Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coach Prime to the Colorado Buffaloes?!

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited September 2023

ntxduck said:

Lol ok pal:

"There has been no crazier time in recent memory for college football than the age of the transfer portal. People love it, coaches hate it, and media is torn on it. What everyone knows for sure is it allows teams to rebuild faster and success to be sustained. And any team looking to add Jimmy Horn Jr. will be adding the best wide receiver in the transfer portal."

https://nittanylionswire.usatoday.com/lists/transfer-portal-stars-jimmy-horn-jr-wide-receiver/

"I'm fully expecting Shedeur Sanders to light the FBS up next year. Likely, Colorado will not be competing nationally, yet, but Sanders is a bonafide star and should put up massive numbers in his first season in the Pac-12. The only reason he's this far down the list is because we truly don't know what the roster or coaching staff will look like under Coach Deion Sanders. But, we know Sanders is committed to winning, and his son, Shedeur Sanders is going to be a huge part of what he tries to establish in Boulder. Shedeur Sanders is going to bring his electric dual-threat capability to the Pac-12 this season."

https://www.oddschecker.com/us/insight/football/ncaaf/20221213-2023-heisman-watch-an-early-ranking-of-the-top-10-candidates-for-the-2023-heisman-trophy

Heisman hype might be a little much and it's not a 100% lock that he is a superstar at the P5 level, but to say he's garbage is just biased nonsense. He was a 4 star recruit and has done nothing to diminish rating (e.g. DJ U) that in college so far. "Garbage QB" he is not.

Shedeur would have been an unheralded 3* if his dad wasn’t Deion. He was only able to start in high school because he played for his dad (as OC) in the shitty Dallas Christian football league (TAPPS) against a bunch of 5’7 white dudes. He got laughed out of the big Dallas programs when they asked if he could start there. And he still mostly looked like shit playing against the equivalent of 2a competition. He looked like shit in fcs, too. Bailing outta the pocket at the first sign of pressure and throwing 50/50 balls that will be guaranteed picks in fbs. He will be the worst qb in the conference next year.

I believe the technical term is "turbo moron".
    I’ll admit I was wrong. Shadeur looked better than he ever did at JSU. Hiring the Kent state HC as OC may be the hire of the year.

Still, Tcu isn’t good and that win will look a lot different when they’re 5-7. You’ll beat nebraska and csu too. Then shit gets real.

Honestly your guys schedule is fucked. CU would be a lock to make a bowl if they played usc/Oregon later (losses no matter when you play them) and got Arizona/asu/furd early on. Instead, you’ll play those 3 winnable conference games when injuries start to kick your ass and you’ve got walk on caliber guys starting. And instead of wins they’ll be 50/50 games
  • Options
    BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Lol ok pal:

"There has been no crazier time in recent memory for college football than the age of the transfer portal. People love it, coaches hate it, and media is torn on it. What everyone knows for sure is it allows teams to rebuild faster and success to be sustained. And any team looking to add Jimmy Horn Jr. will be adding the best wide receiver in the transfer portal."

https://nittanylionswire.usatoday.com/lists/transfer-portal-stars-jimmy-horn-jr-wide-receiver/

"I'm fully expecting Shedeur Sanders to light the FBS up next year. Likely, Colorado will not be competing nationally, yet, but Sanders is a bonafide star and should put up massive numbers in his first season in the Pac-12. The only reason he's this far down the list is because we truly don't know what the roster or coaching staff will look like under Coach Deion Sanders. But, we know Sanders is committed to winning, and his son, Shedeur Sanders is going to be a huge part of what he tries to establish in Boulder. Shedeur Sanders is going to bring his electric dual-threat capability to the Pac-12 this season."

https://www.oddschecker.com/us/insight/football/ncaaf/20221213-2023-heisman-watch-an-early-ranking-of-the-top-10-candidates-for-the-2023-heisman-trophy

Heisman hype might be a little much and it's not a 100% lock that he is a superstar at the P5 level, but to say he's garbage is just biased nonsense. He was a 4 star recruit and has done nothing to diminish rating (e.g. DJ U) that in college so far. "Garbage QB" he is not.

