Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Penix Outduels the Talented but Hypersensitive Primadonna

Comments

• Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    He’s been throwing an interception every game for a while. Leave it alone and just win
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Bring back Cowboy Pup (or British Pup).

The Norm McDonald thing sounded like Tim Heidecker doing a Norm McDonald impersonation
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,430
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    doogville said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

If UW gets to the CFP, Penix wins the Heisman.

Rather easily.

Ehhhhh...

If they get there with the balanced offense from yesterday, I don't think he would have the gaudy stats that other guys will have. You don't win the Heisman in September or October.
    He’s the No. 1 passer in the country. You think UW is gonna pass/run for 200/200 each game the rest of the way? I don’t. They won’t be able to run on anyone like they did against USC. But even if they do, his numbers are going to look great if UW goes undefeated.

He’s #1 in total passing yards, but that’s basically it. And has been steadily losing ground across the board. Nix, Daniels, etc, will have gaudier stats by the end (unless Penix goes nuts down the stretch). To fend off McCarthy, I think UW would need to go undefeated.
    This is what I stated. If UW goes undefeated, Penix will win the Heisman. If they lose before the CFP, he most likely won't,

Why is this so difficult to understand?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
    156 206 75.7 2134 10.4 11.5 18 3 188.7
    225 324 69.4 3201 9.9 10.5 26 7 174.6

McCarthy (top line) vs. Penix. What about that stat line is so much better than Penix? And don't say "you didn't include his rushing stats" because McCarthy only has 130 of those.

The Heisman is Penix's to lose.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,635
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

doogville said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Rather easily.

Ehhhhh...

If they get there with the balanced offense from yesterday, I don't think he would have the gaudy stats that other guys will have. You don't win the Heisman in September or October.
    He’s the No. 1 passer in the country. You think UW is gonna pass/run for 200/200 each game the rest of the way? I don’t. They won’t be able to run on anyone like they did against USC. But even if they do, his numbers are going to look great if UW goes undefeated.

He’s #1 in total passing yards, but that’s basically it. And has been steadily losing ground across the board. Nix, Daniels, etc, will have gaudier stats by the end (unless Penix goes nuts down the stretch). To fend off McCarthy, I think UW would need to go undefeated.
    This is what I stated. If UW goes undefeated, Penix will win the Heisman. If they lose before the CFP, he most likely won't,

Why is this so difficult to understand?
    Huh?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I just want to keep winning. I don’t give two shits about the Heisman right now. If it happens, great. If not, oh well as long as the team keeps winning

Yes, and this is most likely the only way Penix wins the Heisman anyway.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Norm McDonald open was creepy.

Loved it.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,998
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,236
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I will listen to this pod on Friday so I have all my complaints about the pod fresh in my head when I come waddling into Romeo’s.

It’ll be an airing of grievances.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I will listen to this pod on Friday so I have all my complaints about the pod fresh in my head when I come waddling into Romeo’s.

It’ll be an airing of grievances.

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,824
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Just realized we didn’t bring up Jacobe Covington’s wise move to go be worse at USC

Does he even play at all?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Just realized we didn’t bring up Jacobe Covington’s wise move to go be worse at USC

I don’t think so
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,635
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

I just wanted to say that 1) my name/handle is not meant to be pronounceable, so roll with whatever you think it is, and 2) I listed to the pod while cleaning up the puke I spat all over my bedroom floor Saturday night when I got way too drunk during and after the gayme. Full circle!

The Circle of Life
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,166
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don’t think so
    He’d probably have started opposite Muhammad.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    doogville said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Rather easily.

Ehhhhh...

Disagree that “that’s it.” Most games he is throwing very tight windows and hitting bombs in perfect stride. That’s more than total passing yards.

You’re probably in love with Nix’s padded stats based on 4 yard completions.