Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2023
    The Rat and the Raven dies.

The College Inn died for awhile. Will go back there next year.

Shultzy's was basically dead in 2021. It's back thankfully.

BigTime could only let in 30 people at a time in 2021 instead of the proper packed in fuckfest that it was this year.

Finn's survived throughout all of it so that it could usher out players from the team. The trashiest place out of all of them.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club
    edited January 2023
    Please tell me the Duchess is still around
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,082
    The College Inn is BACK.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,938 Founders Club

haie said:

BigTime could only let in 30 people at a time in 2021 instead of the proper packed in fuckfest that it was this year.

Finn's survived throughout all of it so that it could usher out players from the team. The trashiest place out of all of them.

Shultzy's is so good. Best German food in Seattle.

College Inn is what it is...a bar.

Honestly, U District bar scene has sucked ass for forever
    Prost > Shultzy’s

But yes, The Ave has sucked forever for bars. It sucked in the 90s and sucks now.
  • DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member Posts: 741
    edited January 2023

haie said:

I don’t know that I fully agree re: Schultzy’s, but they have the best fries I’ve ever had.

I also loved The Rat and the Raven. I went there at midnight the day I turned 21, and then ended my formal 21-run there the next night.

I somehow never went to Northlake Tavern and am sad that I didn’t.

Sad times, indeed.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2023

haie said:

My girlfriend at UW was a waitress there and the manager poured me free beers for 4 years.

Fast forward to Stanford game and I was fucked up but they still served me Bit Burger as we ended Shaw for good.

I prefer BigTime but both places are OG to a millennial doog.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,146

RoadTrip said:

That place will never die.
    It's smartly/bizarrely located in an area far enough from new development to not worry about it for now.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,146

haie said:

I don’t know that I fully agree re: Schultzy’s, but they have the best fries I’ve ever had.

I also loved The Rat and the Raven. I went there at midnight the day I turned 21, and then ended my formal 21-run there the next night.

I somehow never went to Northlake Tavern and am sad that I didn’t.

Sad times, indeed.
    Northlake was great as a broke, hungry college kid. As an adult there are far better choices for good food.
  • DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 793
    no_uh said:

But Earl's is still open, right? As long as we can still pre/post game on bottom shelf booze poured to the top of the glass with a splash of soda, we'll survive.

Moved to a different spot a few blocks south of the original location years ago. Kind of became a generic shitty sports bar that continues to over serve. Far less chicken wire and homeless people.
  • sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 796
    edited January 2023
    Big Time got me in to porters back when no one was drinking them (what's that pint that looks like oil - I wanted to know about that). And it had the right look to be an early brewpub. And I liked that it was just two blocks from my apt. But the layout kind of sucked in there and it never really improved. Wasn't even really a good place to watch a game.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

RoadTrip said:

That place will never die.
    You if you had any editing skills you would put porking ok that gif of yours