Shedeur would have been an unheralded 3* if his dad wasn’t Deion. He was only able to start in high school because he played for his dad (as OC) in the shitty Dallas Christian football league (TAPPS) against a bunch of 5’7 white dudes. He got laughed out of the big Dallas programs when they asked if he could start there. And he still mostly looked like shit playing against the equivalent of 2a competition. He looked like shit in fcs, too. Bailing outta the pocket at the first sign of pressure and throwing 50/50 balls that will be guaranteed picks in fbs. He will be the worst qb in the conference next year.

I’ll admit I was wrong. Shadeur looked better than he ever did at JSU. Hiring the Kent state HC as OC may be the hire of the year.

Still, Tcu isn’t good and that win will look a lot different when they’re 5-7. You’ll beat nebraska and csu too. Then shit gets real.

Honestly your guys schedule is fucked. CU would be a lock to make a bowl if they played usc/Oregon later (losses no matter when you play them) and got Arizona/asu/furd early on. Instead, you’ll play those 3 winnable conference games when injuries start to kick your ass and you’ve got walk on caliber guys starting. And instead of wins they’ll be 50/50 games
    Helpful tip: instead of constantly showing everyone what an idiot you are, maybe just eat your crow and keep your shitty fantasies in your head.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Lol ok pal:

Helpful tip: instead of constantly showing everyone what an idiot you are, maybe just eat your crow and keep your shitty fantasies in your head.
    What do you think the phrase “I’ll admit I was wrong” means, fuckhead?

You guys looked way better than I thought. I was saying you should easily make a bowl, but the schedule makers fucked you and it’s going to be close because of that.
  • Options
    BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Lol ok pal:

You guys looked way better than I thought. I was saying you should easily make a bowl, but the schedule makers fucked you and it’s going to be close because of that.
    Less of your fantasies, more wiping of your mouth. Ask your caregiver for help with that.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,138
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TCU and Colorado are simply two mediocre teams with inept defenses.

TCU frittered away about 20 points through its offense's incompetence when presented opportunities.

If I had to bet, after this weekend's meeting of mediocre teams in Boulder, the Buffs will be 1-1.
  • Options
    edited September 2023

HHusky said:

TCU frittered away about 20 points through its offense's incompetence when presented opportunities.

If I had to bet, after this weekend's meeting of mediocre teams in Boulder, the Buffs will be 1-1.

That is a hot take since Nebraska looked like shit vs MN. I like prime in this one.
    Nebraska did look like shit on offense.

But playing Colorado is a feel good day for any offense, and Nebraska looks like it can play serviceable defense.

Neither team is particularly good. I'd bet on the one with a defense.

If TCU had layed 60 on Colorado as it should have, we wouldn't be saying TCU was a very good team, but we'd be calling Colorado a dumpster fire.

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

That is a hot take since Nebraska looked like shit vs MN. I like prime in this one.
    Nebraska did look like shit on offense.

But playing Colorado is a feel good day for any offense, and Nebraska looks like it can play serviceable defense.

Neither team is particularly good. I'd bet on the one with a defense.

If TCU had layed 60 on Colorado as it should have, we wouldn't be saying TCU was a very good team, but we'd be calling Colorado a dumpster fire.

I think Minnesota had a shitty qb, really shitty OL and RB, with a decent wr. I don't think Nebraska is ready to face actual playmakers. But that's why early season polls are ridiculous. Nobody knows anything until about game 4 or 5.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Lol ok pal:

Less of your fantasies, more wiping of your mouth. Ask your caregiver for help with that.
    Please come back when the Buffs fail to Crack a 50% win ratio on the season. Something tells me you will be "Poof".
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Lol ok pal:

You showed up. Why is that??

