Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Things You Hate About Summer Thread

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    chuck said:

I remember when the DNR fought fires

Great summer employment

Bend is making logging great again. Trucks full of pine coming down the road past Yella's house every day.

The forests look great after being thinned out a bit and a bit of vegetation grows back in.

We should be employing millions of young men to thin the forests of the Western US and punch you in the face after drinking a six pack of Buckhorn lager.
    Buckhorn! Holy Fuck!

Just teleported to 1975.
    According to my friend who transplanted here from Kentucky in the early 90s, it's spelled Buckhorn but pronounced Buckern.
    Great Label. Shitty Beer. Like most Animal beers.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,937
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Great summer employment

Bend is making logging great again. Trucks full of pine coming down the road past Yella's house every day.

The forests look great after being thinned out a bit and a bit of vegetation grows back in.

We should be employing millions of young men to thin the forests of the Western US and punch you in the face after drinking a six pack of Buckhorn lager.
    Buckhorn! Holy Fuck!

Just teleported to 1975.
    While I'm physically much younger than you Boomers (or young Gen X'ers) mentally I'm much older.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Great summer employment

Buckhorn! Holy Fuck!

Just teleported to 1975.
    According to my friend who transplanted here from Kentucky in the early 90s, it's spelled Buckhorn but pronounced Buckern.
    When I was a kid my Dad was a devoted Schmidt drinker, but swore to only buy the cans with ducks on them rather than fish. Better "taste" according to him. He wasn't kidding either.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2023
    SECDAWG said:

Extreme heat with high dew points and humidity. Steam room style.
    Mosquitoes, deer flies, horse flies, chiggers…fk, bugs in general.
    Snakes
    Severe weather:Thunderstorms/tornadoes
    Ohh, and Hurricanes. They pretty much suck…and blow.

The beer, boating, rivers, creeks, beach, gulf, islands and bikinis aren’t bad tho.

Mosquitoes 100%
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,859
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    SECDAWG said:

Snakes

The beer, boating, rivers, creeks, beach, gulf, islands and bikinis aren’t bad tho.

The Throbber likes swimming in waters that don't hold creatures that can kill him.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

SECDAWG said:

Snakes

The Throbber likes swimming in waters that don't hold creatures that can kill him.

Agree. Yella doesn't swim in any body of water where the visibility isn't, at least, 30 feet.

This basically rules out the South for me.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Great summer employment

Buckhorn! Holy Fuck!

Just teleported to 1975.
    When I was a kid my Dad was a devoted Schmidt drinker, but swore to only buy the cans with ducks on them rather than fish. Better "taste" according to him. He wasn't kidding either.
    We used to beer-bong Schmidt using a transmission fluid funnel from the auto parts store.

Learned that trick from some dormies at EWU. Shit worked.

Getting drunk on shitty beer was quite a thing in HS.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

Great summer employment

Buckhorn! Holy Fuck!

Just teleported to 1975.
    We used to beer-bong Schmidt using a transmission fluid funnel from the auto parts store.

Learned that trick from some dormies at EWU. Shit worked.

Getting drunk on shitty beer was quite a thing in HS.
    We used to cut whatever animal was in season off the 12 pack and pin them on our tee shirts before going to a party.

Great ice breaker / conversation starter.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

SECDAWG said:

Snakes

SECDAWG said:

Snakes

Agree. Yella doesn't swim in any body of water where the visibility isn't, at least, 30 feet.

Because so many folks compared to the sheer volume of folks have died from something lurking in waters they can’t see below a foot in the dark, murky waters in the south waters…fucking pussies. Heh
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

Snakes

SECDAWG said:

Snakes

Because so many folks compared to the sheer volume of folks have died from something lurking in waters they can’t see below a foot in the dark, murky waters in the south waters…fucking pussies. Heh
    What if a giant catfish bit off my toe ? Fuck that @SECDAWG

Them muddy waters are narsty.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

Snakes

SECDAWG said:

Snakes

What if a giant catfish bit off my toe ? Fuck that @SECDAWG

Them muddy waters are narsty.
    Ha. If that would happen, we would be the first. Nothing to worry about. We’re not in Europe where they claim shit like that has happened. However, I’m not “noodling”(sticking my hands in holes and logs at the bottom of rivers) around here. Ever seen a loggerhead turtle?? They’re in abundance here and have caught some giants, like 200# and a head that wouldn’t fit in a 5 gallon bucket. Snap! Hand, arm, whatever…gone. Fk that shit. Probably the most scary thing in the bottom of these rivers here and creeks. Gators? Meh.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    Growing up in AZ summer is kinda like winter in other places in that you kinda hunker down and stay inside or go in the pool. But the one thing that always sucked was getting in the hot car. Fortunately remote start is a thing now so not a huge deal.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fucking large groups of Harley riders. You can't go to Elk Lake, Cultus Lake, etc without 50 of these old, fat fucks, and their fat old ladies showing up trying to take over the place.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,895
    Founders Club

Fucking large groups of Harley riders. You can't go to Elk Lake, Cultus Lake, etc without 50 of these old, fat fucks, and their fat old ladies showing up trying to take over the place.

Strong agree.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,518
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Thankfully that demographic is only about 10 years away from being gone. Harley Davidson will soon go the way of Oldsmobile.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Thankfully that demographic is only about 10 years away from being gone. Harley Davidson will soon go the way of Oldsmobile.
    Yeah, these guysm are not looking long for this world.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,252
    edited August 2023
    This was me and the wife yesterday, sitting on a restaurant deck on the peninsula. We played the part of the roses…
    https://youtu.be/0tNhw0Rio9s?si=8m63cyqPx7sMkWnW
    It fouled the faggy IPA I was enjoying…
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fishpo31 said:

This was me and the wife yesterday, sitting on a restaurant deck on the peninsula. We played the part of the roses…
    https://youtu.be/0tNhw0Rio9s?si=8m63cyqPx7sMkWnW
    It fouled the faggy IPA I was enjoying…

Perhaps my most favorite Cartman moment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipDmsxQVxIM