Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

In State Blue Chips

Comments

• Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

blue chip (4 or 5 star recruits) from WA since 2010

2010:
    Sione Potoa'e, DL, LAKES HS, 4star (signed with Washington)

2011:
    Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, GIG HARBOR, 4star (signed with Washington) 2nd rd pick, 43 game NFL career with $9.5 million in career earnings
    Kasen Williams, WR, SKYLINE, 4star (signed with Washington) Undrafted 10 game NFL career
    Bishop Sankey, RB, GONZAGA PREP, 4star (signed with Washington), 2nd rd pick, 29 game NFL career with $2.8 million in career earnings

2012:
    Joshua Garnett, OL, PUYALLUP, 4star (signed with Stanford) late 1st rd pick, 25 game NFL career with $8.5 million in career earnings
    Zach Banner, OT, LAKES, 4star (signed with USC) 4th rd pick, 30 game NFL career with $8.5 million in career earnings
    Jeff Lindquist, QB, MERCER ISLAND, 4star (signed with Washington), started a game against Hawai'i
    KeiVarae Russell, RB, MARINER, 4star (signed with Notre Dame) Undrafted, 23 game NFL career as CB with $2.8 million in career earnings
    Cedric Dozier, DB, LAKES, 4star (signed with Cal)

2013:
    Max Browne, QB, SKYLINE, 5star (signed with USC) current Pac-12 network color guy
    Myles Jack, LB, BELLEVUE, 4star (signed with UCLA) 2nd rd pick, 101 game NFL career with $49.5 million in career earnings

2014:
    Kaleb McGary, OT, FIFE, 4star (signed with Washington) 1st rd pick, 61 game NFL career with $10.5 million in career earnings (expected to be a top Free Agent this offseason)
    Budda Baker, S, BELLEVUE, 4star (signed with Washington) 2nd rd pick, 93 game NFL career with $66 million in career earnings
    DeVante Downs, OLB, MOUNTLAKE TERRACE, 4star (signed with Cal)

2015:
    Austin Joyner, DB, MARYSVILLE-PILCHUCK, 4star (signed with Washington)
    Henry Roberts, OT, BELLEVUE, 4star (signed with Washington)
    Trey Adams, OT, WENATCHEE, 4star (signed with Washington)
    Brett Rypien, QB, SHADLE PARK, 4star (signed with Boise State) Undrafted, 8 game NFL career with $2 million in career earnings
    Benning Potoa'e, DL, LAKES, 4star (signed with Washington)

2016:
    Jacob Eason, QB, LAKE STEVENS, 5star (signed with Georgia/transferred to Washington) 4th rd pick, 4 game NFL career with $2.5 million in career earnings
    Brandon Wellington, LB, EASTSIDE CATHOLIC, 4star (signed with Washington)
    Isaiah Gilchrist, DB, BELLEVUE, 4star (signed with Washington)

2017:
    Foster Sarell, OT, GRAHAM-KAPOWSIN, 5star (Signed with Stanford) Undrafted 5 game NFL career
    Hunter Bryant, TE, EASTSIDE CATHOLIC, 4star (signed with Washington) Undrafted, 5 game NFL career
    Henry Bainivalu, OL, SKYLINE, 4star (signed with Washington)
    Salvon Ahmed, RB, JUANITA, 4star (signed with Washington) Undrafted, 28 game NFL career with $2.5 million in career earnings
    Conor Wedington, RB, SUMNER, 4star (signed with Stanford) Undrafted

2018:
    Jacob Sirmon, QB, BOTHELL, 4star (signed with Washington)
    Kyler Gordon, CB, ARCHBISHOP MURPHY, 4star (signed with Washington) 2nd rd pick, 13 game NFL career with $4.1 million in career earnings
    Tre'Shaun Harrison, WR, GARFIELD, 4star (signed with Florida State)

2019:
    Dylan Morris, QB, GRAHAM-KAPOWSIN, 4star (signed with Washington)
    Nate Kalepo, OT, RAINIER BEACH, 4star (signed with Washington)

2020:
    Sav'ell Smalls, OLB, KENNEDY CATHOLIC, 5star (signed with Washington)
    Gee Scott Jr., WR, EASTSIDE CATHOLIC, 4star (signed with Ohio State)
    Ayden Hector, CB, EASTSIDE CATHOLIC, 4star (signed with Washington State)
    Geirean Hatchett, OL, FERNDALE, 4star (signed with Washington)
    Levi Rogers, OL, WOODINVILLE, 4star (signed with Stanford)
    Sam Adams II, RB, EASTSIDE CATHOLIC, 4star (signed with Washington)
    D.J. Rogers, TE, EASTSIDE CATHOLIC, 4star (signed with Cal)

