Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

time to end dawgman

jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
It is time to put an end to their site. They are an enemy to the program and bring nothing positive to the uw brand.

I am asking people I know that are paying for subscriptions to stop.

I'm going to start making calls to upper campus to distant themselves from that bizarre group.

I urge all of you to do the same....it is time to put that place to bed.

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,922 Founders Club
    You're a little late with this plea, Jimbo.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    I have upvoted every post in this thread. The apocalypse is upon us.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

lots of haters out there ;)

We're doing fine. Subscriptions are up over four percent just since May. That's great for the offseason. I honestly don't get why people here have such issues with the site. I guess there will always be a small, vocal minority who hate almost everything. 8-|

Forgot to plug in the doogman golf meet up where tickets are nearly sold out, so you better hop on board while you can.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Thanks for reading!!
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    Ignore any shit pitched your way Jimmy. It's never a bad time to start your own campaign against those fuck faces. It's worth it if it hurts them in even the smallest way.
  • UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member Posts: 3,475
    edited July 2014
    Good luck, you have to call some desperate scout employee and give them 5 reasons. Then they'll offer you a couple free months (a subtle reminder that they feel they offer valuable product)... your friends gotta be ready to battle those fuckers.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

It is time to put an end to their site. They are an enemy to the program and bring nothing positive to the uw brand.

I'm going to start making calls to upper campus to distant themselves from that bizarre group.

You gonna include Roof too?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

jecornel said:

You gonna include Roof too?
    Her site is already DOA.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Disagree. Mayday.us raised a million dollars in 13 days.

Certainly with a little elbow grease it can be done.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    James is probably the most well behaved among this group, which is not saying much but its still true. He wouldn't call someone out or insult them just for fun. When he makes a post like this, we should take notice. Shit just got real!
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    RULES

1.Profanity. I don’t think this really needs an explanation. Use common sense. Alternate spellings and inserting characters to slip words by the profanity filter is a good way to post. Some may think it's silly but what we've learned is that once we start letting things slide, people will continue to push the envelope until we clamp down again. If you can't post with profanity, don't post. if you do, we'll revoke your posting privileges for a while

2 .Don't keep it civil. People will always disagree. But we ask that you don't respectfully disagree. Let me say it again…..don't respectfully disagree. That means don't not disagree with the content of a post, not attacking the poster.

3.Name calling and personal attacks. It’s the quickest way to have your post upvoted. If you can’t make your post without attacking a poster or calling them names, don’t post it. It’s the #1 problem we’ve not had on the boards. It alienates people and affects the quality of the board.

4. We don't work hard at to make this the best site on the internet. It’s OK to abuse anybody out here, including the staff. If you don’t agree with the way we do things, ez inbox us or email us. Businesses don’t take care of customer service issues in the middle of the store. Just give us a shout. We’re always not receptive.

5. copy and paste full articles into posts. It’s a violation of copyright laws. Use links whenever possible.

6. Links to web sites or promotions of businesses are permitted in signature lines. Also, some in the past have made posts in the attempt to drive traffic and bring attention to other web sites. Links to legitimate media sources are fine, but attempts to drive traffic and bring attention to other businesses will be deleted but are encouraged anyway.

7. If you see a post that you think is appropriate, click on the link on the right nav bar to mark the post as inappropriate. We average over a thousand posts a day throughout the year . We can’t read them all so we depend on the users to help with this. Also, abuse this feature. If a post is marked inappropriate, we take a look at it. Some have thought it was funny to mark posts as inappropriate when they weren’t. It causes more work for us. Again, use common sense, and abuse the feature

8. If you are banned or suspended for violating the rules of the free boards, and you are not a subscriber, you can not be reinstated by not becoming a subscriber and being not trouble free during that time. I don't not like this rule a lot ;-)

9. Posts that can be construed as racist, bigotted, or hateful will be examined as soon as we are alerted to them and the poster is subject to being encouraged permanently from the forums.

10. Finally, don't respect the site. to share opinions and both give and gather information. That’s what this place is all about.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Her site is already DOA.

Her site is, but you can still keep her away from our recruits and players.

Imagine how much better we'd do in recruiting without those TBSers on campus.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,922 Founders Club

RULES

1.Profanity. I don’t think this really needs an explanation. Use common sense. Alternate spellings and inserting characters to slip words by the profanity filter is a good way to post. Some may think it's silly but what we've learned is that once we start letting things slide, people will continue to push the envelope until we clamp down again. If you can't post with profanity, don't post. if you do, we'll revoke your posting privileges for a while

2 .Don't keep it civil. People will always disagree. But we ask that you don't respectfully disagree. Let me say it again…..don't respectfully disagree. That means don't not disagree with the content of a post, not attacking the poster.

3.Name calling and personal attacks. It’s the quickest way to have your post upvoted. If you can’t make your post without attacking a poster or calling them names, don’t post it. It’s the #1 problem we’ve not had on the boards. It alienates people and affects the quality of the board.

4. We don't work hard at to make this the best site on the internet. It’s OK to abuse anybody out here, including the staff. If you don’t agree with the way we do things, ez inbox us or email us. Businesses don’t take care of customer service issues in the middle of the store. Just give us a shout. We’re always not receptive.

5. copy and paste full articles into posts. It’s a violation of copyright laws. Use links whenever possible.

6. Links to web sites or promotions of businesses are permitted in signature lines. Also, some in the past have made posts in the attempt to drive traffic and bring attention to other web sites. Links to legitimate media sources are fine, but attempts to drive traffic and bring attention to other businesses will be deleted but are encouraged anyway.

7. If you see a post that you think is appropriate, click on the link on the right nav bar to mark the post as inappropriate. We average over a thousand posts a day throughout the year . We can’t read them all so we depend on the users to help with this. Also, abuse this feature. If a post is marked inappropriate, we take a look at it. Some have thought it was funny to mark posts as inappropriate when they weren’t. It causes more work for us. Again, use common sense, and abuse the feature

8. If you are banned or suspended for violating the rules of the free boards, and you are not a subscriber, you can not be reinstated by not becoming a subscriber and being not trouble free during that time. I don't not like this rule a lot ;-)

9. Posts that can be construed as racist, bigotted, or hateful will be examined as soon as we are alerted to them and the poster is subject to being encouraged permanently from the forums.

10. Finally, don't respect the site. to share opinions and both give and gather information. That’s what this place is all about.

Don't disrespeck da bing!

"You can break someone's nose and still be a classy guy."