Prime has been and looks to be good for y’all.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,000
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Lol ok pal:

Please come back when the Buffs fail to Crack a 50% win ratio on the season. Something tells me you will be "Poof".
    I think "poof" implies he's been banned or censored, no?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

As good as the rest of your analysis and takes.
  • Options

HHusky said:

I obviously overrated Nebraska when I called them mediocre. And CU gets to play another inept offense this week. Hit the hype machine, Gloria.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I obviously overrated Nebraska when I called them mediocre. And CU gets to play another inept offense this week. Hit the hype machine, Gloria.

I heard CO would win 3 games this year MAX. 5 was out of reach. Care to take that line or did you want to back peddle further?

• Options
    edited September 2023

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I heard CO would win 3 games this year MAX. 5 was out of reach. Care to take that line or did you want to back peddle further?

I doubt I ever said that.

And 3 - 0 after CSU is more than likely. 'Cuz CSU. And they get to play both Arizona schools this year.

Less than 5 -7 seems like an abject failure.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

And 3 - 0 after CSU is more than likely. 'Cuz CSU. And they get to play both Arizona schools this year.

I feel like the goal posts are being moved for Coach Prime. We are talking about a team that was Cal-too-high away from Owen last season, and not a single loss was even close, or close to being close. I've been told it's impossible to compete in P5 first year after a thorough roster ass cleaning. Now we're saying anything less than 5-7 is an abject failure? Well, it would represent a 4 to 6 win improvement over last year, despite said roster turnover.

I don't get it. The guy has turned out to be a semi-serious coach with ambition to get his team to be better. Nobody doubts that when they run into SC, UW and UO that they're going to get their asses kicked at least two out of those three, and lose the other one. But you have to give him a fair standard to beat and not move it around every week he wins.
    Moar Fudd doog "it's just hype" as though program branding and hype isn't hugely impactful to college football success. Especially in the transfer portal era.

Sizzle sells. It might not be the only aspect to success but it's certainly AN aspect.
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I feel like the goal posts are being moved for Coach Prime. We are talking about a team that was Cal-too-high away from Owen last season, and not a single loss was even close, or close to being close. I've been told it's impossible to compete in P5 first year after a thorough roster ass cleaning. Now we're saying anything less than 5-7 is an abject failure? Well, it would represent a 4 to 6 win improvement over last year, despite said roster turnover.

I don't get it. The guy has turned out to be a semi-serious coach with ambition to get his team to be better. Nobody doubts that when they run into SC, UW and UO that they're going to get their asses kicked at least two out of those three, and lose the other one. But you have to give him a fair standard to beat and not move it around every week he wins.
    Surprising they beat TCU. Fortunate to win, but a win is a win. Good for them. But TCU is no better than mediocre.

Nebraska is terrible--can't execute a snap or a handoff without giving the ball to the opposition. At this rate, they might win 3 this year, assuming they beat their 2 remaining non-Power 5 foes.

Colorado State looked pretty awful.

Personally, I never claimed it's impossible to bring in a whole new team and win. It happens in the NFL from time to time. In an era of unlimited free agency, it'll happen in college too.

So he'd be a genius at 5-7?

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Surprising they beat TCU. Fortunate to win, but a win is a win. Good for them. But TCU is no better than mediocre.

Nebraska is terrible--can't execute a snap or a handoff without giving the ball to the opposition. At this rate, they might win 3 this year, assuming they beat their 2 remaining non-Power 5 foes.

Colorado State looked pretty awful.

Personally, I never claimed it's impossible to bring in a whole new team and win. It happens in the NFL from time to time. In an era of unlimited free agency, it'll happen in college too.

So he'd be a genius at 5-7?

Not a genius but his OC is a good coach and he gets his guys ready to go. Beating TCU was a win I didn’t think he’d get. Nebraska was always a toss up and CSU is bad. He will be 3-0 after next week but the P12 is tough this year. His team is thin on players. If they stay healthy 6-6 seems on the table. That would be pretty amazing. That defense is bad and thin. I imagine they’ll get worse, not better as the year goes on. The offensive line isn’t great and I’d think his son will take a pounding. 3-9 was my original thought but I’ll think anywhere from 4-8 - 7-5 is on the table depending on injuries.