Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How you like them apples

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,569
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Pete was a control freak. He played who he wanted to play, The idea that some mystery force made him choose Eason is retarded

De Boer put his money on a guy that had never played more than 6 games over Haener who he coached

Get real. The kid is a small time legend not D1 material

Who said anything about a mystery force? The way I read into it, Pete put much time and effort to recruit Eason back to UW. With all the hype that surrounded his return, and the year he sat out there was enormous anticipation and an expectation that the job was his. I remember all the angst on here about why Pete wasn't naming the starting QB as fall camp proceeded to its conclusion. Then with a week to go, Pete names Eason the starter and Haener announces his transfer. It's pretty cut and dried.

You're superficially biased because Haener physically looks like he should be doing your taxes, not leading your favorite football team.
    I don't understand why this needs to be some unsolved mystery that requires any level of theorizing. The most likely story is that Pete simply thought Eason was the better player. He obviously proved himself to be an average P5 QB, but he had arm talent like we've never seen before and it's not hard to see why coaches would've been enamored with that.

And frankly we'll never know if Haener even would've been a better option than Eason in 2019, so the victory lap shit is weird. The offense was fucktarded no matter who was behind center. That Haener then went on to succeed under QB savant Deboner and 2016 doog legend Tedford isn't really indicative of much.
    This is no victory lap. This is defending a player who gets dumped on here who in fact is a very good quarterback.

I do agree with your comment about the offense being fucktarded under Pete and Lake
  • Options
    Founders Club

Pete was a control freak. He played who he wanted to play, The idea that some mystery force made him choose Eason is retarded

De Boer put his money on a guy that had never played more than 6 games over Haener who he coached

Who said anything about a mystery force? The way I read into it, Pete put much time and effort to recruit Eason back to UW. With all the hype that surrounded his return, and the year he sat out there was enormous anticipation and an expectation that the job was his. I remember all the angst on here about why Pete wasn't naming the starting QB as fall camp proceeded to its conclusion. Then with a week to go, Pete names Eason the starter and Haener announces his transfer. It's pretty cut and dried.

You're superficially biased because Haener physically looks like he should be doing your taxes, not leading your favorite football team.
    So Eason beat hm out and he quit

Got it

That's the extent of my concern over the MWC all star
    I remember you on a couple of occasions telling the story on here of Warren Moon and how he was snubbed by the NFL and went to Canada and became a star. Your disdain was 100% focused on the NFL for snubbing him. No sarcastic references to the "CFL All-Star".

But Haener gets unfairly snubbed by UW and goes elsewhere where there's opportunity and becomes a star... and your focus is squarely on Haener for being a worthless quitter?

Got it.
    He got his chance, he threw a duck and then a pick six to Evan Weaver to lose the Cal game. hth.
    As I've said ten times, you can't define a player by one play in their freshman year without it being a biased comment. hth
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,607
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Got it

I remember you on a couple of occasions telling the story on here of Warren Moon and how he was snubbed by the NFL and went to Canada and became a star. Your disdain was 100% focused on the NFL for snubbing him. No sarcastic references to the "CFL All-Star".

But Haener gets unfairly snubbed by UW and goes elsewhere where there's opportunity and becomes a star... and your focus is squarely on Haener for being a worthless quitter?

Got it.
    He got his chance, he threw a duck and then a pick six to Evan Weaver to lose the Cal game. hth.
    As I've said ten times, you can't define a player by one play in their freshman year without it being a biased comment. hth
    Bishop Sankey fumbled the kickoff against LSU and later had the greatest statistical rushing season in Husky history but the whole tim he was breaking records I seethed inside for his part in that 40-3 loss to the Tigers two years before. Just couldn't enjoy it.

That said, @GreenRiverGatorz is completely correct. I said earlier Pete may have been influenced to go with Eason. Retarded take, I admit. Eason had what Pete loved, banked reps and more game experience. He's also correct in saying no one was succeeding in that offense with those weapons. Lastly Heaner would have ended his time at UW with the stink of Donovan all over him. The polished product we see now is not the same jalopy that would have emerged from the 2019-2021 program.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,302
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Got it

Got it.
    He wasn't unfairly snubbed. Eason is better. DeBoer would pick Eason too same as he picked Penix over Haener. Eason got the same shitty QB coaching that everyone got here before DeBoer

Haener lost the job and quit.

And Haener is no Warren Moon
    Imagine Jimmy, imagine anyone firing Ryan Grubb and replacing him with Jon Don.

Scott Huff sucked until he didn't.
    Fuller, Baciella, Jones, Spiker, and Osborne.
    Odunze, McMillan, Polk, Davis, and G. Jack.
    4-8 and 10-2.

Jack Haener under Pete's Bush/Lubby then Jon Don? GTFO.
    Now do Eason

That's what I thought
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited December 2022

Got it

Got it.
    Bishop Sankey fumbled the kickoff against LSU and later had the greatest statistical rushing season in Husky history but the whole tim he was breaking records I seethed inside for his part in that 40-3 loss to the Tigers two years before. Just couldn't enjoy it.

