Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Northlake Tavern & Pizza Sells Couch

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,331 Founders Club
    chuck said:

I'll never forget the night my underage roommate panicked when Rocky at Lenny's - with zero interest in carding him - asked him what he wanted and he frighteningly blurted out "I'll have a Vodka Collins." Rocky patiently put her hand in his shoulder and said, "We only serve beer and wine here, Honey."

Great fucking rainy day bar for Jalapeño Petters (4 for a quarter - I think it was) washed down with Rainier Drys for 2 or 3 games of pool.

Those were the fucking days, gents.

I had a fake Alaska DL with my picture on it from the time I was 19. The first time I went out with it was at the phoenix underground downtown. I was weirdly nervous at the bar and asked for a whiskey sour. The bartender, annoyed as fuck, waved his hand at the wall, void of bottles but with a row of taps and proceeded to ignore me for the next 20 minutes.
    ChuckHIV-ID!
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,871 Standard Supporter

RoadTrip said:

Dicks, Kid Valley, Lox Stock and Bagel need honorable mentions

I still eat Dicks. And not just once in a while either.
    You just said a mouthful.

Freudian Slip?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,513 Founders Club
    My family ordered Northlake Pizza in the 80s. It was worse than Domino's. Never again.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,684 Founders Club

AEB said:

AEB said:

no_uh said:

But Earl's is still open, right? As long as we can still pre/post game on bottom shelf booze poured to the top of the glass with a splash of soda, we'll survive.

Moved to a different spot a few blocks south of the original location years ago. Kind of became a generic shitty sports bar that continues to over serve. Far less chicken wire and homeless people.
    Is the old French Lady still the bartender or did she sell the last couch…
    I thought she was Eastern Euro, not French.

She poured me more than a few gin and tonics back in the day.
    Fucking priceless. In the mid-90s I was speaking French to her thinking she was French, and all this tim she was fucking Eastern Euro. Awesome. She must’ve thought I was a complete douche (not wrong)

@Doog_de_Jour true?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,513 Founders Club
    I remember going into the bar my grandma used to own in Montana at five years old. Nobody gave a fuck if little kids were in bars there except for maybe Mi zoo LA and Bozeman since the rich fags took over.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

I remember going into the bar my grandma used to own in Montana at five years old. Nobody gave a fuck if little kids were in bars there except for maybe Mi zoo LA and Bozeman since the rich fags took over.

Chinsightful
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,722 Swaye's Wigwam

Two places I miss are the Last Exit on Brooklyn, on the west end of campus down toward old Mercer and Terry-Lander. I discovered coffee there. To be more precise, I discovered the mocha coffee there and thereby started on the road to becoming a fat ass with that habit. Nipped that in the bud.

A pack of us also used to eat at Orange King pretty much every day. That place could also make you into a fat fuck, what with all the rice plates. Good shit though. MSG factory, but good.

Remember Schultzy's fondly, and yes, the Lincoln Kennedy record sign stood there for years. I'd have assumed it would still be there. Who could break that record? @CFetters_Nacho_Lover or @CfettersNachoLover - either one of you two fat asses? Anything to add?

I consumed about 200 lbs of MSG at the China First restaurants BITD.

I still have heartburn from it. It may have burned a hole in me.
    I used to get their Mongolian Beef about 3-4 times a week back when I was at the U.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,970

This thread is dangerously, but epically nostalgic. Wandering through the bars was so special BITD.

The year I took off between undergrad & grad was a different bar every night.
    1. Sunday - Grateful Dead night at the Blue Moon - Girlfriend: Can we have a clean ashtray? Bartender: Dumps ashtray on floor, puts back on table.
    2. Monday - ??? -
    2. Tuesday - $3 Electric Iced Teas at Harry's - "the bird bar" - on Lower Queen Anne.
    3. Wednesday - $1 Rolling Rocks at Rory's on Eastlake - "Think Leave" the pool sharks would bark.
    4. Thursday - The Duchess - YKW - Never saw so many Cal hats in one place. Fucking Traitors.
    5. Friday - J&M, of course - Roommate bartended there, former Husky linemen would let me skip the line.
    6. Saturday - Red Onion, the Attic, or Hank's. Hot honeys in Ked's, ponytail through the hat hole. Still love that look. Also at the Duchess.

Red Door Ale House and Murphy's in Wallingford were regular stops, too.

There is NO FUCKING COMPARISON between then and now. NONE. So don't even try.

*the Frattic

FTFY

• Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,378
    I left many brain cells at Harry’s…
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam
    A Pizza Mart. Cute bartender would serve me drinks after 2am. She was a Philo/religious studies major at Seattle and we'd talk about how stupid epiphenominalism was. Csb. But I guess that's this whole thread.

So fucking cheap too.

My buddy threw up in a pint glass on the bar and didn't spill anything. "I'm not even mad I'm just impressed...but still, get him the fuck outta here."

Looks like they still close at 4am. Good chit.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,684 Founders Club

A Pizza Mart. Cute bartender would serve me drinks after 2am. She was a Philo/religious studies major at Seattle and we'd talk about how stupid epiphenominalism was. Csb. But I guess that's this whole thread.

So fucking cheap too.

My buddy threw up in a pint glass on the bar and didn't spill anything. "I'm not even mad I'm just impressed...but still, get him the fuck outta here."

Looks like they still close at 4am. Good chit.

Epiphenominalism superiority guy...
  • SwisherSweetboySwisherSweetboy Member Posts: 569 Standard Supporter
    Deluxe 2 on 25th north of the stadium. Long before Rolling Rock was a thing. Cute waitress there in the bar, got engaged almost and then split up because we were chasing other things