Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

In State Blue Chips

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,614
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Class of 2024:

Jason Brown, RB, O'DEA, 5'10" 200 lbs, 20 offers already
    Isendre Ahfua, OG, O'DEA, 6'5" 330 lbs, 20 offers already
    Hogan Hansen, TE, BELLEVUE, 6'6" 220 lbs, 16 offers already (committed to Michigan but Harbaugh is likely NFL bound)
    Brayden Platt, LB, YELM, 6'2" 240(!!) lbs, 10 offers already
    Marquawn McCraney, S, HIGHLINE, 6'1" 180 lbs, 7 offers already
    Rahshawn Clark, WR, FEDERAL WAY, 6'0" 180 lbs, 12 offers already
    Fox Crader, OT, EVERGREEN, 6'6" 275 lbs, 10 offers already (committed to Oregon)
    Kyan McDonald, S, O'DEA, 6'0" 175 lbs, 8 offers already
    EJ Caminong, QB, GARFIELD, 6'2" 195 lbs, 4 offers already (committed to Washington)
    Malachi Durant, WR, PUYALLUP, 6'2" 160 lbs, 8 offers already

Not as top heavy as '21, but 10 guys with multiple power 5 offers before their senior season is pretty good. I'd like to see DeBoer keep at least 5-6 of them home.

Get Jason Brown no excuses. He's the one I'll be mad if we don't get. If we can get an equivalent Hogan Hansen from California that's fine.
    Ahfua seems impossible. His most recent post on Twitter is this weird, sad Dan Lanning shit:

I think he also tweeted Go Green the week before the Michigan State game. How'd that go? Seems like a weirdo.

Someone needs to convince Hansen Harbaugh will leave and the track record of TEs from Washington who go to UW and the NFL is unrivaled.

Crader looks like he wants to fall in line with Devon Allen and Terrance Ferguson and be the lamest looking white guy at Oregon.

It already seems like Brown is the only big one they'll get and the rest will have to be framed as WDWA already.
    Ahfua is WDWHA, but nobody will believe me yet. Once any good college coach digs into his junior film most of those offers won’t be committable any more. I’d take Brown and McDonald and call it a day with O’Dea.
    I’ve never watched him but I believe you. There have been a bunch of guys that I knew sucked and some were actually worried about losing. Julien Simon was the worst one. If you thought Julian Simon was going to be a good P-5 football player, you should quit having an opinion on any recruit.
    Happily I was right about him. I'm bound to get a few right with as many opinions as I have.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,500
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Class of 2024:

Hogan Hansen, TE, BELLEVUE, 6'6" 220 lbs, 16 offers already (committed to Michigan but Harbaugh is likely NFL bound)
    Fox Crader, OT, EVERGREEN, 6'6" 275 lbs, 10 offers already (committed to Oregon)
    EJ Caminong, QB, GARFIELD, 6'2" 195 lbs, 4 offers already (committed to Washington)

Not as top heavy as '21, but 10 guys with multiple power 5 offers before their senior season is pretty good. I'd like to see DeBoer keep at least 5-6 of them home.

Get Jason Brown no excuses. He's the one I'll be mad if we don't get. If we can get an equivalent Hogan Hansen from California that's fine.
    Ahfua seems impossible. His most recent post on Twitter is this weird, sad Dan Lanning shit:

I think he also tweeted Go Green the week before the Michigan State game. How'd that go? Seems like a weirdo.

Someone needs to convince Hansen Harbaugh will leave and the track record of TEs from Washington who go to UW and the NFL is unrivaled.

Crader looks like he wants to fall in line with Devon Allen and Terrance Ferguson and be the lamest looking white guy at Oregon.

It already seems like Brown is the only big one they'll get and the rest will have to be framed as WDWA already.
    Ahfua is WDWHA, but nobody will believe me yet. Once any good college coach digs into his junior film most of those offers won’t be committable any more. I’d take Brown and McDonald and call it a day with O’Dea.
    I’ve never watched him but I believe you. There have been a bunch of guys that I knew sucked and some were actually worried about losing. Julien Simon was the worst one. If you thought Julian Simon was going to be a good P-5 football player, you should quit having an opinion on any recruit.
    Happily I was right about him. I'm bound to get a few right with as many opinions as I have.
    For whatever reason the state of Washington seems to have a major problem hyping up kids who peak at 14 and/or are huge at that age and then clearly have limited ceilings. Feels like Smalls and JTT to an extent. I don't think it's a coincidence that Egbuka is like the only big recruit from WA to actually be good recently and he blew up late.

I'd also rather have an OL recruit that can move the one that's huge.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

chuck said:

Class of 2024:

For whatever reason the state of Washington seems to have a major problem hyping up kids who peak at 14 and/or are huge at that age and then clearly have limited ceilings. Feels like Smalls and JTT to an extent. I don't think it's a coincidence that Egbuka is like the only big recruit from WA to actually be good recently and he blew up late.

