Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

3 years ago today

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I get being separated by distance and the convenience of watching from home, but you’ve got “the greatest setting,” cheap, plentiful tickets, convenient transit, and abundant tailgating opportunities. Seems like a no-brainer for at least one or two visits to Huskie Arena per year for those in the Puget Sound area.

@DerekJohnson
    @trublue
    @RaceBannon
    @Doog_de_Jour
    @PurpleBaze
    @bazelcunt

There's no transit for me. It's 10+ hours of driving, parking and fighting traffic plus six+ hours eating, drinking, and watching the game. It's a whole weekend. I admit that it isn't too much once or twice per year though. Not doing that is just me being a pussy.

chuck said:

chuck said:

dannarc said:

There is nothing wrong with DVR'ing and sitting on the coach with a cold beer, however, there is nothing like going to game live. The crisp fall air, the buzz of the crowd as the huddle breaks on 3rd down, screaming at a Quook fan 3 rows down, standing in line for 4hrs, come on @chuck

I'm old, tired, and broken. No question.
    Enough said on that?
    I have 10 years of youth and 30 years of adult, UW fandom under my belt and will do everything possible to watch the game on TV.
    Old Chuck, new old man attitude. Every HCH poaster has spoken out about the difference between last year's chuck and the one we'll see watching the Rose Bowl from his couch.
    The Rose Bowl isn't out of the picture. Something is in the works with some old friends and I might give in and join. Haven't been to one and this could be the last shot for this old man.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,305
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I go to maybe one game every two or three years — usually when a buddy’s wife doesn’t wanna go.

But I won’t go to night games. Too old for that shit.

Went to every home game with a few exceptions from 1980-2007.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,180
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'll probably go to the Rose Bowl if we make it this year. Might be my last chance while living in SoCal and to be able to take multiple generations.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

After 28 years of being a season ticket holder at UW, I just can’t anymore. The joy is gone for me. We can raise money to bring in talent and develop them and they can walk away for a better offer. I really hope changes are made. I just can’t support this anymore. Go Dawgs.

Exactly me. 33 years. This is year 1 without tickets. I went to 3 home and 1 away. Up though 2019 I went to 9+ games a year.

The things you mention, plus game times, plus shitty atmosphere (need jump around at the end of the 3rd), plus woke bullshit... I need to walk a way for a bit and get some perspective.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    iDawg said:

1973 - 2007
    RIP

I tried to break the streak with the Arizona game. Amazing how friends head for the hills when free shitty tickets are offered.

Love you anyway

I rolled my 2020 season tickets into 2021. I didn't make it up to a single and gave up after trying to give away free tickets to numerous frens. Losing to Montana will make a shitty ticket even shittier I suppose.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

iDawg said:

1973 - 2007
    RIP

I tried to break the streak with the Arizona game. Amazing how friends head for the hills when free shitty tickets are offered.

Love you anyway

I rolled my 2020 season tickets into 2021. I didn't make it up to a single and gave up after trying to give away free tickets to numerous frens. Losing to Montana will make a shitty ticket even shittier I suppose.
    Same
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

Lotta grumpy old fucks ITT

I've never been happier and grumpier than I am at this stage of life. Maybe I need to get some of them fancy designer bi polar drugs. Or buy a Corvette.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

After 28 years of being a season ticket holder at UW, I just can’t anymore. The joy is gone for me. We can raise money to bring in talent and develop them and they can walk away for a better offer. I really hope changes are made. I just can’t support this anymore. Go Dawgs.

Wait a minute. This was woosh. God damn you!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Alexis said:

First game I went to was with my dad in 79. Went to every home game but one since. Graduated in 90. Hit at least the Arizona trip every year since 93 and usually maybe Northern Cal or Oregon trip. Averaged 8 games a year at least.

Took over my dads tickets during the Ty era when he was done with UW football. Added a few seats during the Ty era purge of ticket holders, (better seats for me). A fairly easy trip on the charter bus we’ve had since the beginning from Auburn. 45 minutes or so.

The Covid year games were the first and only home games I’ve ever seen on TV live

I pretty much win a prize as the biggest dipshit on the bored who hates money I try and talk myself into walking away, when in reality, if I didn’t go, it would open up more time for golf or working on the old cars. And either one would probably cost more in the long run.

FML.

PS. If anyone wants to ride a charter bus, we got room. About 30 bucks a seat. Includes ride to and from and parking. Bring your own booze. Mixer and cups provided. In case anyone wants back on the Boner Wagon but doesn’t want to drive.

Better seats for you!
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,246
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    chuck said:

dannarc said:

There is nothing wrong with DVR'ing and sitting on the coach with a cold beer, however, there is nothing like going to game live. The crisp fall air, the buzz of the crowd as the huddle breaks on 3rd down, screaming at a Quook fan 3 rows down, standing in line for 4hrs, come on @chuck

I'm old, tired, and broken. No question.
    #metoo
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is a funny thread after all the posts about UWs attendance. TVs got too big I guess
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,305
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

This is a funny thread after all the posts about UWs attendance. TVs got too big I guess

After 27 years, it was time for someone else to carry the flag for a program that clearly didn’t give a shit anymore. And what’s funny is what fans today think are good crowds.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

The fans are an after thought. Yet the top programs still pack the house..
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

Canadawg said:

After 27 years, it was time for someone else to carry the flag for a program that clearly didn’t give a shit anymore. And what’s funny is what fans today think are good crowds.
    The DoogBros are STOKED and think the crowds are great.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

I see many big programs with similar issues these days
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,170
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022
    Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

I saw empty seats in the upper decks at the Iron Bowl this year.

Saw some at Michigan too couple weeks ago in shitty weather.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

I saw empty seats in the upper decks at the Iron Bowl this year.

Saw some at Michigan too couple weeks ago in shitty weather.
    10-2 UW team can’t even crack 63,000 average attendance