Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Penix Outduels the Talented but Hypersensitive Primadonna

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,235
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Derek, Joey and WoolleyDoog enjoy the big win over USC. Of course, there were a couple of regressions where we complained about the refs and discussed the woes on defense. But a fairly upbeat podcast where we enjoy the 9-0 Dawgs. Admittedly, we failed to mention Dillon Johnson and his 256 yards rushing until late in the show, for which we apologized. We also answer a bunch of listener questions. The show opens with A.I. Norm MacDonald reading a graphic post from PurpleJ and then expressing his disappointment over said post.

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/hardcorehusky/episodes/Penix-Outduels-the-Talented-but-Hypersensitive-Primadonna-e2bh3rg

Comments

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,167
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

The wefs did everything they could to keep USC in it

Two OPI no calls on USC touchdown throws

Flag on UW lineman for getting his helmet ripped off??

Fuck the Pac 12

Can’t wait to pack the Uhaul
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    sara silverman pump rant would be funny
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,167
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

One thing is clear. No one except UW is happy about how the seasons has turned out so far.

P12N would have preferred SC to have this season, even as the real killers of the conference.

Butthurt.

It makes no sense but it sure feels this way
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Jesus you guys are worse than teenage girls. Who cares about the narrative, we run the table we get all the pub we want. Probably the first heisman in school history
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,600
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

Jesus you guys are worse than teenage girls. Who cares about the narrative, we run the table we get all the pub we want. Probably the first heisman in school history

Penix is not winning the Heisman unless Michigan falls apart. Even yesterday he was good but not crazy spectacular.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    TheHB said:

If UW gets to the CFP, Penix wins the Heisman.

Rather easily.

He is currently the favorite, so it’s not out of the realm of possibility.

Again, I’d love to be wrong, but it would not shock me if they still gave it to the FSU QB or even the WR from Ohio State.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

Rather easily.

Ehhhhh...

If they get there with the balanced offense from yesterday, I don't think he would have the gaudy stats that other guys will have. You don't win the Heisman in September or October.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    biak1 said:

He’s winning the Heisman if UW wins out. Thinking otherwise is more beaten down PTSD.

Agree to disagree, buddy.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

Rather easily.

Ehhhhh...

If they get there with the balanced offense from yesterday, I don't think he would have the gaudy stats that other guys will have. You don't win the Heisman in September or October.
    He’s the No. 1 passer in the country. You think UW is gonna pass/run for 200/200 each game the rest of the way? I don’t. They won’t be able to run on anyone like they did against USC. But even if they do, his numbers are going to look great if UW goes undefeated.

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Rather easily.

Ehhhhh...

He’s the No. 1 passer in the country. You think UW is gonna pass/run for 200/200 each game the rest of the way? I don’t. They won’t be able to run on anyone like they did against USC. But even if they do, his numbers are going to look great if UW goes undefeated.

They'll run on these less talented/athletic defenses they're going up against.