Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Things You Hate About Summer Thread

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,937
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Sunscreen. Fuck I hate dealing with sunscreen.

I hate having to put that shit on the kids every fucking morning before going to summer camp.

I hate having to wipe down the Canyonero everyday god damned day to try and prevent the destruction on the black plastic and vinyl on the doors, and faux leather seats.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,859
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I hate having to put that shit on the kids every fucking morning before going to summer camp.

I hate having to wipe down the Canyonero everyday god damned day to try and prevent the destruction on the black plastic and vinyl on the doors, and faux leather seats.

There are those of the @oregonblitzkrieg mindset who allege sunscreens contain aluminum and other carcinogens - thus promoting melanomas.

Report.decide. TTTTT, I know.

• Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,866
    Standard Supporter
    Paying an extra $100 for my water bill just to satisfy society's vain expectation of having green grass.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,146
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I quit using it. I’ll get reddish once and then I’m fine the rest of the summer. A lot changed with me and my health during Covid… #TITTT
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,053
    Founders Club

There are those of the @oregonblitzkrieg mindset who allege sunscreens contain aluminum and other carcinogens - thus promoting melanomas.

I do believe this
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I quit using it. I’ll get reddish once and then I’m fine the rest of the summer. A lot changed with me and my health during Covid… #TITTT

Good luck the rest of the way!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Spandex Mafia

Agree FTG. I wear spandex and ride a road bike some times - although I'm 81% on the dirt now - but when I do hit the pavement it's wide ass shoulders where no automobile operator could possibly get annoyed. Fortunately, I live in an area where cars and bikes usually can live a happy coexistence. But in Seattle? Fuck that.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Things I hate about summer:

• Not having a boat
    • Too short of a season in PNW
    • Listening to the PNW pussies whine when it's warmer than 80 degrees / it doesn't rain for a week. Fuck, I hate the people who live here.
    I was lucky that my best fren from college owned a sail boat moored on Lake Union, and my brother-in-law had a douchey master craft with a private marina/ beach on Lake Sammamish.
  • Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,252
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

It also contains something that, when combined with rosin, produces very high spin rates when you apply it to a baseball…TITTBB…
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,252
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I never used sunscreen when young, but now use it all the tim
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

I live in the gorge. I just hate people in general during the summer. I wish you all would go away and not return. Bicyclists, bikers, millennials driving mom and dad's BMWs, red necks driving their jacked up pavement princess trucks with attitude in anger at the tourists...all of it and all of them. Just go back to whatever retard land you all came from.

I feel ya' pod. My little logging camp is over run with Kalifags all summer long.

But I guess it's a symptom of living in an area with great outdoor recreation opportunities.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I hate getting up at 3:00 to go fishing. Daylight at 8:30 is way better than 4:30 when you're old and soft.

I did have 2 fish in the box at 9 o'clock the other day and was home and working on a nice buzz before noon - so I guess it's not all bad.