Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coach Prime to the Colorado Buffaloes?!

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited September 2023
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

TCU and Colorado are simply two mediocre teams with inept defenses.

TCU frittered away about 20 points through its offense's incompetence when presented opportunities.

If I had to bet, after this weekend's meeting of mediocre teams in Boulder, the Buffs will be 1-1.

As good as the rest of your analysis and takes.
    I obviously overrated Nebraska when I called them mediocre. And CU gets to play another inept offense this week. Hit the hype machine, Gloria.

I heard CO would win 3 games this year MAX. 5 was out of reach. Care to take that line or did you want to back peddle further?

I doubt I ever said that.

And 3 - 0 after CSU is more than likely. 'Cuz CSU. And they get to play both Arizona schools this year.

Less than 5 -7 seems like an abject failure.

I feel like the goal posts are being moved for Coach Prime. We are talking about a team that was Cal-too-high away from Owen last season, and not a single loss was even close, or close to being close. I've been told it's impossible to compete in P5 first year after a thorough roster ass cleaning. Now we're saying anything less than 5-7 is an abject failure? Well, it would represent a 4 to 6 win improvement over last year, despite said roster turnover.

I don't get it. The guy has turned out to be a semi-serious coach with ambition to get his team to be better. Nobody doubts that when they run into SC, UW and UO that they're going to get their asses kicked at least two out of those three, and lose the other one. But you have to give him a fair standard to beat and not move it around every week he wins.
    Surprising they beat TCU. Fortunate to win, but a win is a win. Good for them. But TCU is no better than mediocre.

Nebraska is terrible--can't execute a snap or a handoff without giving the ball to the opposition. At this rate, they might win 3 this year, assuming they beat their 2 remaining non-Power 5 foes.

Colorado State looked pretty awful.

Personally, I never claimed it's impossible to bring in a whole new team and win. It happens in the NFL from time to time. In an era of unlimited free agency, it'll happen in college too.

So he'd be a genius at 5-7?

Not a genius, but certainly more than the accusation (which I see from others, so I'm not pointing at you) of 100% hype. He has turned out to be a much better coach than I think anyone thought he'd be when he first started getting serious about it. He can recruit, and he's attracted a good staff. He seems to let them coach and is clearly the leader and energy of this programs. I'd say of him, so far, so good. If he goes 7 wins, I'm sorry, that is a YUGE improvement from what they just were. YUGE! Effectively Owen to 7 wins, with the teams they have to play, would be massive. And he's putting ass in the seats and has generated a ton of new interest in the program. Genius? I rarely use the term when discussing football. Promising? Oh, hell yes.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sark went from 0-12 to 5-7

ROTFL 😂
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

TCU frittered away about 20 points through its offense's incompetence when presented opportunities.

If I had to bet, after this weekend's meeting of mediocre teams in Boulder, the Buffs will be 1-1.

I obviously overrated Nebraska when I called them mediocre. And CU gets to play another inept offense this week. Hit the hype machine, Gloria.

I heard CO would win 3 games this year MAX. 5 was out of reach. Care to take that line or did you want to back peddle further?

And 3 - 0 after CSU is more than likely. 'Cuz CSU. And they get to play both Arizona schools this year.

I feel like the goal posts are being moved for Coach Prime. We are talking about a team that was Cal-too-high away from Owen last season, and not a single loss was even close, or close to being close. I've been told it's impossible to compete in P5 first year after a thorough roster ass cleaning. Now we're saying anything less than 5-7 is an abject failure? Well, it would represent a 4 to 6 win improvement over last year, despite said roster turnover.

I don't get it. The guy has turned out to be a semi-serious coach with ambition to get his team to be better. Nobody doubts that when they run into SC, UW and UO that they're going to get their asses kicked at least two out of those three, and lose the other one. But you have to give him a fair standard to beat and not move it around every week he wins.
    Surprising they beat TCU. Fortunate to win, but a win is a win. Good for them. But TCU is no better than mediocre.

Nebraska is terrible--can't execute a snap or a handoff without giving the ball to the opposition. At this rate, they might win 3 this year, assuming they beat their 2 remaining non-Power 5 foes.

