Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coach Prime to the Colorado Buffaloes?!

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    6 wins needs to be his baseline next year. Under that and whatever he’s doing with roster management isn’t working.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,442
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

6 wins needs to be his baseline next year. Under that and whatever he’s doing with roster management isn’t working.

I could see them losing to NDSU in week 1.

If they win, they have a path to 6+ wins with Nebraska, CSU, Baylor, Cincinnati, and UCF being winnable
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

If they win, they have a path to 6+ wins with Nebraska, CSU, Baylor, Cincinnati, and UCF being winnable
    Nebraska will be much improved
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Most of those teams listed will be better. He should still get to 6 wins though. They don't have any heavyweights in that conference any more. Zona and Utah should be good but not unbeatable.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Lol ok pal:

"There has been no crazier time in recent memory for college football than the age of the transfer portal. People love it, coaches hate it, and media is torn on it. What everyone knows for sure is it allows teams to rebuild faster and success to be sustained. And any team looking to add Jimmy Horn Jr. will be adding the best wide receiver in the transfer portal."

https://nittanylionswire.usatoday.com/lists/transfer-portal-stars-jimmy-horn-jr-wide-receiver/

"I'm fully expecting Shedeur Sanders to light the FBS up next year. Likely, Colorado will not be competing nationally, yet, but Sanders is a bonafide star and should put up massive numbers in his first season in the Pac-12. The only reason he's this far down the list is because we truly don't know what the roster or coaching staff will look like under Coach Deion Sanders. But, we know Sanders is committed to winning, and his son, Shedeur Sanders is going to be a huge part of what he tries to establish in Boulder. Shedeur Sanders is going to bring his electric dual-threat capability to the Pac-12 this season."

https://www.oddschecker.com/us/insight/football/ncaaf/20221213-2023-heisman-watch-an-early-ranking-of-the-top-10-candidates-for-the-2023-heisman-trophy

Heisman hype might be a little much and it's not a 100% lock that he is a superstar at the P5 level, but to say he's garbage is just biased nonsense. He was a 4 star recruit and has done nothing to diminish rating (e.g. DJ U) that in college so far. "Garbage QB" he is not.

Shedeur would have been an unheralded 3* if his dad wasn’t Deion. He was only able to start in high school because he played for his dad (as OC) in the shitty Dallas Christian football league (TAPPS) against a bunch of 5’7 white dudes. He got laughed out of the big Dallas programs when they asked if he could start there. And he still mostly looked like shit playing against the equivalent of 2a competition. He looked like shit in fcs, too. Bailing outta the pocket at the first sign of pressure and throwing 50/50 balls that will be guaranteed picks in fbs. He will be the worst qb in the conference next year.

I believe the technical term is "turbo moron".
    I’ll admit I was wrong. Shadeur looked better than he ever did at JSU. Hiring the Kent state HC as OC may be the hire of the year.

Still, Tcu isn’t good and that win will look a lot different when they’re 5-7. You’ll beat nebraska and csu too. Then shit gets real.

Honestly your guys schedule is fucked. CU would be a lock to make a bowl if they played usc/Oregon later (losses no matter when you play them) and got Arizona/asu/furd early on. Instead, you’ll play those 3 winnable conference games when injuries start to kick your ass and you’ve got walk on caliber guys starting. And instead of wins they’ll be 50/50 games

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Lol ok pal:

"There has been no crazier time in recent memory for college football than the age of the transfer portal. People love it, coaches hate it, and media is torn on it. What everyone knows for sure is it allows teams to rebuild faster and success to be sustained. And any team looking to add Jimmy Horn Jr. will be adding the best wide receiver in the transfer portal."

https://nittanylionswire.usatoday.com/lists/transfer-portal-stars-jimmy-horn-jr-wide-receiver/

"I'm fully expecting Shedeur Sanders to light the FBS up next year. Likely, Colorado will not be competing nationally, yet, but Sanders is a bonafide star and should put up massive numbers in his first season in the Pac-12. The only reason he's this far down the list is because we truly don't know what the roster or coaching staff will look like under Coach Deion Sanders. But, we know Sanders is committed to winning, and his son, Shedeur Sanders is going to be a huge part of what he tries to establish in Boulder. Shedeur Sanders is going to bring his electric dual-threat capability to the Pac-12 this season."

https://www.oddschecker.com/us/insight/football/ncaaf/20221213-2023-heisman-watch-an-early-ranking-of-the-top-10-candidates-for-the-2023-heisman-trophy

Heisman hype might be a little much and it's not a 100% lock that he is a superstar at the P5 level, but to say he's garbage is just biased nonsense. He was a 4 star recruit and has done nothing to diminish rating (e.g. DJ U) that in college so far. "Garbage QB" he is not.

