Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ACC ACC ACC

Comments

• Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,466
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    by the way @PostGameOrangeSlices how did your stock sink so low here?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,501
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    AOG said:

Its hard
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:
    There would need to be cross division game requirements. Without that, it's just a "championship game" between the best team from each coast. Maybe that's good enough for TV rights but I really doubt Florida State fans are going to watch Oregon State vs Arizona.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,433

Doogles said:
    There would need to be cross division game requirements. Without that, it's just a "championship game" between the best team from each coast. Maybe that's good enough for TV rights but I really doubt Florida State fans are going to watch Oregon State vs Arizona.
    There needs to be regular cross-conference games to compete with B1G and SEC, especially early in the season.

I could see the conferences having a tournament where they decide the year before to have Kickoff Classic type games in Week 1/2 and another home/away to help secure eyeballs.

I'm expecting the Pac-12 to consider stepping down to 8 conference games to have 2-3 ACC games each season.
  • Options

AOG said:

Its hard
    I got it, finally. That's a good trick.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

AOG said:

I did a cursory search on Forbes and found only a grammatically deficient article, vague on any details. Wondering if there is a clear source that some talks are happening... until I see it assuming this is going nowhere

I give you the Apostle of Grammar.
    Well, he does like Grammar's football.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,532
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ACC will soon be falling apart

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/florida-state-clemson-unhappy-with-acc-financial-hurdles-face-conference-powers-potentially-leaving/

The opening line of the article
    Florida State and Clemson have served as the bedrock programs of the ACC, but over the weekend the two league powerhouses expressed their displeasure with certain aspects of their home conference.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,015
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    LebamDawg said:

ACC will soon be falling apart

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/florida-state-clemson-unhappy-with-acc-financial-hurdles-face-conference-powers-potentially-leaving/

The opening line of the article
    Florida State and Clemson have served as the bedrock programs of the ACC, but over the weekend the two league powerhouses expressed their displeasure with certain aspects of their home conference.

ACC will move to an “eat what you kill” model to placate them. Free shoes u would need $120mm to get out of their contract.

Not sayin that couldn’t be done but it would be tricky.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Here's the bottom line. You can see the ACC below average and the PAC's paltry annual income

PAAC-16 here we? come

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2023
    AOG said:

Here's the bottom line. You can see the ACC below average and the PAC's paltry annual income

PAAC-16 here we? come

A little misleading since the P12 is still on it's original agreement.

Like a mediocre QB who is payed more then the MVP for a season because he inks a deal first. Then gets dwarfed once the superstar signs next.

I remember Larry Scott bragging because P12 was getting paid more for like 2 seasons.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,041
    Standard Supporter
    I'm not very bright, but could someone help enlighten me as to why this is at all attractive compared to a Big-12 merger? Crisp fall days in Boston? I can't imagine this will help recruiting, it's still location location location.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,170
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dtd said:

I'm not very bright, but could someone help enlighten me as to why this is at all attractive compared to a Big-12 merger? Crisp fall days in Boston? I can't imagine this will help recruiting, it's still location location location.

Do you want your Florida game to be at UCF or at Miami or Florida State? I think the ACC is generally more desirable set of teams than the Big 12. If Texas and OU were staying I'd feel differently but hard for me to see the value of Baylor and TCU as enough to offset the mediocrity of the rest of that conference. ACC has some mediocrity too but has some real marquee adds in the two Florida schools and Clemson. Both conferences add basketball value but UNC/Duke trumps Kansas/whoever you see as #2 in the Big 12.

I know it's a lot of travel and that sucks. But there is no ideal scenario for us? at this poont.
    All UW needs is a private jet. Not that hard to get with all the big money. Hell let's do a fundraiser here
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

dtd said:

Do you want your Florida game to be at UCF or at Miami or Florida State? I think the ACC is generally more desirable set of teams than the Big 12. If Texas and OU were staying I'd feel differently but hard for me to see the value of Baylor and TCU as enough to offset the mediocrity of the rest of that conference. ACC has some mediocrity too but has some real marquee adds in the two Florida schools and Clemson. Both conferences add basketball value but UNC/Duke trumps Kansas/whoever you see as #2 in the Big 12.

I know it's a lot of travel and that sucks. But there is no ideal scenario for us? at this poont.
    Are we really going to start landing guys from Virginia and NC, etc? The conference already has a foothold in Texas, it would make sense strategically to consolidate and strengthen it.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dtd said:

What dnc said, plus from an upper campus perspective the ACC is vastly more aligned with UW than the B12. The academic smack talk weirdos like haie or myself would find this amusing too.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I guess I'm just struggling with "it's come to this?"
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    dtd said:

I guess I'm just struggling with "it's come to this?"

Can’t blame you for that quite honestly
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

dtd said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

Are we really going to start landing guys from Virginia and NC, etc? The conference already has a foothold in Texas, it would make sense strategically to consolidate and strengthen it.
    Oregon is more of a national recruiting school than UW. Can't deny it. I don't think it matters to UO

UW has their own footprint. Losing Los Angeles hurts more than where they end up at. If you have the cash and win games and are on TV and make the playoffs you'll recruit. Or use the portal

As far as I am concerned its UO and UW against the world. Let's get the best deal and get back to hating each other
    UO and UW should push everything to the middle of the table and go for broke to get into the B1G. Nothing else makes sense. And it would screw SC's plan to dominate west coast recruiting. One more reason to hate them.