Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jen Cohen spotted at LAX

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,000
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

My elation at the news has turned to horrified as people I (previously) consider(ed) intelligent keep name-dropping Petersen to be the replacement. I'm way more pro-Petersen than most here as a coach, and I still think he's one of the worst choices to be an AD in the current age. Philosophically he's about as anti-NIL as you can get, and experientially he has never even been an AD before. Get the fuck out of here with that.

This is a major inflection point for the AD. With Cohen's departure, our connection to the Decade of Shame is now fully severed. We can dramatically upgrade (or downgrade) the AD culture with this hire. Let KDB pick the next one, or at a minimum let him heavily vet and sign-off on candidates before putting offers in front of them.

Here here

or is it hear hear
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,075
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Stadium renovation happened before she was in charge. Of course she was there, but remember Jim Lambright was still alive when that happened.

So her baseball hires have been iffy.

Mens Soccer has been top ten but that hire was pre Jen, and a lot of that seems to be due to the proximity of the Sounders.

Her home run hire was in track and field. She poached some assistant coaches from Oregon, and UW track is actually competitive. Kind of amazing really considering the track complex is smaller than most high schools. Not that track is a huge draw.

Womens softball - status quo.

Womens hoops - real bad

Womens Volleyball - Lost Keegan Cook. Hopefully Leslie keeps things going.

Womens Soccer - no clue / who cares?

Not real certain about the other sports, golf, rowing, beach volleyball.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,778
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:

Hired Lake when that would have been the hire no matter who the AD was. Hired DeBoer and most of you mocked it.

It’s a loss.

* ahem *

First and right. Like usual.

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,900
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Hired Lake when that would have been the hire no matter who the AD was. Hired DeBoer and most of you mocked it.

It’s a loss.

You should lurk a little longer. @IrishDawg22 can help you out.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,484
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He's been saying from the beginning that DeBoer was an A+ hire.
  • Options
    louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Stadium renovation happened before she was in charge. Of course she was there, but remember Jim Lambright was still alive when that happened.

So her baseball hires have been iffy.

Mens Soccer has been top ten but that hire was pre Jen, and a lot of that seems to be due to the proximity of the Sounders.

Her home run hire was in track and field. She poached some assistant coaches from Oregon, and UW track is actually competitive. Kind of amazing really considering the track complex is smaller than most high schools. Not that track is a huge draw.

Womens softball - status quo.

Womens hoops - real bad

Womens Volleyball - Lost Keegan Cook. Hopefully Leslie keeps things going.

Womens Soccer - no clue / who cares?

Not real certain about the other sports, golf, rowing, beach volleyball.

I get what you're saying here but, at the end of the day, most good that comes to sports outside of football and men's basketball are sort of "moral victories" for an athletic department. Those other sports aren't moving the needle in any meaningful way.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Too hot in LA for leopard skin.

I was hoping this thread was @Baseman’s prediction coming true.

@Baseman! True?
    Yep
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    DucksFC said:

new copypasta!

Worst kept secret out there. SC hit a grand slam
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

My elation at the news has turned to horrified as people I (previously) consider(ed) intelligent keep name-dropping Petersen to be the replacement. I'm way more pro-Petersen than most here as a coach, and I still think he's one of the worst choices to be an AD in the current age. Philosophically he's about as anti-NIL as you can get, and experientially he has never even been an AD before. Get the fuck out of here with that.

This is a major inflection point for the AD. With Cohen's departure, our connection to the Decade of Shame is now fully severed. We can dramatically upgrade (or downgrade) the AD culture with this hire. Let KDB pick the next one, or at a minimum let him heavily vet and sign-off on candidates before putting offers in front of them.

Agree. Hell, KDB can kill two birds with one stone here. Promote to Cauce an AD candidate that was the former AD at Montana Tech. A real football guy, Chuck Morrell. Then KDB can go hire a real DC. Win, win.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,000
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

A reverse Barbara Hedges would be an awesome departing gift to those assholes. With respect.

“Reverse Barbara hedges” sounds like a sex position.
    It’s in the Kama Sutra, and you have to be limber to do it.

You stick your head up your ass and let upper campus and the NCAA take turns fucking you.
    STAY!

She's been posting for 3+ weeks bruh