Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I like ...

Comments

• OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

@PurpleJ "Mathew 19:whatever"

You can be a disease-ridden, drugged out degenerate fuckwad who reads Christopher Hitchens everyday and still go to a christian soup kitchen, get fed, tell them you hate God as you walk back to the park and shoot up again, and come back the next day and still get fed.

Shit on their beliefs all you want, but that's American Christianity in a fucking nut shell.

You left out the part where the priests give it to the alter boys in the 2 hole.
    So it's possible for human beings charged with doing the right thing to actually do something abhorrent instead?

You don't say.
    Can you name an institution that molest more children?
    Are you talking about Catholics? Or Christians?

None the less, as a religion, Islam easily holds the molestation of children crown. It's not even close.
    I think the topic of the thread is US christian churches. Last I checked, catholics are christians, so not following your question.
    jesus-is-lord.com/cath.htm

I know you probably won't read it, but you should. This outlines most of the major grievances with the theology/history of the Catholic church.
    Regardless of the differences that the various denominations have with each other, they are all still under the Christian umbrella.
    If you can't see the difference between an organization that forbids clergy from having sex and in turn produces a sickening rate of molesters, and those that don't forbid leadership from sex and coincidentally doesn't produce a high rate of molestering, I can't help you.
    If you can't see that both of those organizations still call themselves christian, and are considered by the vast majority of everything to be so, then it is you that can't be helped.
    Christianity is a very loosely connected group of separate institutions.
    I'm sure that fact, makes the kids molested by the christian priests, feel much better.

Do you split the same hairs with Islam? Which loose collective within Islam was responsible for 9-11?

Or do you save your hair-splitting, for those moments when you are trying to protect whichever denomination you identify with?

I've never blamed Islam for 911.

But I'm sure you've seen them blamed countless times, so the question remains... do you split hairs when you come to Islam's defense and say it was just a single denomination within the faith?

Or do you only defend whichever christian denomination you identify with and want to argue doesn't molest kids as much as the catholic denomination of christianity?

"argue"

LOL

Yes, I'm just "arguing" that the Catholic priesthood is unique in it's child molesting ways. You got me.

There's an interesting conversation to be had here, but since you'd rather remain intentionally obtuse there's no poont in having it. You've reached PeopleMuncher territory in this thread. Congrats.
    Try Google and you'll see it ain't just the Catholic denomination of the Christian faith.

If you want to argue some denominations do it less, have fun, but that isn't the point... because they still do it.
    The fact remains Islam does it to an extreme that the catholic church couldn't get to in a million years at their rate. Islam clearly wins the most horrible religion on the planet prize.
    This thread is about US faiths... how big is Islam in the US? Try and keep up.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

You can be a disease-ridden, drugged out degenerate fuckwad who reads Christopher Hitchens everyday and still go to a christian soup kitchen, get fed, tell them you hate God as you walk back to the park and shoot up again, and come back the next day and still get fed.

Shit on their beliefs all you want, but that's American Christianity in a fucking nut shell.

You left out the part where the priests give it to the alter boys in the 2 hole.
    So it's possible for human beings charged with doing the right thing to actually do something abhorrent instead?

You don't say.

None the less, as a religion, Islam easily holds the molestation of children crown. It's not even close.
    I think the topic of the thread is US christian churches. Last I checked, catholics are christians, so not following your question.

I know you probably won't read it, but you should. This outlines most of the major grievances with the theology/history of the Catholic church.
    Regardless of the differences that the various denominations have with each other, they are all still under the Christian umbrella.
    If you can't see the difference between an organization that forbids clergy from having sex and in turn produces a sickening rate of molesters, and those that don't forbid leadership from sex and coincidentally doesn't produce a high rate of molestering, I can't help you.
    If you can't see that both of those organizations still call themselves christian, and are considered by the vast majority of everything to be so, then it is you that can't be helped.
    I'm sure that fact, makes the kids molested by the christian priests, feel much better.

Do you split the same hairs with Islam? Which loose collective within Islam was responsible for 9-11?

