Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Northlake Tavern & Pizza Sells Couch

Comments

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,120
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2023

Two places I miss are the Last Exit on Brooklyn, on the west end of campus down toward old Mercer and Terry-Lander. I discovered coffee there. To be more precise, I discovered the mocha coffee there and thereby started on the road to becoming a fat ass with that habit. Nipped that in the bud.

A pack of us also used to eat at Orange King pretty much every day. That place could also make you into a fat fuck, what with all the rice plates. Good shit though. MSG factory, but good.

Remember Schultzy's fondly, and yes, the Lincoln Kennedy record sign stood there for years. I'd have assumed it would still be there. Who could break that record? @CFetters_Nacho_Lover or @CfettersNachoLover - either one of you two fat asses? Anything to add?

I'd get two double bacon cheeseburgers at orange king every other day... and not eat in-between. Orange king was really good until they changed owners in like...2007?
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Two places I miss are the Last Exit on Brooklyn, on the west end of campus down toward old Mercer and Terry-Lander. I discovered coffee there. To be more precise, I discovered the mocha coffee there and thereby started on the road to becoming a fat ass with that habit. Nipped that in the bud.

A pack of us also used to eat at Orange King pretty much every day. That place could also make you into a fat fuck, what with all the rice plates. Good shit though. MSG factory, but good.

Remember Schultzy's fondly, and yes, the Lincoln Kennedy record sign stood there for years. I'd have assumed it would still be there. Who could break that record? @CFetters_Nacho_Lover or @CfettersNachoLover - either one of you two fat asses? Anything to add?

This @CfettersNachoLover guy sounds like a real jerk and my guess is he’s just impersonating me impersonating the real Fetters.
    Thanks Nacho!

@PurpleBaze
    @AOG
    @creepycoug
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,724
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Big Time got me in to porters back when no one was drinking them (what's that pint that looks like oil - I wanted to know about that). And it had the right look to be an early brewpub. And I liked that it was just two blocks from my apt. But the layout kind of sucked in there and it never really improved. Wasn't even really a good place to watch a game.

I lived just over on 42nd and 12th for a year and was in there a couple times per week. I also discovered porter there. The shuffleboard could be fun at times too.

It definitely didn't function as any kind of sports bar. I don't even remember there being a tv. It was just a place to go pound a pitcher or two before staggering on to the next thing.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,396
    Founders Club
    Dicks, Kid Valley, Lox Stock and Bagel need honorable mentions
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    RoadTrip said:

My roommate from Boston called it "Lox, Stock & Biscuit."
  • Options
    SkipBoydSkipBoyd Member Posts: 403
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Deluxe ll and Burgermaster in U Village, Daly’s on Eastlake, and I’ll second Kid Valley, Goldie’s, Dante’s. There was also the first big video game arcade on either the Ave or Brooklyn (Mario’s?) - 25 cent hotdogs.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,120

I consumed about 200 lbs of MSG at the China First restaurants BITD.

I still have heartburn from it. It may have burned a hole in me.
    That was the other place I ate. I went back after my first five years in Wisconsin and they said they had missed me.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780

I got kicked out of Dante's in 2005 or 2006. It's the only bar I was ever bounced from. The bartender was a douche.

Bundy's Favorite Hangout. Friend of mine got in a fistfight downstairs playing pool and broke his hand on a guys skull.

How either of them even had room to throw a punch in that tight-squeeze area surprises me to this day.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,246
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

haie said:

The Rat and the Raven dies.

The College Inn died for awhile. Will go back there next year.

Shultzy's was basically dead in 2021. It's back thankfully.

BigTime could only let in 30 people at a time in 2021 instead of the proper packed in fuckfest that it was this year.

Finn's survived throughout all of it so that it could usher out players from the team. The trashiest place out of all of them.

Shultzy's is so good. Best German food in Seattle.

College Inn is what it is...a bar.

Honestly, U District bar scene has sucked ass for forever
    I don’t know that I fully agree re: Schultzy’s, but they have the best fries I’ve ever had.

I also loved The Rat and the Raven. I went there at midnight the day I turned 21, and then ended my formal 21-run there the next night.

I somehow never went to Northlake Tavern and am sad that I didn’t.

Sad times, indeed.
    Northlake was great as a broke, hungry college kid. As an adult there are far better choices for good food.
    Northlake Tavern was my dad's favorite place when he was at UW from 1957-62.
    It was a big deal back in the day. On one occasion I recall waiting in line to be seated with some friends when Chip Hanauer blasted past us. Those of us in line were pissed, we thought he had cut in front of us, a few folks even made some nasty remarks only to find out he was meeting some people who already had a table. He turned out to be very cordial, Anyway, cool place back in the day.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

haie said:

The Rat and the Raven dies.

The College Inn died for awhile. Will go back there next year.

Shultzy's was basically dead in 2021. It's back thankfully.

BigTime could only let in 30 people at a time in 2021 instead of the proper packed in fuckfest that it was this year.

Finn's survived throughout all of it so that it could usher out players from the team. The trashiest place out of all of them.

Shultzy's is so good. Best German food in Seattle.

College Inn is what it is...a bar.

Honestly, U District bar scene has sucked ass for forever
    I don’t know that I fully agree re: Schultzy’s, but they have the best fries I’ve ever had.

I also loved The Rat and the Raven. I went there at midnight the day I turned 21, and then ended my formal 21-run there the next night.

I somehow never went to Northlake Tavern and am sad that I didn’t.

Sad times, indeed.
    Northlake was great as a broke, hungry college kid. As an adult there are far better choices for good food.
    Northlake Tavern was my dad's favorite place when he was at UW from 1957-62.
    It was a big deal back in the day. On one occasion I recall waiting in line to be seated with some friends when Chip Hanauer blasted past us. Those of us in line were pissed, we thought he had cut in front of us, a few folks even made some nasty remarks only to find out he was meeting some people who already had a table. He turned out to be very cordial, Anyway, cool place back in the day.
    It really was. I remember that time. The pizza took on a legend of its own. People talked about it all the time, which was almost too much of a set-up. Pizza can only be so good. It was pretty good pizza if you're not a thin-crust person. Kind of sloppy but good. I recall it being expensive, but everything seemed expensive in those days.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,998
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Orange King sadly died many years ago. Used to have a great shitty cheeseburger with fries.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,396
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

My roommate from Boston called it "Lox, Stock & Biscuit."
    Well the biscuits at 2am were more like ham hogs but who's judging that deep in?