Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ACC ACC ACC

12346»

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,207
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

I guess I'm just struggling with "it's come to this?"

But it has so breathe in the copium.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

dtd said:

I'm not very bright, but could someone help enlighten me as to why this is at all attractive compared to a Big-12 merger? Crisp fall days in Boston? I can't imagine this will help recruiting, it's still location location location.

Do you want your Florida game to be at UCF or at Miami or Florida State? I think the ACC is generally more desirable set of teams than the Big 12. If Texas and OU were staying I'd feel differently but hard for me to see the value of Baylor and TCU as enough to offset the mediocrity of the rest of that conference. ACC has some mediocrity too but has some real marquee adds in the two Florida schools and Clemson. Both conferences add basketball value but UNC/Duke trumps Kansas/whoever you see as #2 in the Big 12.

I know it's a lot of travel and that sucks. But there is no ideal scenario for us? at this poont.
    All UW needs is a private jet. Not that hard to get with all the big money. Hell let's do a fundraiser here
    Maybe one jet for each sport but still.......
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,261
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    EwaDawg said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

I'm not very bright, but could someone help enlighten me as to why this is at all attractive compared to a Big-12 merger? Crisp fall days in Boston? I can't imagine this will help recruiting, it's still location location location.

Do you want your Florida game to be at UCF or at Miami or Florida State? I think the ACC is generally more desirable set of teams than the Big 12. If Texas and OU were staying I'd feel differently but hard for me to see the value of Baylor and TCU as enough to offset the mediocrity of the rest of that conference. ACC has some mediocrity too but has some real marquee adds in the two Florida schools and Clemson. Both conferences add basketball value but UNC/Duke trumps Kansas/whoever you see as #2 in the Big 12.

I know it's a lot of travel and that sucks. But there is no ideal scenario for us? at this poont.
    All UW needs is a private jet. Not that hard to get with all the big money. Hell let's do a fundraiser here
    Maybe one jet for each sport but still.......
    There's more than one sport?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,464
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

Are we really going to start landing guys from Virginia and NC, etc? The conference already has a foothold in Texas, it would make sense strategically to consolidate and strengthen it.
    Oregon is more of a national recruiting school than UW. Can't deny it. I don't think it matters to UO

UW has their own footprint. Losing Los Angeles hurts more than where they end up at. If you have the cash and win games and are on TV and make the playoffs you'll recruit. Or use the portal

As far as I am concerned its UO and UW against the world. Let's get the best deal and get back to hating each other
    UO and UW should push everything to the middle of the table and go for broke to get into the B1G. Nothing else makes sense. And it would screw SC's plan to dominate west coast recruiting. One more reason to hate them.
    JFC. Like they haven't already.

The B1G would take them in a heartbeat at a reduced rate.

The problem is these white trash Iowa and Indiana schools that know they're fucked with SC, UCLA, UW, and Oregon in the conference that view them as little more than imbreds that padd Ohio State's record.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,042
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

dtd said:

UCF
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2023
    There’s three conferences @dnc is talking now. ACC, lil 12 and SEC…

Florida trumped it…All his questions. Period. UCF is headed to the BIG 12. Puh. Miami? Puh. ACC. They get to play Bama or another SEC team. Where Bama beat them bad last year. And will again..

TCU? That team that got buttfucked by GA 65-7 last year?

Clemson? That team that got beat by their rival SC and got reeked by TN without Hooker, TN starting QB in their bowl game, like 4 or 5 beat SEC team to okay the ACC Champ???

Perhaps the SECW champ LSU that beat the beegujuz out of Purdue, the BIGW form the BIG 12? “Champs”…

Ummm, OK