Or do you save your hair-splitting, for those moments when you are trying to protect whichever denomination you identify with?

But I'm sure you've seen them blamed countless times, so the question remains... do you split hairs when you come to Islam's defense and say it was just a single denomination within the faith?

Or do you only defend whichever christian denomination you identify with and want to argue doesn't molest kids as much as the catholic denomination of christianity?

"argue"

LOL

Yes, I'm just "arguing" that the Catholic priesthood is unique in it's child molesting ways. You got me.

There's an interesting conversation to be had here, but since you'd rather remain intentionally obtuse there's no poont in having it. You've reached PeopleMuncher territory in this thread. Congrats.
    Try Google and you'll see it ain't just the Catholic denomination of the Christian faith.

If you want to argue some denominations do it less, have fun, but that isn't the point... because they still do it.
    The fact remains Islam does it to an extreme that the catholic church couldn't get to in a million years at their rate. Islam clearly wins the most horrible religion on the planet prize.
    Disagree. We've gone global.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

You don't say.

"argue"

LOL

OK, thread-direction decider guy.

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

You don't say.

"argue"

LOL

Disagree. We've gone global.
    Really? So the US grants tax exempt status to non-profits not based in the US?

Because... if you look back to the start... that is how this thread began.

And even if you are correct that Islam molests more kids than the Christians do... does that somehow make the Christian molesters less vile?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

You don't say.

"argue"

LOL

I never argued that no other "Christians" have ever molestered children. I am *arguing* that if you take out the subset of Catholic clergy, Christians do not molest children at a higher rate than society at large. So if your claim is that the Christian institution is the greatest scourge upon children (which may or may not be correct), the blame for that rests on the Catholic clergy not the religion as a whole.

But you can continue to argue that the misdeeds of thousands (perhaps tens of thousands) tell you something about a group of two billion people and pretend that makes you somehow enlightened all you like.
    The experts disagree with you (of course):

"Insurance companies, child advocacy groups and religion scholars say there is no evidence that Catholic clergy are more likely to be involved in sexual misconduct than other clergy..."

"...insurers have been assessing the risks since they began offering riders on liability policies in the 1980s. Two of the largest insurers report no higher risks in covering Catholic churches than Protestant denominations."

I'll leave finding the link to you... since it is obvious your google skills need practice. But here is a hint, it is a major us news paper that has a web site.

Case closed.
    Denver Poast is your source?

Sarkasm aside, talk about taking something out of context. Holy crap. That article debunked your entire claim against the Christian "institution", Catholics and Protestants alike. Thanks for the help. I can see why you didn't want to share the link.

Here's the actual sentence you conveniently clipped:
    Insurance companies, child advocacy groups and religion scholars say there is no evidence that Catholic clergy are more likely to be involved in sexual misconduct than other clergy or professionals.
    Those last two words change the whole thing.

I also found this simultaneously disturbing and enlightening, among numerous other relevant paragraphs:
    Researchers and journalists examining the sexual and physical abuse by American public schoolteachers have found “a horrendous volume of cases,” Jenkins said, and nobody has paid the sort of attention to it that the Catholic Church has experienced since the late 1990s.
    I guess I was wrong, the Catholic priests aren't more likely to commit molesteration than anyone, Christian or otherwise. I was wrong about the Catholic clergy. You were wrong about Christianity as a whole. True abundance.

Here's the link for those interested.

Case closed indeed.
    dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

You don't say.

"argue"

LOL

I never argued that no other "Christians" have ever molestered children. I am *arguing* that if you take out the subset of Catholic clergy, Christians do not molest children at a higher rate than society at large. So if your claim is that the Christian institution is the greatest scourge upon children (which may or may not be correct), the blame for that rests on the Catholic clergy not the religion as a whole.

But you can continue to argue that the misdeeds of thousands (perhaps tens of thousands) tell you something about a group of two billion people and pretend that makes you somehow enlightened all you like.

"Insurance companies, child advocacy groups and religion scholars say there is no evidence that Catholic clergy are more likely to be involved in sexual misconduct than other clergy..."

