Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Penix Outduels the Talented but Hypersensitive Primadonna

124»

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

LawDawg1 said:

doogville said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

If UW gets to the CFP, Penix wins the Heisman.

Rather easily.

Ehhhhh...

If they get there with the balanced offense from yesterday, I don't think he would have the gaudy stats that other guys will have. You don't win the Heisman in September or October.
    He’s the No. 1 passer in the country. You think UW is gonna pass/run for 200/200 each game the rest of the way? I don’t. They won’t be able to run on anyone like they did against USC. But even if they do, his numbers are going to look great if UW goes undefeated.

He’s #1 in total passing yards, but that’s basically it. And has been steadily losing ground across the board. Nix, Daniels, etc, will have gaudier stats by the end (unless Penix goes nuts down the stretch). To fend off McCarthy, I think UW would need to go undefeated.
    Disagree that “that’s it.” Most games he is throwing very tight windows and hitting bombs in perfect stride. That’s more than total passing yards.

You’re probably in love with Nix’s padded stats based on 4 yard completions.
    It's getting really easy for QBs to put up big numbers in current college football. If people actually watch Penix they'll see he's making different kinds of throws, makes big plays in big moments, and really dictates if his team wins or loses.
    Best UW qb of my lifetime. Moon was not this good in college
    Correct

He was booed because he was bad

And black

At least he won the rose bowl and popped off. Hopefully penis gets a nice win big bowl win at UW
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,824
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

LawDawg1 said:

doogville said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Rather easily.

Ehhhhh...

If they get there with the balanced offense from yesterday, I don't think he would have the gaudy stats that other guys will have. You don't win the Heisman in September or October.
    He’s the No. 1 passer in the country. You think UW is gonna pass/run for 200/200 each game the rest of the way? I don’t. They won’t be able to run on anyone like they did against USC. But even if they do, his numbers are going to look great if UW goes undefeated.

He’s #1 in total passing yards, but that’s basically it. And has been steadily losing ground across the board. Nix, Daniels, etc, will have gaudier stats by the end (unless Penix goes nuts down the stretch). To fend off McCarthy, I think UW would need to go undefeated.
    Disagree that “that’s it.” Most games he is throwing very tight windows and hitting bombs in perfect stride. That’s more than total passing yards.

You’re probably in love with Nix’s padded stats based on 4 yard completions.
    It's getting really easy for QBs to put up big numbers in current college football. If people actually watch Penix they'll see he's making different kinds of throws, makes big plays in big moments, and really dictates if his team wins or loses.
    Best UW qb of my lifetime. Moon was not this good in college
    Penix is easily the greatest Husky QB already in my opinion. Great shot at being the best Husky at any time at any position to me depending on how he closes out this season.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Rather easily.

Ehhhhh...

All I know is that Penix peaked in early-October. That's not exactly the winning formula for a Heisman trophy. He's being caught by other guys. Nix wins it if Oregon wins the P12 CCG.
    Penix is not winning the Heisman.