2021:
    J.T. Tuimoloau, DE, EASTSIDE CATHOLIC, 5star (signed with Ohio State)
    Emeka Egbuka, WR, STEILACOOM, 5star (signed with Ohio State)
    Sam Huard, QB, KENNEDY CATHOLIC, 5star (signed with Washington)
    Julien Simon, LB, LINCOLN, 4star (signed with USC) in the portal
    Owen Prentice, OL, O'DEA, 4star (signed with Washington)
    Lonyatta Alexander, WR, KENNEDY CATHOLIC, 4star (signed with Arizona State/transferred to Washington) in the portal
    Jabez Tinae, WR, KENNEDY CATHOLIC, 4star (signed with Washington)
    Will Latu, LB, BETHEL, 4star (signed with Washington) currently parts unknown
    Josh McCarron, OLB, ARCHBISHOP MURPHY, 4star (signed with Virginia)

2022:
    Josh Conerly, OT, RAINIER BEACH, 5star (signed with Oregon)
    Tobias Merriweather, WR, UNION, 4star (signed with Notre Dame)
    Dave Luli, OL, PUYALLUP, 4star (signed with Oregon)
    Ryan Otton, TE, TUMWATER, 4star (signed with Washington)
    Malik Agbo, OL, TODD BEAMER, 4star (signed with Texas)

2023:
    Caleb Presley, CB, RAINIER BEACH, 4star (signed with Washington)
    Jayden Limar, RB, LAKE STEVENS, 4star (signed with Oregon)
    Jasiah Wagoner, CB, SPANAWAY LAKE, 4star (signed with Oklahoma)
    Gabarri Johnson, QB, LINCOLN, 4star (signed with Missouri)

The star chinflation is real. How did players like Simon or Latu get 4*s when Gaskin did not?
    Sometime around 2017-2018 Tracy Ford got the ear of the national 247 guys and he hasn’t looked back.
    Be careful, I think Tracy Ford might poast hear

"theirs no questions your a power 5 player!"
    Bellevue CC?
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,566
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Awfully warm around here for December. LIPO on these local guys.
  • Options
    GayThoughtsGayThoughts Member Posts: 433
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Class of 2024:

Jason Brown, RB, O'DEA, 5'10" 200 lbs, 20 offers already
    Isendre Ahfua, OG, O'DEA, 6'5" 330 lbs, 20 offers already
    Hogan Hansen, TE, BELLEVUE, 6'6" 220 lbs, 16 offers already (committed to Michigan but Harbaugh is likely NFL bound)
    Brayden Platt, LB, YELM, 6'2" 240(!!) lbs, 10 offers already
    Marquawn McCraney, S, HIGHLINE, 6'1" 180 lbs, 7 offers already
    Rahshawn Clark, WR, FEDERAL WAY, 6'0" 180 lbs, 12 offers already
    Fox Crader, OT, EVERGREEN, 6'6" 275 lbs, 10 offers already (committed to Oregon)
    Kyan McDonald, S, O'DEA, 6'0" 175 lbs, 8 offers already
    EJ Caminong, QB, GARFIELD, 6'2" 195 lbs, 4 offers already (committed to Washington)
    Malachi Durant, WR, PUYALLUP, 6'2" 160 lbs, 8 offers already

Not as top heavy as '21, but 10 guys with multiple power 5 offers before their senior season is pretty good. I'd like to see DeBoer keep at least 5-6 of them home.

Get Jason Brown no excuses. He's the one I'll be mad if we don't get. If we can get an equivalent Hogan Hansen from California that's fine.
    Ahfua seems impossible. His most recent post on Twitter is this weird, sad Dan Lanning shit:

I think he also tweeted Go Green the week before the Michigan State game. How'd that go? Seems like a weirdo.

Someone needs to convince Hansen Harbaugh will leave and the track record of TEs from Washington who go to UW and the NFL is unrivaled.

Crader looks like he wants to fall in line with Devon Allen and Terrance Ferguson and be the lamest looking white guy at Oregon.

It already seems like Brown is the only big one they'll get and the rest will have to be framed as WDWA already.
    If we? have the season all our doog day dreams are made of then no one in state should be out of reach
  • Options
    GayThoughtsGayThoughts Member Posts: 433

doogville said:

Agreed on Ahfua, almost feels like an Eastside Catholic kid. Saw this mentioned a few months back, the UW NIL collective really needs to get Jermaine Kearse or some other alum to start their own underwear Olympics program to run Tracy Ford out of town.

Seems the Courtney Morgan check cashed cause Tracy has been showing lots of love or UW ever since DeBoer showed up. Whatever works. Kind of silly Pete & Lake just refused to play a very simple game.

Like, I get the principle of it. But give me a break. You leave your principles at the door once you get paid millions of dollars to stalk teen boys.
    They played the game with Tracy. Coaches have to. He’s a goofball and the talent from the state seems worse than ever, but you gotta appease him to some level.

Tracy isn’t dictating where the kids go to the extent some of you think. He’s not anti UW, he has a business and he also likes the attention and clout that comes from it.
    Yeah but it’s much more comforting to have someone outside the program to blame for in-state recruiting shortcomings
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,490
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2023

doogville said:

Agreed on Ahfua, almost feels like an Eastside Catholic kid. Saw this mentioned a few months back, the UW NIL collective really needs to get Jermaine Kearse or some other alum to start their own underwear Olympics program to run Tracy Ford out of town.

Seems the Courtney Morgan check cashed cause Tracy has been showing lots of love or UW ever since DeBoer showed up. Whatever works. Kind of silly Pete & Lake just refused to play a very simple game.

Like, I get the principle of it. But give me a break. You leave your principles at the door once you get paid millions of dollars to stalk teen boys.
    They played the game with Tracy. Coaches have to. He’s a goofball and the talent from the state seems worse than ever, but you gotta appease him to some level.

Tracy isn’t dictating where the kids go to the extent some of you think. He’s not anti UW, he has a business and he also likes the attention and clout that comes from it.
    Yeah but it’s much more comforting to have someone outside the program to blame for in-state recruiting shortcomings
    Someone needed to pick up the slack after Joey Thomas I think was his name and was openly anti UW.

I’ve already written them all off other than Brown. Platt seems interesting but I feel like I’ve heard he wants to be a cuck with Oregon and Lanning for some reason. Might make sense as Yelm was always the weirdest and douchiest kids at basketball camps when I was in high school. They would legit have varsity kids play JV sometimes I think just to feel good about themselves.
  • Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

doogville said:

Someone needed to pick up the slack after Joey Thomas I think was his name and was openly anti UW.

I’ve already written them all off other than Brown. Platt seems interesting but I feel like I’ve heard he wants to be a cuck with Oregon and Lanning for some reason. Might make sense as Yelm was always the weirdest and douchiest kids at basketball camps when I was in high school. They would legit have varsity kids play JV sometimes I think just to feel good about themselves.
    Someone said Platt is waiting/hoping for a Georgia offer. Seems like with his size and athleticism he might be a real candidate to get offers from SEC schools. If he doesn't get the UGA offer, I'm sure Lanning will be happy to come in and call the Ducks the next best thing.
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

Class of 2024:

Hogan Hansen, TE, BELLEVUE, 6'6" 220 lbs, 16 offers already (committed to Michigan but Harbaugh is likely NFL bound)
    Fox Crader, OT, EVERGREEN, 6'6" 275 lbs, 10 offers already (committed to Oregon)
    EJ Caminong, QB, GARFIELD, 6'2" 195 lbs, 4 offers already (committed to Washington)

Not as top heavy as '21, but 10 guys with multiple power 5 offers before their senior season is pretty good. I'd like to see DeBoer keep at least 5-6 of them home.

Get Jason Brown no excuses. He's the one I'll be mad if we don't get. If we can get an equivalent Hogan Hansen from California that's fine.
    Ahfua seems impossible. His most recent post on Twitter is this weird, sad Dan Lanning shit:

I think he also tweeted Go Green the week before the Michigan State game. How'd that go? Seems like a weirdo.

Someone needs to convince Hansen Harbaugh will leave and the track record of TEs from Washington who go to UW and the NFL is unrivaled.

Crader looks like he wants to fall in line with Devon Allen and Terrance Ferguson and be the lamest looking white guy at Oregon.

It already seems like Brown is the only big one they'll get and the rest will have to be framed as WDWA already.
    Ahfua is WDWHA, but nobody will believe me yet. Once any good college coach digs into his junior film most of those offers won’t be committable any more. I’d take Brown and McDonald and call it a day with O’Dea.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2023

Class of 2024:

Ahfua is WDWHA, but nobody will believe me yet. Once any good college coach digs into his junior film most of those offers won’t be committable any more. I’d take Brown and McDonald and call it a day with O’Dea.
    Interesting. I haven't seen his film. I did notice he took a massive plunge down the rankings and wondered why. The script then here is all the blue bloods stop recruiting him and he silent commits to Oregon, magically is pushed back up to a five star and then gets hyped as the next five star Oregon stole out of Washington.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513

Class of 2024:

Interesting. I haven't seen his film. I did notice he took a massive plunge down the rankings and wondered why. The script then here is all the blue bloods stop recruiting him and he silent commits to Oregon, magically is pushed back up to a five star and then gets hyped as the next five star Oregon stole out of Washington.
    Oregon has 2 5* kids out of Washington….ever. And the above scenario applies to neither. Re-read your script.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

Class of 2024:

Oregon has 2 5* kids out of Washington….ever. And the above scenario applies to neither. Re-read your script.
    What I said read maybe read wrong. This is a new script specifically not a remake. That said, I'd be surprised if this is a true UW WDWHA situation, if for nothing else but optics.

Jonathan Stewart was a rare true five star out of the state and Conerly was always a five-star throughout the process, though feels like a guy who would have slipped had he not been in the levering for clout game.
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

Class of 2024:

I should say that I haven’t seen his tape either. I went to the Rainier Beach/O’Dea game early in the season at CenturyLink and then saw EC beat O’Dea at Memorial in the semis. He’s huge but doesn’t seem to be in great shape and didn’t standout on the field as one of the 3 best linemen on the field from either team in the EC game. I’m sure he’ll end up in a solid program, but I was shocked seeing him not get better between those two games.