Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I like ...

pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,855 Founders Club
I like to make $900k and say I am a non-profit. I do that.

crosscut.com/2014/07/16/religion/121033/inside-mars-hills-big-meltdown/?page=single

#doingthelordswork #wwmdd

Comments

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    They do hold "Women's training days"... so there's that.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Isn't Russell Wilson involved with them?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

They got a divorce.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    I give it about two years before it comes out that the Mars Hills guy was nailing choir boys before each service.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,855 Founders Club

Sure. Aren't all Christians the same? Don't be a twister.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,492 Founders Club
    The CEO of Goodwill makes about $850,000 per yr. and they get away with paying the retards below third world wages. Greed is all around us, even in the supposedly altruistic places.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    One of my ex girlfriends made me go to a Mars Hill service with her years ago. I'll never forget the Christian Rock band that played. The chorus to one of their songs was "nothing but the blood of Jesus". Amazing.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,791
    And people wonder why no one takes Christians in this country seriously. So many fake ass hypocrites out there.
    edited July 2014

PurpleJ said:

And people wonder why no one takes Christians in this country seriously. So many fake ass hypocrites out there.

1. Pretty sure a substantial percentage of the country takes Christians seriously. ( see the make up of congress)
    2. The issue isn't just Christians.
    3. What's a fake hypocrite? Wouldn't that be a non hypocrite?

1. Fair enough.
    2. Christianity is the religion in question in this thread. Did you miss that?
    3. Fake ass and hypocrite were meant to be two separate adjectives. Should have made that more clear. You can be a "fake ass" and a "hypocrite", you know.

"And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

Matthew 19:24

American Christianity in a nutshell.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

1. Pretty sure a substantial percentage of the country takes Christians seriously. ( see the make up of congress)

1. Fair enough.
    3. Fake ass and hypocrite were meant to be two separate adjectives. Should have made that more clear. You can be a "fake ass" and a "hypocrite", you know.

"And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

1. Agreed
    2. Whatever
    3. You needed a comma in there to have it make sense.
    4. What is that verse for?
    5.?
    6. Profit.

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

1. Fair enough.

1. Agreed
    2. Whatever
    3. You needed a comma in there to have it make sense.
    4. What is that verse for?
    5.?
    6. Profit.
    1. Disagree
    2. I see what you were getting at before. There are plenty of other non-profits that pull this shit.
    3. ,
    4. Just putting it out there. I know, I know. Great cherry picking of bible verses as always.
    5. Agree
    6. One too many reasons.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Roger Goodell and I shared a good laugh together after reading this thread.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,318 Swaye's Wigwam

I think he quit that church....shocking I know.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    HuskyJW said:

I think he quit that church....shocking I know.
    He quits everything, amirite?!

• OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    edited July 2014
    haie said:

@PurpleJ "Mathew 19:whatever"

You can be a disease-ridden, drugged out degenerate fuckwad who reads Christopher Hitchens everyday and still go to a christian soup kitchen, get fed, tell them you hate God as you walk back to the park and shoot up again, and come back the next day and still get fed.

Shit on their beliefs all you want, but that's American Christianity in a fucking nut shell.

You left out the part where the priests give it to the alter boys in the 2 hole.
    edited July 2014
    haie said:

Shit on their beliefs all you want, but that's American Christianity in a fucking nut shell.

I'm not here to shit on anyone's beliefs. Just wanted to point out the hypocrisy of someone who is supposed to be held to a higher moral code. Someone who's actions shit on the rest of Christians everywhere. Most Christians are good honest people. I cited that verse for that reason.

We can talk about how Seattle media hates religion, particularly Christianity. Particularly when it's a church that doesn't support gays. However, two wrongs don't make a right. If this shit doesn't happen, those scumbags in the media have no ammunition.