Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The narrative that Lanning cost Oregon the game is wrong. UW was just better.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,603
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

SECDAWG said:

Meh. I watched the game as well. Facts are, Oregon outgained WA, outplayed on clock WA and out physicalled WA…none of that matters. Now. The final score is in the books.

Oregon could have won the game a few times over. But they didn’t. Score was 37-34 WA.

Bottom line. Will they meet again like Oklahoma and TX? IDK. Haven’t looked it up far as North/South, East/West…but for now, WA won scoreboard and in the drivers seat.

A lot of games still left to be played.

I can say this, WA is a better matchup for someone like GA if both get there, Oregon and Nix not so much.

Running on GA won’t work. Nix scrambling around and trying to make a play, not so much. Penis is far way and better to make that case for the PAC than Nix. It is and has been proven time and time again. Past and present. There is no discussion on this front….

WA would be way better in a CFP game than OR against the DAWGS . Michigan has no shot. OU and WA is a better comparison or competition than Oregon or Meatchicken.

Oregon had a lot of yards but never controlled the game.
    I'd say when they were driving and found themselves at mid-field with 2 minutes left in the game it seemed like they were in control of the game.
    I wanted them to punt which means Lanning made the right call

I knew if Penix got it back he scores

Still wondering why the clock stopped at 1:45 left. UW could have run 40 seconds even on a 2 play drive
    Disagree.

Question - if the punting team takes a delay penalty in a situation where they value eating up game clock more and the 5 yds. is no big deal, and then the receiving team declines it, is the time that is run off added back to the game clock?

Since I'm no Hugh Millen either, wondering why you wouldn't take the delay of game, maybe even twice, in that situation. But if the decline means the seconds go back on the game clock then of course you don't do it. Even I don't need Hugh Millen for that.

As to the clock, probably some Duck involved in clock management would be my guess. I'd bet that Ramming PR chick got one of her buddies a job at Husky Stadium for this very purpose. Seems likely IMO.
    After the first completion the clock stopped. UW had the ball already

Then it starts with a new 40 seconds and UW snaps it right away and scores

Oregon got 40 extra seconds to miss the field goal

Don't ever disagree with me in front of strangers
    I didn't disagree with the 40 seconds old man. In fact, I gave you a plausible theory of the case. I'd rather you say thank you and be on your way.

PGOS would say you probably need to get your reads down. Or whatever.
    You need to get your reads down
    Case closed

Not sure why Creep is making a mountain out of a mole hill.

50 yards, 75 yards, 99 yards. Penix is scoring there.

Only way he doesnt is if Oregon converts the 4th down.
    I think PGOS needs to get back to selling blow, preferably but not necessarily in the U-District.

Don James says you're wrong.
    Swarthy Warsh Ton fans...open yo fuckin eyes!!
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,214
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

SECDAWG said:

Meh. I watched the game as well. Facts are, Oregon outgained WA, outplayed on clock WA and out physicalled WA…none of that matters. Now. The final score is in the books.

Oregon could have won the game a few times over. But they didn’t. Score was 37-34 WA.

Bottom line. Will they meet again like Oklahoma and TX? IDK. Haven’t looked it up far as North/South, East/West…but for now, WA won scoreboard and in the drivers seat.

I can say this, WA is a better matchup for someone like GA if both get there, Oregon and Nix not so much.

Running on GA won’t work. Nix scrambling around and trying to make a play, not so much. Penis is far way and better to make that case for the PAC than Nix. It is and has been proven time and time again. Past and present. There is no discussion on this front….

WA would be way better in a CFP game than OR against the DAWGS . Michigan has no shot. OU and WA is a better comparison or competition than Oregon or Meatchicken.

I'd say when they were driving and found themselves at mid-field with 2 minutes left in the game it seemed like they were in control of the game.

Still wondering why the clock stopped at 1:45 left. UW could have run 40 seconds even on a 2 play drive
    Disagree.

Question - if the punting team takes a delay penalty in a situation where they value eating up game clock more and the 5 yds. is no big deal, and then the receiving team declines it, is the time that is run off added back to the game clock?

Since I'm no Hugh Millen either, wondering why you wouldn't take the delay of game, maybe even twice, in that situation. But if the decline means the seconds go back on the game clock then of course you don't do it. Even I don't need Hugh Millen for that.

