Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I like ...

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited July 2014
    OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

@PurpleJ "Mathew 19:whatever"

You can be a disease-ridden, drugged out degenerate fuckwad who reads Christopher Hitchens everyday and still go to a christian soup kitchen, get fed, tell them you hate God as you walk back to the park and shoot up again, and come back the next day and still get fed.

Shit on their beliefs all you want, but that's American Christianity in a fucking nut shell.

You left out the part where the priests give it to the alter boys in the 2 hole.
    So it's possible for human beings charged with doing the right thing to actually do something abhorrent instead?

You don't say.
    Can you name an institution that molest more children?
    Are you talking about Catholics? Or Christians?

None the less, as a religion, Islam easily holds the molestation of children crown. It's not even close.
    I think the topic of the thread is US christian churches. Last I checked, catholics are christians, so not following your question.
    jesus-is-lord.com/cath.htm

I know you probably won't read it, but you should. This outlines most of the major grievances with the theology/history of the Catholic church.
    Regardless of the differences that the various denominations have with each other, they are all still under the Christian umbrella.
    If you can't see the difference between an organization that forbids clergy from having sex and in turn produces a sickening rate of molesters, and those that don't forbid leadership from sex and coincidentally doesn't produce a high rate of molestering, I can't help you.
    If you can't see that both of those organizations still call themselves christian, and are considered by the vast majority of everything to be so, then it is you that can't be helped.
    If you want to get semantic (and you clearly do) you referred to Christianity as an "institution". Christianity is a very loosely connected group of separate institutions. One of those specific institutions has the issue you're referring to. Let's give credit where it's due.
  • OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

You can be a disease-ridden, drugged out degenerate fuckwad who reads Christopher Hitchens everyday and still go to a christian soup kitchen, get fed, tell them you hate God as you walk back to the park and shoot up again, and come back the next day and still get fed.

Shit on their beliefs all you want, but that's American Christianity in a fucking nut shell.

You left out the part where the priests give it to the alter boys in the 2 hole.
    So it's possible for human beings charged with doing the right thing to actually do something abhorrent instead?

You don't say.

None the less, as a religion, Islam easily holds the molestation of children crown. It's not even close.
    I think the topic of the thread is US christian churches. Last I checked, catholics are christians, so not following your question.

I know you probably won't read it, but you should. This outlines most of the major grievances with the theology/history of the Catholic church.
    Regardless of the differences that the various denominations have with each other, they are all still under the Christian umbrella.
    If you can't see the difference between an organization that forbids clergy from having sex and in turn produces a sickening rate of molesters, and those that don't forbid leadership from sex and coincidentally doesn't produce a high rate of molestering, I can't help you.
    If you can't see that both of those organizations still call themselves christian, and are considered by the vast majority of everything to be so, then it is you that can't be helped.
    Christianity is a very loosely connected group of separate institutions.
    I'm sure that fact, makes the kids molested by the christian priests, feel much better.

Do you split the same hairs with Islam? Which loose collective within Islam was responsible for 9-11?

Or do you save your hair-splitting, for those moments when you are trying to protect whichever denomination you identify with?

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

You don't say.

I'm sure that fact, makes the kids molested by the christian priests, feel much better.

Do you split the same hairs with Islam? Which loose collective within Islam was responsible for 9-11?

Or do you save your hair-splitting, for those moments when you are trying to protect whichever denomination you identify with?

I've never blamed Islam for 911.

Troll on.
    edited July 2014
    dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

You don't say.

But I'm sure you've seen them blamed countless times, so the question remains... do you split hairs when you come to Islam's defense and say it was just a single denomination within the faith?

Or do you only defend whichever christian denomination you identify with and want to argue doesn't molest kids as much as the catholic denomination of christianity?

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

You don't say.

But I'm sure you've seen them blamed countless times, so the question remains... do you split hairs when you come to Islam's defense and say it was just a single denomination within the faith?

Or do you only defend whichever christian denomination you identify with and want to argue doesn't molest kids as much as the catholic denomination of christianity?

