Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

3 years ago today

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,486
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I'm sure Yella thinks this is a personal shot since his disdain for shredding often has me talking smack about his favorite bands, but sharing this as an anniversary post is almost as bad as posting up an announcement that you're leaving the board because it's bad for your brand.

Seems like more than a few people haven't been to a live game in a while, which is the point of the post.

I hear ya, but let's not discourage folks after Year 1 of DeBoner. Damone can't fill that stadium by himself!
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

After 28 years of being a season ticket holder at UW, I just can’t anymore. The joy is gone for me. We can raise money to bring in talent and develop them and they can walk away for a better offer. I really hope changes are made. I just can’t support this anymore. Go Dawgs.

To @PostGameOrangeSlices point, I'm becoming more open to the idea that sound coaching and judicious use of the portal, can overcome not having top flight NIL and field Top 10- 20 type football. Not saying it's enough to win a Natty, so don't twist. But Oregon, A&M, are showing the way to suck at NIL ball.

I don't think the joy will ever be what it once was, but perhaps it's not going to be quite the cataclysmic end for UW that so many feared, provide DeBoer's daughter is still playing softball for us.
    Did you mean that in a poetic manner?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Was the last time I set foot in Husky Stadium. Took Lil' Piss 1.0 to see the 2019 Apple Cup.

Still got a ways to go to catch @RaceBannon 's record. What's it at - like 15 years?

🏆
    Brilliant achievement can't wait for the book. Enjoy that 2D trophy. Any words of inspiration for us aspiring to not go somewhere for a while and make a post about it?
    Must be some cultural differences going on here.

• Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Lotta grumpy old fucks ITT
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,249
    My last trip was 17 AC. We thought it would be cool when we moved across the pond, but the travel time to and from was damn near 5 hours (ferry /train). With all the stops in play for commercials, 3.5 hrs for the game. Leave at the end of Q3 (can’t miss the ferry!) and still get home at 1:30 AM…this year, I fell asleep at halftime…I was already in bed, but still…

OLD GUYS ROCK!
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

The 2019 Apple Cup was my last game too. I was obscenely intoxicated. Don't really even remember the game. Fell into a bush on the way to the game and broke my favorite sunglasses. Might have puked at my seat. One of my worst ever same day hangovers. We went and saw our buddy in the hospital on our way home, and I drew obscene things on the instruction white bored in his room. I'm not sure I can top that, so I probably shouldn't ever go back.

#hero
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,265
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    There is nothing wrong with DVR'ing and sitting on the coach with a cold beer, however, there is nothing like going to game live. The crisp fall air, the buzz of the crowd as the huddle breaks on 3rd down, screaming at a Quook fan 3 rows down, standing in line for 4hrs, come on @chuck

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,979
    Founders Club

1973 - 2007
    RIP

1976-2016, 2019 (Cal game)
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

dannarc said:

There is nothing wrong with DVR'ing and sitting on the coach with a cold beer, however, there is nothing like going to game live. The crisp fall air, the buzz of the crowd as the huddle breaks on 3rd down, screaming at a Quook fan 3 rows down, standing in line for 4hrs, come on @chuck

I'm old, tired, and broken. No question.
    Enough said on that?
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,265
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2022
    Rather easily?
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I get being separated by distance and the convenience of watching from home, but you’ve got “the greatest setting,” cheap, plentiful tickets, convenient transit, and abundant tailgating opportunities. Seems like a no-brainer for at least one or two visits to Huskie Arena per year for those in the Puget Sound area.

@DerekJohnson
    @trublue
    @RaceBannon
    @Doog_de_Jour
    @PurpleBaze
    @bazelcunt
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    Standard Supporter

1973 - 2007
    RIP

1976-2016, 2019 (Cal game)

1981-2006 Suddenly Senior
    Got to see us "honor" Stan Empterman though so I've got that going for me.