As to the clock, probably some Duck involved in clock management would be my guess. I'd bet that Ramming PR chick got one of her buddies a job at Husky Stadium for this very purpose. Seems likely IMO.

I didn't disagree with the 40 seconds old man. In fact, I gave you a plausible theory of the case. I'd rather you say thank you and be on your way.

Case closed

I think PGOS needs to get back to selling blow, preferably but not necessarily in the U-District.

There are some neurotic takes in this thread. But c'est la vie

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

SECDAWG said:

Disagree.

Case closed

There are some neurotic takes in this thread. But c'est la vie

IOW, this thread delivered!

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,064
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    CatGut said:

SECDAWG said:

Disagree.

Case closed

100%. When I saw Oregon was going for it on 4th, I didn't think "oh thank God they're not punting", anyone who says they did is lying.
    Even if your opponent is doing something stupid on 4th down by going for it, you still would rather have them punt it emotionally.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    That game was just another step in the further cannibalization which always defines the PAC 1(2). UW will beat SC and then lose to OS. And then Oregon will beat SC but then lose to OS. Ute will lose to SC.

So it will be an OS-UW finale.

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Kaepsknee said:

That game was just another step in the further cannibalization which always defines the PAC 1(2). UW will beat SC and then lose to OS. And then Oregon will beat SC but then lose to OS. Ute will lose to SC.

So it will be an OS-UW finale.

Well, then, I just booked the suite for the Alamo Bowl! Can’t wait to get near the tunnel to see Sark!!!!
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Wow. Oregon's kicker misses another vs CUOG. Maybe Lan Danning was correct to eschew the FGs.
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    A bit surprising the line was 20 points in favor of Oregon.

This has been a close series. Last 4x Duck wins have been within 2x scores, 2 of which 2 and 3 point wins.
  • Options
    Totally underestimated SC’s ability to take a Heisman QB to 8-5.

My bad.
  • Options
    Bad day for the PAC 1(2) all around. Gonna need Oklahoma and FSU to lose one to get in.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Kaepsknee said:

Bad day for the PAC 1(2) all around. Gonna need Oklahoma and FSU to lose one to get in.

Fuck Oklahoma. FSU is pretty damn good.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,104
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2023

I'm tired of hearing how Oregon would have won that game if Lanning had made better decisions on a few plays.

Bull fucking shit.

Washington played better when it mattered, and as mediocre as Washington's defense appears to be, it is the toughest defense that Oregon has faced this year.

Lanning's biggest mistake was assuming that our defense was as bad as all of the other defenses that Oregon has faced this year.

Our defense shut down Oregon on their 3 failed fourth down conversions.

Meanwhile, Washington converted on 2 of their 3 fourth down attempts.

Period.

And while Washington has the toughest defense that Oregon has faced this year, Oregon is only the 2nd toughest defense that Washington has faced when you look at points scored. Arizona's defense was tougher.

We held Oregon to their season low of 33 points on Saturday.

Oregon didn't hold us to our season low, Arizona gets that honor.

The better team won on Saturday, and it wasn't due to Washington getting lucky that Lanning was a tard on a couple of plays.

omg, shut the fuck up you needy bitch. Everyone knows UW is the better team, and that includes coaching.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    WA St almost beat that ass.

Bo Nix can’t handle pressure.

Oregone can’t win big games.

I need to keep going?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I hated the 4th down to end the half. When you get a turnover, you always take the points. Period.

The other two were fine, I just hate the call of the sprint out pass. When you run a sprint pass, you take half the field away. As a former DB, I loved that play, because the space gets compacted and the passing windows close. On top of that, I think that last one, they ran it to the short side of the field, so they basically took away 2/3 of the field. A better option would have been to have Nix drop straight back. He then has the entire field to work with, and if someone pops open great. If not, look for a gap to run for it, or extend the play. When you have an athlete at QB, you must always give him options.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Let’s also not forget that the UW coaching staff almost gave the game away, by abandoning the run with 29-18 lead. They had Oregon on their heels and they let them off the hook.

In the end, here’s how I differentiate the two teams

Oregon is by far the most balanced of the two teams. Oregon is semi elite running the football, and a little above average in their passing game. UW is mediocre at best running the ball, outside of the Oregon game, but they are the best passing team in the country.