Catholicism seems like its become somewhat of a perversion of what Christianity was originally intended to be over the centuries. I don't know if I'd refer to it as a branch of Christianity even.
    edited July 2014
    OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

You don't say.

"argue"

LOL

Yes, I'm just "arguing" that the Catholic priesthood is unique in it's child molesting ways. You got me.

There's an interesting conversation to be had here, but since you'd rather remain intentionally obtuse there's no poont in having it. You've reached PeopleMuncher territory in this thread. Congrats.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,791
    OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

Great use of the same recycled joke that someone else already made earlier in the thread. Wow.
    Oh sorry. I skipped over part of the thread where you and Damone were having a pillow fight so maybe I missed it.
    Don't be mad that you didn't get invited to our sleepover.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,276
    This is what my 10.95 is for, top shelf religious commentary from the HHB
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,350 Founders Club
    This thread reminds me of something that sucks.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,855 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

This thread reminds me of something that sucks.

Staff, true?!
    dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

You don't say.

"argue"

LOL

Yes, I'm just "arguing" that the Catholic priesthood is unique in it's child molesting ways. You got me.

There's an interesting conversation to be had here, but since you'd rather remain intentionally obtuse there's no poont in having it. You've reached PeopleMuncher territory in this thread. Congrats.
    Try Google and you'll see it ain't just the Catholic denomination of the Christian faith.

If you want to argue some denominations do it less, have fun, but that isn't the point... because they still do it.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited July 2014
    OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

You don't say.

"argue"

LOL

Try Google and you'll see it ain't just the Catholic denomination of the Christian faith.

If you want to argue some denominations do it less, have fun, but that isn't the point... because they still do it.
    The fact remains Islam does it to an extreme that the catholic church couldn't get to in a million years at their rate. Islam clearly wins the most horrible religion on the planet prize.
    edited July 2014
    OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

You don't say.

"argue"

LOL

I never argued that no other "Christians" have ever molestered children. I am *arguing* that if you take out the subset of Catholic clergy, Christians do not molest children at a higher rate than society at large. So if your claim is that the Christian institution is the greatest scourge upon children (which may or may not be correct), the blame for that rests on the Catholic clergy not the religion as a whole.

But you can continue to argue that the misdeeds of thousands (perhaps tens of thousands) tell you something about a group of two billion people and pretend that makes you somehow enlightened all you like.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited July 2014
    Anyone who thinks Islam is a good religion needs to die in a plague of locusts while being buttrammed by a leper camel.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    dnc said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

You don't say.

Truth
  • seatownfunkseatownfunk Member Posts: 805

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

You don't say.

"argue"

LOL

The fact remains Islam does it to an extreme that the catholic church couldn't get to in a million years at their rate. Islam clearly wins the most horrible religion on the planet prize.

I was for Islam until the airforce game
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

You don't say.

"argue"

LOL

I was for Islam until the airforce game
    I turned at the 2007 Oregon game.
    Islam only gets the downtrodden countries.
    dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

haie said:

You don't say.

"argue"

LOL

I never argued that no other "Christians" have ever molestered children. I am *arguing* that if you take out the subset of Catholic clergy, Christians do not molest children at a higher rate than society at large. So if your claim is that the Christian institution is the greatest scourge upon children (which may or may not be correct), the blame for that rests on the Catholic clergy not the religion as a whole.

But you can continue to argue that the misdeeds of thousands (perhaps tens of thousands) tell you something about a group of two billion people and pretend that makes you somehow enlightened all you like.
    The experts disagree with you (of course):

"Insurance companies, child advocacy groups and religion scholars say there is no evidence that Catholic clergy are more likely to be involved in sexual misconduct than other clergy..."

"...insurers have been assessing the risks since they began offering riders on liability policies in the 1980s. Two of the largest insurers report no higher risks in covering Catholic churches than Protestant denominations."

I'll leave finding the link to you... since it is obvious your google skills need practice. But here is a hint, it is a major us news paper that has a web site.

Case closed.