Shedeur would have been an unheralded 3* if his dad wasn’t Deion. He was only able to start in high school because he played for his dad (as OC) in the shitty Dallas Christian football league (TAPPS) against a bunch of 5’7 white dudes. He got laughed out of the big Dallas programs when they asked if he could start there. And he still mostly looked like shit playing against the equivalent of 2a competition. He looked like shit in fcs, too. Bailing outta the pocket at the first sign of pressure and throwing 50/50 balls that will be guaranteed picks in fbs. He will be the worst qb in the conference next year.

I’ll admit I was wrong. Shadeur looked better than he ever did at JSU. Hiring the Kent state HC as OC may be the hire of the year.

Still, Tcu isn’t good and that win will look a lot different when they’re 5-7. You’ll beat nebraska and csu too. Then shit gets real.

Honestly your guys schedule is fucked. CU would be a lock to make a bowl if they played usc/Oregon later (losses no matter when you play them) and got Arizona/asu/furd early on. Instead, you’ll play those 3 winnable conference games when injuries start to kick your ass and you’ve got walk on caliber guys starting. And instead of wins they’ll be 50/50 games
    Helpful tip: instead of constantly showing everyone what an idiot you are, maybe just eat your crow and keep your shitty fantasies in your head.
    What do you think the phrase “I’ll admit I was wrong” means, fuckhead?

You guys looked way better than I thought. I was saying you should easily make a bowl, but the schedule makers fucked you and it’s going to be close because of that.
    Less of your fantasies, more wiping of your mouth. Ask your caregiver for help with that.
    Please come back when the Buffs fail to Crack a 50% win ratio on the season. Something tells me you will be "Poof".
    Whole lotta dialed in going on up in here
    I didn’t have Deion firing that oc (the only coach worth a shit) on my bingo card though. Even I didn’t think prime was that stupid to undo the one decent coaching hire he’d made.

Next hot take—prime is fired by thanksgiving next year.
    My pick is that a NFL team will be browbeaten into hiring Prim. Firing would be chortles.
    Nothing does or would shock me when it comes to Prime.

Him bolting for the NFL makes sense. It would certainly be a great way to save face if things don’t go well next season.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    prime coaching the cowboys would be an absolute dumpster fire. stephen a smith would would epstein himself live on air by the first bye week.

would love to see it happen!
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Lol ok pal:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Lol ok pal:

Helpful tip: instead of constantly showing everyone what an idiot you are, maybe just eat your crow and keep your shitty fantasies in your head.

You guys looked way better than I thought. I was saying you should easily make a bowl, but the schedule makers fucked you and it’s going to be close because of that.
    Less of your fantasies, more wiping of your mouth. Ask your caregiver for help with that.
    Please come back when the Buffs fail to Crack a 50% win ratio on the season. Something tells me you will be "Poof".
    I didn’t have Deion firing that oc (the only coach worth a shit) on my bingo card though. Even I didn’t think prime was that stupid to undo the one decent coaching hire he’d made.

My pick is that a NFL team will be browbeaten into hiring Prim. Firing would be chortles.

Him bolting for the NFL makes sense. It would certainly be a great way to save face if things don’t go well next season.
    I'd be shocked if he got a head coaching gig in the NFL

He's not a good coach. He did well getting better players at a HBCU. We saw what happened when the talent level was more comparable at CU this year, and it was not good. It'd only get worse at the NFL level
    I didn’t say HC job. A NFL coordinator gig is still a step up from Colorado.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,250
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    There are great recruiters who can't coach, and great coaches that can't recruit. Now, add in the retainment piece, and it's a whole new game. That is any combo of money, football development, and the general feeling that your coaches don't look at you as meat on the hoof.

I think about the scenes from the last several weeks, of Deboer embracing kids, with emotion after games, in front of cameras. They trust him, and believe in what he is about. I couldn't imagine DJ doing that, or any coach of that era, in public. The next wave of coaches were straight business, CEO's, distant, almost emotionless, canned, cliched responses..."On to the next, next man up".

Deboer isn't flashy, isn't a hype man, has his players' backs, and they know it. He also can coach the offensive side, rather well...

I think maybe Deion has been exposed, in that...

He is old school
    He is coaching his sons, one of whom is driving a Rolls Royce around campus
    He is a HOF'er, who realistically was not coached much at all
    It is more about Deion than about the players, and he is throwing players and coaches under the bus

Coaches demoted, coaches leaving, players leaving, recruits de-committing..."I'll just go get some more"...not very sustainable.

The sizzle is getting them to campus, the steak is coaching them up, and building trust and belief in what they are doing...Prime Sizzle
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,492
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Lol ok pal:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Lol ok pal:

I'd be shocked if he got a head coaching gig in the NFL

He's not a good coach. He did well getting better players at a HBCU. We saw what happened when the talent level was more comparable at CU this year, and it was not good. It'd only get worse at the NFL level
    I didn’t say HC job. A NFL coordinator gig is still a step up from Colorado.
    His ego will not allow him to be anything other than the man in charge.