That said, @GreenRiverGatorz is completely correct. I said earlier Pete may have been influenced to go with Eason. Retarded take, I admit. Eason had what Pete loved, banked reps and more game experience. He's also correct in saying no one was succeeding in that offense with those weapons. Lastly Heaner would have ended his time at UW with the stink of Donovan all over him. The polished product we see now is not the same jalopy that would have emerged from the 2019-2021 program.
    Pete waited almost to the last minute to name Eason the starter. He knew Haener had earned it, I believe.

But we will agree to disagree.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2022

Got it

Got it.

Pete waited almost to the last minute to name Eason the starter. He knew Haener had earned it, I believe.

I know the gulag beckons, but consider this: Hanes physically matched previous Petersen favored starters much, much more closely than Easons. Browning, Kellen Moore, Zabransky, forgetting another Boysee one. Despite prevailing morphological archetypes in favor of Haener, Petersen choose Eason.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,607
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Got it

Got it.

I know the gulag beckons, but consider this: Hanes physically matched previous Petersen favored starters much, much more closely than Easons. Browning, Kellen Moore, Zabransky, forgetting another Boysee one. Despite prevailing morphological archetypes in favor of Haener, Petersen choose Eason.
    Taylor Tharp. Lost to Ty in Husky Stadium. I WAS THERE!!!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Team Haener was convinced that DeBoer would bring him with him. DeBoer chose a gimpy lad from Indiana and the rest is history

Two Husky head coaches passed on Haener. But sure its's a wide reaching vast conspiracy where control freak Pete was forced by unseen and indescribable forces to start Eason

Every QB gets excuses for shitty Petersen coaching except Eason who did well before the shitty offense froze up as usual
  • Options
    Founders Club

Team Haener was convinced that DeBoer would bring him with him. DeBoer chose a gimpy lad from Indiana and the rest is history

Two Husky head coaches passed on Haener. But sure its's a wide reaching vast conspiracy where control freak Pete was forced by unseen and indescribable forces to start Eason

Every QB gets excuses for shitty Petersen coaching except Eason who did well before the shitty offense froze up as usual

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Of course you don't have a counter argument because you don't even have an argument
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2019: Started all 13 games at quarterback ... finished the season with 3,132 passing yards, the fourth-highest total in UW single-season history ... 23 touchdown passes were sixth-most every by a Husky

... 27-for-36 for 349 yards, no interceptions and four touchdowns vs. Eastern Washington in the season opener ... four TDs tied for seventh-most in UW single-game history, while his 349 yards were most ever a Husky quarterback in his first start ... named the UW coaches' offensive player of the week for the EWU game ... 18-for-30 for 162 yards and one interception vs. California ... completed 18-of-25 for 262 yards and three touchdowns, with no interceptions, in the Huskies' win over Hawai'i ... 24-for-28 for 290 yards, three touchdowns and an interception in the win at BYU, where he completed 13 straight in one stretch ... 16-for-26 for 180 yards, no touchdowns and no interceptions in the Husky victory over then-No. 21 USC ... 16-for-36 for 206 yards, one touchdown and one interception at Stanford ... 15-for-22 for 243 yards, no interceptions and two touchdowns in the UW win at Arizona ... went 23-for-30 for 289 yards, no interceptions and three touchdowns vs. Oregon ... 29-for-52 for 316 yards, two interceptions and four touchdowns vs. Utah ... 16-for-32 for 175 yards and two interceptions in the win at Oregon State ... 21-for-34 for 206 yards, one interception and one touchdown at Colorado ... in the Apple Cup win over WSU, completed 15-of-22 for 244 yards, no interceptions and a touchdown, while rushing for another score ... 22-for-32 for 210 yards, no interceptions and one touchdown in Washington's Las Vegas Bowl win over Boise State.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Of course you don't have a counter argument because you don't even have an argument

What are you talking about?

You've referred to him as a quitter, a loser and now a gimp. A QB who has had two outstanding seasons and has won nine consecutive starts.
    I can't take your comments seriously on this topic. You've got a case of HDS.

I've made my arguments repeatedly and your response in the past couple days is to call him a quitter and a gimp. Then you play the "you don't have an argument" line. Calling Haener a gimp, quitter and loser is beyond the pale. But that's fine. You've got your opinion and I've got mine. I'm good with that.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Actually I made the logical argument as to why he wasn't named the starter. Twice he was picked over by the Husky coach

He did quit. Didn't call him a gimp. You're clearly overwrought and emotional about the subject. Maybe take a walk for some needed perspective

You "feel" like Petersen didn't choose him for some mysterious reason. That's not an argument

And Eason wasn't why the 2019 team was underwhelming
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,425
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This thread delivers.

But come on, anyone who thinks Haener was a better quarterback option than Eason at the time is playing a game of revisionist history.

And Eason was really really good that year. The coaching sucked.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,778
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2022
    TheHB said:

This thread delivers.

But come on, anyone who thinks Haener was a better quarterback option than Eason at the time is playing a game of revisionist history.

It's somewhat hard to tell because not only did his coaching/scheme suck, but his receivers sucked (only one with size basically opted out that year), and he was forcing it to a tweener tight end.

He single handedly lost the Utah game. Could argue the Stanford game too.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    TheHB said:

This thread delivers.