Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Things You Hate About Summer Thread

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I hate that my kids are home every day and stay up late every night.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Things I hate about summer:

• Not having a boat
    • Too short of a season in PNW
    • Listening to the PNW pussies whine when it's warmer than 80 degrees / it doesn't rain for a week. Fuck, I hate the people who live here.
    You speak for thousands.
  • Options
    Thunder storms in E. WA when minutes earlier it was 85 and sunny.
  • Options
    booker14booker14 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 145
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Insect repellent. Where I live you pretty much need it in the PM. Thank goodness I discovered Picaridin which is much better DEET. It doesn't melt plastic/nylon.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I live in the gorge. I just hate people in general during the summer. I wish you all would go away and not return. Bicyclists, bikers, millennials driving mom and dad's BMWs, red necks driving their jacked up pavement princess trucks with attitude in anger at the tourists...all of it and all of them. Just go back to whatever retard land you all came from.

I feel ya' pod. My little logging camp is over run with Kalifags all summer long.

But I guess it's a symptom of living in an area with great outdoor recreation opportunities.
    You willingly chose to live amongst Oregonians Yella. I try to avoid them by staying north of the river but they keep finding ways across.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

I live in the gorge. I just hate people in general during the summer. I wish you all would go away and not return. Bicyclists, bikers, millennials driving mom and dad's BMWs, red necks driving their jacked up pavement princess trucks with attitude in anger at the tourists...all of it and all of them. Just go back to whatever retard land you all came from.

I feel ya' pod. My little logging camp is over run with Kalifags all summer long.

But I guess it's a symptom of living in an area with great outdoor recreation opportunities.
    You willingly chose to live amongst Oregonians Yella. I try to avoid them by staying north of the river but they keep finding ways across.
    There’s no White Wakanda is Washington though. Is what it is.
  • Options
    LebamDawg said:

construction season - long lines waiting for the one open lane. Going past the construction and no one is fucking working. it is like they had the road crew in to fuck up traffic and forgot the actual work crew.

Methinks we have a thread winner here.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,895
    Founders Club
    My list of things to hate:

Sunscreen. I go through one bottle in a day because I’m so fat. I wear a lot of Patagonia UV shirts when at the beach or by the pool.

Humidity. You PNW remnants don’t know how good you got it.

Fat people (besides myself). Just because the normal people are wearing shorts and sports bras doesn’t give you permission to do the same. Body positivity is not a thing at your morbidly obese weight.

Mosquitos, chiggers, and any other bugs that bite me and make me itch.

Rain. It’s fucking summer, it’s not supposed to rain.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

Mosquitos. Fuck those assholes.

We got a lotta skeeters out here, but they don't seem to be of the swampy malaria / yella fever carrying variety. Them skeeters in the South would scare me.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

My list of things to hate:

Sunscreen. I go through one bottle in a day because I’m so fat. I wear a lot of Patagonia UV shirts when at the beach or by the pool.

Humidity. You PNW remnants don’t know how good you got it.

Fat people (besides myself). Just because the normal people are wearing shorts and sports bras doesn’t give you permission to do the same. Body positivity is not a thing at your morbidly obese weight.

Mosquitos, chiggers, and any other bugs that bite me and make me itch.

Rain. It’s fucking summer, it’s not supposed to rain.

Kentucky rain keeps pouring down
    And up ahead's another town that I'll go walking through
    With the rain in my shoes (rain in my shoes)
    Searching for you
    In the cold Kentucky rain
    In the cold Kentucky rain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwXu3EWPGdg
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Smoke in fucking July. God damn it.

Summer was gonna great and then some fire west of the Crest started a few days ago. Probably some methhead jack Ducktards forgetting to put out the campfire. Only you can prevent forest fires you stupid Ducktards.

• Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,078
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I hate the fuckers who intentionally start fires.

Also closest thing to White Wakanda, and it is still a fledgling of a WW, in WA would be Seabrook.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Smoke in fucking July. God damn it.

Summer was gonna great and then some fire west of the Crest started a few days ago. Probably some methhead jack Ducktards forgetting to put out the campfire. Only you can prevent forest fires you stupid Ducktards.

Damn Yella the map is all red or even purple in your area. Free smoky flavor on everything!

We've had it pretty easy with smoke so far. Couple of days of it from the fires in Canada a month or so ago. I've made it halfway through summer and haven't been in trouble yet for sending people out to work and the AQI shooting up while they're out.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I remember when the DNR fought fires

Great summer employment
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I hate the fuckers who intentionally start fires.

Also closest thing to White Wakanda, and it is still a fledgling of a WW, in WA would be Seabrook.

Not even close @huskyhooligan ...

White Wakandas require the following:

1) Skiing within 30 to 40 mins
    2) Epic single track with good stoke
    3) Hot milfs
    4) Lots of Califag virtual work tech bros
    5) 1 craft brewery per 3,000 residents

So Bend, Truckee, Missoula, Park City, CDA (i'm giving @PurpleThrobber and in based on Silver Mt), Bozeman
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Great summer employment

Bend is making logging great again. Trucks full of pine coming down the road past Yella's house every day.

The forests look great after being thinned out a bit and a bit of vegetation grows back in.

We should be employing millions of young men to thin the forests of the Western US and punch you in the face after drinking a six pack of Buckhorn lager.
  • Options

Great summer employment

Bend is making logging great again. Trucks full of pine coming down the road past Yella's house every day.

The forests look great after being thinned out a bit and a bit of vegetation grows back in.

We should be employing millions of young men to thin the forests of the Western US and punch you in the face after drinking a six pack of Buckhorn lager.
    Buckhorn! Holy Fuck!

Just teleported to 1975.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Great summer employment

Buckhorn! Holy Fuck!

Just teleported to 1975.
    According to my friend who transplanted here from Kentucky in the early 90s, it's spelled Buckhorn but pronounced Buckern.