Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jen Cohen spotted at LAX

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

My elation at the news has turned to horrified as people I (previously) consider(ed) intelligent keep name-dropping Petersen to be the replacement. I'm way more pro-Petersen than most here as a coach, and I still think he's one of the worst choices to be an AD in the current age. Philosophically he's about as anti-NIL as you can get, and experientially he has never even been an AD before. Get the fuck out of here with that.

This is a major inflection point for the AD. With Cohen's departure, our connection to the Decade of Shame is now fully severed. We can dramatically upgrade (or downgrade) the AD culture with this hire. Let KDB pick the next one, or at a minimum let him heavily vet and sign-off on candidates before putting offers in front of them.

This.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

My elation at the news has turned to horrified as people I (previously) consider(ed) intelligent keep name-dropping Petersen to be the replacement. I'm way more pro-Petersen than most here as a coach, and I still think he's one of the worst choices to be an AD in the current age. Philosophically he's about as anti-NIL as you can get, and experientially he has never even been an AD before. Get the fuck out of here with that.

This is a major inflection point for the AD. With Cohen's departure, our connection to the Decade of Shame is now fully severed. We can dramatically upgrade (or downgrade) the AD culture with this hire. Let KDB pick the next one, or at a minimum let him heavily vet and sign-off on candidates before putting offers in front of them.

Have you heard anything he's said since he quit? He's not as old fashioned as you think. Sounds like you're basing this on his stuffy responses to questions as coach
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Canadawg said:

Gladstone said:

Have you heard anything he's said since he quit? He's not as old fashioned as you think. Sounds like you're basing this on his stuffy responses to questions as coach
    I got the same vibe as you are saying here. Seems that he is most put off by recruiting current players that are not in the portal which is reasonable and has accepted the other portions of NIL.

All things considered though, he originally thought kids should get NIL money for grad school or study abroad etc. I don't know if he has or could come full circle.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,616
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Gladstone said:

Yeah I'm not so sure. Maybe Petersen is more of a pragmatist and more willing to adapt than people assume. Some of the comments I heard from him after the B1G news broke made it seem possible.

Then again, hiring from within some kind of circle of cronies that already has a connection rarely works. Petersen already welched once, in a sense, by admitting he hadn't been into his job and then just quitting.

He could end up better at this than people assume, or not. They really need to do better.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,496
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited August 2023
    Canadawg said:

Gladstone said:

You must not have heard him talking about NIL sucking when he was interviewed about the move to the B1G. The guy is a dinosaur at this point.

If someone can pull up a list of former coaches turned AD's, that would be interesting to see.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,616
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Gladstone said:

You must not have heard him talking about NIL sucking when he was interviewed about the move to the B1G. The guy is a dinosaur at this point.

If someone can pull up a list of former coaches turned AD's, that would be interesting to see.
    I don't remember specifics at all, but I know something he said must've gave me the feeling that, while he hates it, he recognizes that it is the reality and everyone who wants to compete has to play along.

Even if it were true, and that's what he was saying, it doesn't make him a good hire or even an acceptable one. Get someone who is all over NIL. I want someone with no qualms about paying teen boys big money. No dinosaurs even if they do pay lip service to changing their philosophy.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2023
    DucksFC said:

new copypasta!

This is rich considering the fact that every time it's been brought up that Jen could leave, that little twat has said the exact opposite
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Canadawg said:

Gladstone said:

I don't remember specifics at all, but I know something he said must've gave me the feeling that, while he hates it, he recognizes that it is the reality and everyone who wants to compete has to play along.

Even if it were true, and that's what he was saying, it doesn't make him a good hire or even an acceptable one. Get someone who is all over NIL. I want someone with no qualms about paying teen boys big money. No dinosaurs even if they do pay lip service to changing their philosophy.
    This is our second chance at Urban
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Disagree. Wtfit?
  • Options
    Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 985
    What does Chris Petersen think of Cohen and UW's administration.

Here's an article today in the Athletic by Bruce Feldman, who works with Petersen on FOX's College Football coverage. No doubt whatsoever this is CP talking:

“USC is lucky to have her,” the source said Monday morning. “A lot of places can’t get out of their own way. If they let her do her thing, she’ll kill it there.

“She is as smooth as she could be. She just gets it. She knows how to solve issues. She reads people so well. She’s tough, has guts, and she’ll do the right thing.”

So ... If they let her do her thing, she’ll kill it there, is Pete referencing:

A. Administrative and booster meddling at USC of which he — and many others who follow college football — are well aware?

B. Upper campus restrictions and/or disinterest at We Are a Fat Lesbo School?

C. Both?

I'm guessing "C" as both USC and UW have been plagued by the kind West Coast leadership fuckery that sunk the Pac-12
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    The Barbara Hedges reverse repo trade
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Her floppies look better in purple ... but congrats to her. I'm sure she's got a significant bump up in salary.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,484
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SC quietly has some of the biggest dipshit fans and media.

Did any of these retards actually read her job performance at Washington? JFC.