Personally, I never claimed it's impossible to bring in a whole new team and win. It happens in the NFL from time to time. In an era of unlimited free agency, it'll happen in college too.

Not a genius, but certainly more than the accusation (which I see from others, so I'm not pointing at you) of 100% hype. He has turned out to be a much better coach than I think anyone thought he'd be when he first started getting serious about it. He can recruit, and he's attracted a good staff. He seems to let them coach and is clearly the leader and energy of this programs. I'd say of him, so far, so good. If he goes 7 wins, I'm sorry, that is a YUGE improvement from what they just were. YUGE! Effectively Owen to 7 wins, with the teams they have to play, would be massive. And he's putting ass in the seats and has generated a ton of new interest in the program. Genius? I rarely use the term when discussing football. Promising? Oh, hell yes.
    I see we've moved the window significantly but Prime is still just all flash and hype.

7-5 good enough to get poached by USC...
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,897
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Best playcaller in America and we don't know the damage Lambo did.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I was wronger than most about prime so I get what @creepycoug is saying. The season is already a massive success for CU, even with some big potential losses on the horizon. They’re fun to watch and super competent offensively. They’ve already exceeded the median expectation

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,941
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Sark went 5-7 with a 7-5 talented team.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Best playcaller in America and we don't know the damage Lambo did.
    Actually, I think we? finally do.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,518
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Mostly agree except he didn't keep the roster from last season.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Not a genius but his OC is a good coach and he gets his guys ready to go. Beating TCU was a win I didn’t think he’d get. Nebraska was always a toss up and CSU is bad. He will be 3-0 after next week but the P12 is tough this year. His team is thin on players. If they stay healthy 6-6 seems on the table. That would be pretty amazing. That defense is bad and thin. I imagine they’ll get worse, not better as the year goes on. The offensive line isn’t great and I’d think his son will take a pounding. 3-9 was my original thought but I’ll think anywhere from 4-8 - 7-5 is on the table depending on injuries.
    They will win at least 7. My guess is 8 or 9.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Not a genius but his OC is a good coach and he gets his guys ready to go. Beating TCU was a win I didn’t think he’d get. Nebraska was always a toss up and CSU is bad. He will be 3-0 after next week but the P12 is tough this year. His team is thin on players. If they stay healthy 6-6 seems on the table. That would be pretty amazing. That defense is bad and thin. I imagine they’ll get worse, not better as the year goes on. The offensive line isn’t great and I’d think his son will take a pounding. 3-9 was my original thought but I’ll think anywhere from 4-8 - 7-5 is on the table depending on injuries.
    They will win at least 7. My guess is 8 or 9.
    They have 22 good to great CFB players. Do they have 50? Depth and defense are my concerns for 7-9 wins. UW gave up 40 twice last year with a decimated secondary. Colorado was fully healthy when TCU torched them for 42. EWIWBI
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

prime is fucking winner no matter what he does a coach... not surprising that he good at coaching
  • Options

he beat bama, we beat that texas team pretty easily last year
  • Options
    BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Most expensive ticket of the week once again is CU, this time for little bro CSU. Gameday, Big Noon Kickoff, First Take, McAfee all doing shows in Boulder this weekend. 60 Minutes also in Boulder for their lead story. Wild shit.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,065
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

And yet other than those on the HcH lunatic Fringe like myself, nobody ever downplayed Sark's "accomplishment" of 5-7. It was played up by everyone as a magnificent coaching job.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,382
    Swaye's Wigwam

Most expensive ticket of the week once again is CU, this time for little bro CSU. Gameday, Big Noon Kickoff, First Take, McAfee all doing shows in Boulder this weekend. 60 Minutes also in Boulder for their lead story. Wild shit.

Ts and Ps
  • Options
    BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Ts and Ps

Fairly certain it’ll be mostly a fluff piece, not a hatchet job.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,382
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ts and Ps

Agree but you never know
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,065
    Founders Club

Ts and Ps

Agree but you never know
    No, in this case we know
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,897
    Founders Club

Ts and Ps

Agree but you never know
    Prime tugging on the phone with Brenda Tracy?
  • Options

Ts and Ps

Agree but you never know
    Highly doubt it. Liberal media will prop him up, deservingly so. dude made fucking Colorado relevant - I thought walking on water was easier