"...insurers have been assessing the risks since they began offering riders on liability policies in the 1980s. Two of the largest insurers report no higher risks in covering Catholic churches than Protestant denominations."

I'll leave finding the link to you... since it is obvious your google skills need practice. But here is a hint, it is a major us news paper that has a web site.

Case closed.

Sarkasm aside, talk about taking something out of context. Holy crap. That article debunked your entire claim against the Christian "institution", Catholics and Protestants alike. Thanks for the help. I can see why you didn't want to share the link.

Insurance companies, child advocacy groups and religion scholars say there is no evidence that Catholic clergy are more likely to be involved in sexual misconduct than other clergy or professionals.

I also found this simultaneously disturbing and enlightening, among numerous other relevant paragraphs:
    Researchers and journalists examining the sexual and physical abuse by American public schoolteachers have found “a horrendous volume of cases,” Jenkins said, and nobody has paid the sort of attention to it that the Catholic Church has experienced since the late 1990s.
    I guess I was wrong, the Catholic priests aren't more likely to commit molesteration than anyone, Christian or otherwise. I was wrong about the Catholic clergy. You were wrong about Christianity as a whole. True abundance.

Case closed indeed.

TL DR.

Except the part where you admit you were wrong.

Which I already knew.
    OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

You don't say.

"argue"

LOL

Case closed.

Case closed indeed.

TL DR.

Which I already knew.
    I always knew you wouldn't man up and admit you were wrong, I just didn't know it would be so soon.

Good talk.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

You don't say.

"argue"

LOL

Case closed.

Case closed indeed.

I just wanted to join this quote festivus.

This thread blows.
    edited July 2014

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

You don't say.

"argue"

LOL

Case closed.

Case closed indeed.

This thread blows.Like a Catholic priest

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

You don't say.

"argue"

LOL

Case closed.

Case closed indeed.
    TL DR.

Which I already knew.
    I always knew you wouldn't man up and admit you were wrong, I just didn't know it would be so soon.

Good talk.

Quote the part where I was wrong?

My argument was that the christian institution as a whole molests kids, not just catholics. I proved that, and you admitted it.

Earlier in the thread I did ask a question of which institutions molests more, but I never argued there weren't any.

You must have read into it while getting your panties in a wad while jumping to the defense of the non-catholic christians.

I'll gladly admit other institutions do this, such as the boy scouts of america.

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

You don't say.

"argue"

LOL

Case closed.

Case closed indeed.

This thread blows.

I agree with you. I blame DNC for turning it into a long drawn out, and failed, defense of protestants... while Damone kept trying to bring Islam into it.

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

You don't say.

"argue"

LOL

Case closed.

Case closed indeed.
    TL DR.

Which I already knew.

Good talk.

My argument was that the christian institution as a whole molests kids, not just catholics. I proved that, and you admitted it.

Earlier in the thread I did ask a question of which institutions molests more, but I never argued there weren't any.

You must have read into it while getting your panties in a wad while jumping to the defense of the non-catholic christians.

I'll gladly admit other institutions do this, such as the boy scouts of america.

disagree

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,791
    I just wanted to point out that every time you guys quote in this thread, I get "mentioned". I probably have like 60 notifications from this thread.

"LOL"
    PurpleJ said:

I just wanted to point out that every time you guys quote in this thread, I get "mentioned". I probably have like 60 notifications from this thread.

"LOL"

That's some major FREE PUB(!) hitting the hole
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,791
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

"LOL"

This thread obviously needs more jokes about "hitting the hole"
    PurpleJ said:

dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

"LOL"

Disagree. Just Needs_More_Cockus.

• doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    PurpleJ said:

dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

"LOL"

That's called taking communion in some circles.
    Q: How do you get a nun pregnant?

A: You dress her up like an altar boy.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

You don't say.

"argue"

LOL

Case closed.

Case closed indeed.
    TL DR.

Which I already knew.

Good talk.

Institutions don't molest. Individuals do. The institutions of government molest us all, but that's another story.