Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2014
    Yeah really impressive. I don't understand dumbfuck Americans that waste a bunch of money travelling over to Africa to shoot endangered animals like rhinos. I'm sure this bitch went over there with her rich daddy and a platoon of local hunters/guides who probably shot it with a tranquilizer before she killed it. What's next, a Himalayan snow leopard? Maybe her daddy could hire a bunch of sherpas and a local yeti to track one down for her.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah really impressive. I don't understand dumbfuck Americans that waste a bunch of money travelling over to Africa to shoot endangered animals like rhinos. I'm sure this bitch went over there with her rich daddy and a platoon of local hunters/guides who probably shot it with a tranquilizer before she killed it. What's next, a Himalayan snow leopard? Maybe her daddy could hire a bunch of sherpas and a local yeti to track one down for her.

Why do you care? How does it hurt you?
  • Options
    edited July 2014

I know you probably don't give a fuck if rhinos go extinct.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I think it's pretty cool. And for all you split tails whining, they give game tags to keep the population healthy. It isn't a fucking free for all. But don't let facts get in the way of a good Greenpeace rant.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Do you know how many millions of cows are killed every year? And you're over here trippin about a fucking rhino. One fucking rhino. Fuck off.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Do you know how many millions of cows are killed every year? And you're over here trippin about a fucking rhino. One fucking rhino. Fuck off.
    This.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Cows aren't endangered dumbass. HTH. There's no purpose in killing a rhino. Are they going to eat the meat? Didn't think so.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Eat the Tigers!
    Does America have a shortage of chickens? No. Because we eat them. I realize this is counterintuitive. Expand animal populations by letting people consume them? The conventional thinking seems so much more sensible — and sensitive.

But it's simpleminded. In Africa, rhinos were disappearing because poachers killed them for their horns, considered an aphrodisiac. African governments banned the products, but this did little good. A black market, complete with official corruption, arose. The government's game wardens took bribes or slept on the job.

"It was a complete failure," says Dr. Brian Child, who spent 20 years in Africa working to save endangered species. "Wildlife was disappearing everywhere."

What finally worked, he says, was letting landowners own rhinos so they could make money off them from tourism.

Suddenly, each tribe had skin in the game, and an incentive to protect its own rhinos.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Cows aren't endangered dumbass. HTH. There's no purpose in killing a rhino. Are they going to eat the meat? Didn't think so.
    Article says she shot a white rhino. They aren't endangered. Dumbass.

https://www.worldwildlife.org/species/white-rhino

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

The horns are an aphrodisiac. So someone will be eating the meat, yes. There's its purpose.
  • Options
    "Today, poaching for their horn is the main threat. The white rhino is particularly vulnerable to poaching because it is relatively unaggressive and lives in herds."

Go into the jungle, forest or the bush alone and armed, that's sport hunting. Hunting an unaggressive animal the lives in herds with the help of guides is nothing but pussy.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

"Today, poaching for their horn is the main threat. The white rhino is particularly vulnerable to poaching because it is relatively unaggressive and lives in herds."

Go into the jungle, forest or the bush alone and armed, that's sport hunting. Hunting an unaggressive animal the lives in herds with the help of guides is nothing but pussy.

So don't do it. Why are libtards so quick to judge. Leave others to their own pursuits. It doesn't hurt you at all.
  • Options
    Founders Club

So don't do it. Why are libtards so quick to judge. Leave others to their own pursuits. It doesn't hurt you at all.
    Tolerance is everything! Well, when it suits their agenda. Otherwise, tolerance can GTFO.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Tolerance is everything! Well, when it suits their agenda. Otherwise, tolerance can GTFO.
    Lot of twisting going on
  • Options

I'm not a libtard or a libertarian-tard. I don't follow any one political or economic philosophy. Still waiting for you to educate us on why hunting a threatened species that's already prey to poaching is a good idea. But you won't. You've got your schtick. Namecall, pretend you know everything about the issue at hand, and hope it's enough to defeat your opponent.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    This thread is worthless without QuornDawg.

Also, OBK. ET. AP.