, Colorado

This

Cal
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Cougs are finishing in the top 6 of the North

• Options

Cougs are finishing in the top 6 of the North

Barely. And there are only five teams in the North division.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Vegasdawg said:

UCLA is closer to Oregon than UW is to UCLA right now. UCLA has better overall talent and a same level head coach. Maybe unfair, but thanks to Sark's consistent level of mediocrity, UW needs to play a few games before we should automatically anoint them #2 in the PAC 12
    Disagree. I don't know how you could come to that conclusion. Oregon is substantially better than both programs. The only shot either team has is if Helfrich is a total disaster. Even if he is, there is probably enough talent to only lose 1 or 2 games unless the team quits.

UCLA will most likely win the South, but they are slightly overrated. The national media has them as a top 5-10 team. I think 10-20 is more likely. They lost their best OL from a below average OL, Barr, Marsh, Zumwalt (Hi OBK!), and their #1 WR. They weren't a great defense last year with those guys. All 3 were picked in the NFL draft and won't be easy to replace. Mora has recruited very well, but they will be relying on some unproven guys. UW and Stanford are just as good going into the season, although it's fair to give UCLA a slight edge considering they have the best QB of the 3 teams.

Cal
    You think Oregon is good enough to only lose two games max if their coach is a disaster? WHAT THE FUCK? Do you think they are the greatest collection of talent of all time?

I think they're good. I have them #1 in the conference. But it's damn sure possible that Helfrich sucks ass and they lose 4 games, without quitting on him.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Vegasdawg said:

UCLA will most likely win the South, but they are slightly overrated. The national media has them as a top 5-10 team. I think 10-20 is more likely. They lost their best OL from a below average OL, Barr, Marsh, Zumwalt (Hi OBK!), and their #1 WR. They weren't a great defense last year with those guys. All 3 were picked in the NFL draft and won't be easy to replace. Mora has recruited very well, but they will be relying on some unproven guys. UW and Stanford are just as good going into the season, although it's fair to give UCLA a slight edge considering they have the best QB of the 3 teams.

Cal
    You think Oregon is good enough to only lose two games max if their coach is a disaster? WHAT THE FUCK? Do you think they are the greatest collection of talent of all time?

I think they're good. I have them #1 in the conference. But it's damn sure possible that Helfrich sucks ass and they lose 4 games, without quitting on him.
    4 games, DNC? It's possible, but pretty unlikely. About as unlikely as WSU winning the North. I don't think it can happen unless the team quits on Helfrich. You would have to be a Gilby disaster to fuck up a team this loaded. Mariota, Marshall, Tyner, 2 very good TE's, and 4 returning starters off the OL. Losing Addison is a big blow, but they possibly have the best offense in the country. Their defense should be pretty good too, although they need to be tougher up front.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I don't think Oregon is an unstoppable juggernaught, but I don't get how someone could come to the conclusion that UCLA, a team that lost 42-14 against Oregon and pretty much got dominated against Stanford is closer to Oregon than UW is to UCLA. I think UW and UCLA were pretty even last year, and UW probably would have won at Husky Stadium. I don't think UCLA was better than UW at all last year. UW completely imploded like a typical Sark coached team on the road, and it was still a close game. Penalties, fumbles, passing on 4th and 1 in the 4th quarter, and a lack of toughness aka coaching cost us that game.

I'm with you on the UCLA front.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,293
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

I don't think Oregon is an unstoppable juggernaught, but I don't get how someone could come to the conclusion that UCLA, a team that lost 42-14 against Oregon and pretty much got dominated against Stanford is closer to Oregon than UW is to UCLA. I think UW and UCLA were pretty even last year, and UW probably would have won at Husky Stadium. I don't think UCLA was better than UW at all last year. UW completely imploded like a typical Sark coached team on the road, and it was still a close game. Penalties, fumbles, passing on 4th and 1 in the 4th quarter, and a lack of toughness aka coaching cost us that game.

Hundley threw for something like 64 yards, and even with that performance I think the game was tied at 14 until the last minute or so of the third quarter. Yeah, yeah, Oregon teases a lot of teams. But if Hundley averaged a bit more than 3 yards per pass, UCLA would have put a lot of pressure on Oregon, and Helfrich would have buckled.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Ucla and Hundley are overrated as hell. Hundley is a poor mans Locker that had the benefit of playing with way more talent and a competent coach. Ive never been very impressed by his performances

So you're saying he should be playing wide receiver?
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    Founders Club

Safety...
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,764
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Ucla and Hundley are overrated as hell. Hundley is a poor mans Locker that had the benefit of playing with way more talent and a competent coach. Ive never been very impressed by his performances

No.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2014
    There's nothing impressive or standout about Hundley. He certainly doesn't belong in the Heisman mix. The only reason he completed his passes at all was because Zumwalt was on the sidelines staring down the opposing defense and compromising their confidence. Now that Zumwalt is gone, expect a drop in Hundley's efficiency.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think he's pretty good, but you have a point. He was especially bad against Stanford and Oregon last year. To be fair, his OL was a disaster though. In the ASU game, he almost singlehandedly brought UCLA back even though he had to run for his life every other play.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The best quote I've ever heard about Hundley was "his ability to stare down receivers is unparalleled in the PAC 12. Throws a pick."