Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What do you hate most about air travel these days?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

What do you hate most about air travel these days? 31 votes

Hot, young stewardesses are mostly a thing of the past
6%
Fire_Marshall_Billcoronabruin 2 votes
Turbulence
3%
whlinder 1 vote
Shitty food and/or snacks
0%
Delays and/or cancellations
29%
DerekJohnsonMad_SondncCougzzWilliams3Doog_de_JourLaocoönYellowSnowLesGrossman 9 votes
Uncomfortable seats
9%
BennyBeaverbiak1JaWarrenJaHooker 3 votes
Carry on luggage / overhead bin shit shows
6%
HuskyJWPurpleThrobber 2 votes
Annoying children
0%
Gross bathrooms
0%
Fat people seated next to you
9%
CFetters_Nacho_LoverYouKnowItTurdBomber 3 votes
F.O. Row Peter Puffer, you left off...
35%
RaceBannonPurpleBazehaieEwaDawghuskyhooliganLebamDawgBleachedAnusDawgdannarcJoeEDangerously1to392831weretakenFishpo31 11 votes

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TSA groin searches
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Abundance…you pretty much summed it up for me, top to bottom. We are approaching retirement, and Mama wants to travel, a lot. I love seeing new-old places, but hate the rigamarole to get there and back. My wife is the travel coordinator, and she has it down pat, but I still consider it a hassle. Add in drunk / unstable people, and my desire to fly is dramatically reduced…
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't think I can single out any one single thing that is the most annoying. It all varies. Yes, the TSA bullshit is irritating, but you go to the airport expecting it, so you can kind of mentally prepare.

More than anything, I hate the once-a-year traveler in the terminal. They always look lost and mill about. There is zero situational awareness. Then, there are the people who walk 5-6 abreast, so you can't get around them. Just a group of clueless cows, walking slowly and blocking everyone else going in either direction. You can make the terminal a mile wide and people will still get in your way.

Then, there are the gate lice. Everyone has to swarm the boarding area and be the first one on. In a way I understand, the overhead bin limit encourages this behavior... & it is nice to get to your seat, get situated, and build your nest.

Misbehaving children, fatties, etc. maybe don't bother me that much any more. One thing I truly hate is people behind you using your headrest to when they are getting up or getting back into their seats. Hey fuckface, use your goddamned armrest.

I should probably start getting back at them Kal Penn terrorist Giphy style.

I forgot to include Korean de-boarding etiquette for @DerekJohnson
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    air travel by itself - not worth it
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    Founders Club

I don't think I can single out any one single thing that is the most annoying. It all varies. Yes, the TSA bullshit is irritating, but you go to the airport expecting it, so you can kind of mentally prepare.

More than anything, I hate the once-a-year traveler in the terminal. They always look lost and mill about. There is zero situational awareness. Then, there are the people who walk 5-6 abreast, so you can't get around them. Just a group of clueless cows, walking slowly and blocking everyone else going in either direction. You can make the terminal a mile wide and people will still get in your way.

Then, there are the gate lice. Everyone has to swarm the boarding area and be the first one on. In a way I understand, the overhead bin limit encourages this behavior... & it is nice to get to your seat, get situated, and build your nest.

Misbehaving children, fatties, etc. maybe don't bother me that much any more. One thing I truly hate is people behind you using your headrest to when they are getting up or getting back into their seats. Hey fuckface, use your goddamned armrest.

I should probably start getting back at them Kal Penn terrorist Giphy style.

One of my big pet peeves is the guysm/gal who walks off the plane into the terminal and stops right the bottleneck area next to the gate to look around
    Probably the same people who do this when they step off an escalator.

KEEP MOVING!!
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    Founders Club

I don't want to single out a race (Asians) but people who rush to enter an elevator before anyone gets off need a beat down

RacistBannon has spoken.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    How did you leave off the complete bullshit security process? FUCK THE TSA.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

TSA groin searches

I've decided that the TSA guy give me an old fashionedpatting me down is more of a fag than I am for opting out of the radiation scanner.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam

How did you leave off the complete bullshit security process? FUCK THE TSA.

Perfection is the enemy of good.