Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How you like them apples

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,232
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Pete was a control freak. He played who he wanted to play, The idea that some mystery force made him choose Eason is retarded

De Boer put his money on a guy that had never played more than 6 games over Haener who he coached

Get real. The kid is a small time legend not D1 material

Who said anything about a mystery force? The way I read into it, Pete put much time and effort to recruit Eason back to UW. With all the hype that surrounded his return, and the year he sat out there was enormous anticipation and an expectation that the job was his. I remember all the angst on here about why Pete wasn't naming the starting QB as fall camp proceeded to its conclusion. Then with a week to go, Pete names Eason the starter and Haener announces his transfer. It's pretty cut and dried.

You're superficially biased because Haener physically looks like he should be doing your taxes, not leading your favorite football team.
    Honestly, Browning looked like he should do your taxes. Heaner looks like he's actually put in some time at the gym in his five or six years of college.
    The attacks on Haener from posters has been almost exclusively from his height and physique compared to the likes of Eason, Sirmon and Yankoff.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Did anyone have dueling views of Jake Haener as the casus belli that tears HCH asunder? I did not.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Pete was a control freak. He played who he wanted to play, The idea that some mystery force made him choose Eason is retarded

De Boer put his money on a guy that had never played more than 6 games over Haener who he coached

Who said anything about a mystery force? The way I read into it, Pete put much time and effort to recruit Eason back to UW. With all the hype that surrounded his return, and the year he sat out there was enormous anticipation and an expectation that the job was his. I remember all the angst on here about why Pete wasn't naming the starting QB as fall camp proceeded to its conclusion. Then with a week to go, Pete names Eason the starter and Haener announces his transfer. It's pretty cut and dried.

You're superficially biased because Haener physically looks like he should be doing your taxes, not leading your favorite football team.
    So Eason beat hm out and he quit

Got it

That's the extent of my concern over the MWC all star
    I remember you on a couple of occasions telling the story on here of Warren Moon and how he was snubbed by the NFL and went to Canada and became a star. Your disdain was 100% focused on the NFL for snubbing him. No sarcastic references to the "CFL All-Star".

But Haener gets unfairly snubbed by UW and goes elsewhere where there's opportunity and becomes a star... and your focus is squarely on Haener for being a worthless quitter?

Got it.
    He wasn't unfairly snubbed. Eason is better. DeBoer would pick Eason too same as he picked Penix over Haener. Eason got the same shitty QB coaching that everyone got here before DeBoer

Haener lost the job and quit.

And Haener is no Warren Moon

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,716
    Swaye's Wigwam

Did anyone have dueling views of Jake Haener as the casus belli that tears HCH asunder? I did not.

I have IU
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I have IU

• Options
    Founders Club

Every once in a blue moon Race and I disagree strongly on something and people from @creepycoug to GrumbleStiltskin and others become uncomfortable and think the site is about to implode into ruin. I don't get it. Not a big deal.

But Race is completely wrong about Haener.
  • Options
    Founders Club

IU is a motherless whore

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    My face hurts from laughing. @RaceBannon has done it again!!1¡
  • Options
    Founders Club

I actually just texted that exchange to a good friend of mine who will appreciate that comeback
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter

Honestly, Browning looked like he should do your taxes. Heaner looks like he's actually put in some time at the gym in his five or six years of college.
    If we’re going to bash CPAs, then I’m out!!!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Every once in a blue moon Race and I disagree strongly on something and people from @creepycoug to GrumbleStiltskin and others become uncomfortable and think the site is about to implode into ruin. I don't get it. Not a big deal.

But Race is completely wrong about Haener.
    My "Clash of the Titans" reactions to this little tilts between you two fine gentlemen amounts to sarcastic drama. As ever.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Ok, I lol'd. And at the office no less.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

He's a midget try hard.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

So Eason beat hm out and he quit

Got it

That's the extent of my concern over the MWC all star
    I remember you on a couple of occasions telling the story on here of Warren Moon and how he was snubbed by the NFL and went to Canada and became a star. Your disdain was 100% focused on the NFL for snubbing him. No sarcastic references to the "CFL All-Star".

But Haener gets unfairly snubbed by UW and goes elsewhere where there's opportunity and becomes a star... and your focus is squarely on Haener for being a worthless quitter?

Got it.
    He got his chance, he threw a duck and then a pick six to Evan Weaver to lose the Cal game. hth.