Naw JT is legit. Go watch that UGA game.
    JTT at Penn state had the most dominant defensive performance I’d seen since mathieu or suh
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Class of 2024:

If you're hyping him because you know he's transferring to UW then cool. Otherwise he had zero tackles, sacks or TFLs in that game and I wonder if you watched it on mute if you'd notice him.
    ntxduck said:

chuck said:

Class of 2024:

JTT at Penn state had the most dominant defensive performance I’d seen since mathieu or suh
    Have you watched those plays or did you see the state line on Twitter?
  • Options
    edited January 2023

chuck said:

Class of 2024:

If you're hyping him because you know he's transferring to UW then cool. Otherwise he had zero tackles, sacks or TFLs in that game and I wonder if you watched it on mute if you'd notice him.
    ntxduck said:

chuck said:

Class of 2024:

Is there a typo in here?
  • Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I like Platt a lot but I don’t see him as an SEC kid. He’s crazy physical and strong but has no bend and twitch is to be desired. Wood be a good fit at UW - ceiling might be a slow Big 10 backer that every fan hates
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

chuck said:

Class of 2024:

ntxduck said:

chuck said:

Class of 2024:

I wish he was coming to UW. He's really fucking good.
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

chuck said:

Class of 2024:

Seriously people act like JTT is a fucking WDWHA. I would trade JTT for any incoming recruit in a second.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 703
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    JTT is a good player. He was overhyped for sure. I heard some tossing out the “Generational” tag. That’s not him. He’s an exceptional athlete but strictly from a rush end perspective he’s a top talent but not something you can’t replicate in another player. In many ways Latu is more natural to me at rushing the QB.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

JTT is a good player. He was overhyped for sure. I heard some tossing out the “Generational” tag. That’s not him. He’s an exceptional athlete but strictly from a rush end perspective he’s a top talent but not something you can’t replicate in another player. In many ways Latu is more natural to me at rushing the QB.

This is fair. I was going to say he at the very least doesn't feel like a player who was ranked by a lot as the top recruit in his class. I went back and looked at that class has some struggles. Maybe Covid fucked it up. He's certainly better than Korey Foreman and is right there with Jack Sawyer.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,327
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Of course we? want JTT. But still
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 703
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

This is fair. I was going to say he at the very least doesn't feel like a player who was ranked by a lot as the top recruit in his class. I went back and looked at that class has some struggles. Maybe Covid fucked it up. He's certainly better than Korey Foreman and is right there with Jack Sawyer.
    I never took the time to watch Korey Foreman videos but even I’m shocked at how he’s done nothing in college. I think the argument of players peaking early in HS is very valid.

I’d say my best call was Justin Flowe. I saw NOTHING in his game that suggested he had instincts and I knew he’s be one of the smaller guys on the field at the next level.

Jury is still out on Sewell. I guessed he’d be a liability in coverage and frankly his first season proved me wrong. This last season he was purportedly dinged most of the season so year three shall be the rubber match.

• Options

I never took the time to watch Korey Foreman videos but even I’m shocked at how he’s done nothing in college. I think the argument of players peaking early in HS is very valid.

I’d say my best call was Justin Flowe. I saw NOTHING in his game that suggested he had instincts and I knew he’s be one of the smaller guys on the field at the next level.

Jury is still out on Sewell. I guessed he’d be a liability in coverage and frankly his first season proved me wrong. This last season he was purportedly dinged most of the season so year three shall be the rubber match.

This was sewell’s third year. He’s gone
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2023
    The JTT criticism is out of control. He started every game for a team that made the playoff.

OSU isn't starting somebody because of recruiting hype, they have tons of hyped recruits on their bench. They're starting him because he's damn good.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,265
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    chuck said:

Class of 2024:

@chuck

Yeah, I didn't read that much into his comments. He basically said the focus is keeping Washington kids home and dominating California. He noted that the 5-star kids that USC wants will stay home. So what. How many five-star players does UW ever get from anywhere, let alone Southern California. Yet even still, there is so much talent there that UW should be able to stock its program with great players (a lot of them need a year or two in the program to develop -- that's going to be where DeBoner earns his keep).

He didn't really say anything that was surprising or worrisome, imho. It was basically a story about how he's gotten to where he is and why he's at Washington. The dude is confident. And the article noted the staff booted Glenn down to director of player development while making the Oregon guy (Henkle?) director of recruiting and a former Michigan guy as director of scouting. Bruce Harrell's daughter is director of on-campus recruiting.

So it sounds like the grown ups are in charge. (Except in the AD's chair, and until that changes, I'm not going to get my hopes up even though I'm doogin more than I have since Peterman first came on board.)