Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Is Blue Chip ratio still a thing

Comments

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,300
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So we’re just ignoring the whole blue chip thing then?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,162
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Quick question

Dan Lamboing or Dan Lannbo?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,441
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

TheHB said:

46XiJCAB said:

Bottom line of this thread.

Blue chips no longer matter because those classes are not in the dogs future. I get it, lowered expectations. Maybe Fats can parlay turning around a team with talent to begin with into the soon to be open TAM job?

I’d be more concerned about the dumbassery exhibited by Lanning. Maybe he will get better in the head coaching department, but he appears to be in way over his head.

Point being that, of course blue chips matter. But if you coach them like Lanning does, it won’t matter how many stars his players had as recruits.

Our fat coach has demonstrated an ability so far to get more than most expected out of lesser talent. All things being equal in the coaching dept., I’d want Oregon’s talent. But things don’t look equal to me.
    8-2 over his head POTD. The guy is a first time HC that got his head beat in by his mentor and then ran off 8 in a row before dropping a 3 pointer even with 2 dumb ass calls. He's gonna be just fine. Chip got his head beat in by BSU and did the same thing. Smart coaches learn from mistakes. Well except for J. Lake.

Fats only has 88 more games as a HC than Lanning. He whipped his ass by 3 with all of that experience.
    Easiest conference schedule up until the UW game. You got UCLA with GameDay there and everyone jacked out of their mind. Did not get ranked beavlet squad the week before. You got Colorado. It's debatable whether or not Oregon is as good as beavlet.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,300
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ducks will be 8-4. Book it.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

TheHB said:

46XiJCAB said:

Blue chips no longer matter because those classes are not in the dogs future. I get it, lowered expectations. Maybe Fats can parlay turning around a team with talent to begin with into the soon to be open TAM job?

I’d be more concerned about the dumbassery exhibited by Lanning. Maybe he will get better in the head coaching department, but he appears to be in way over his head.

Point being that, of course blue chips matter. But if you coach them like Lanning does, it won’t matter how many stars his players had as recruits.

Our fat coach has demonstrated an ability so far to get more than most expected out of lesser talent. All things being equal in the coaching dept., I’d want Oregon’s talent. But things don’t look equal to me.
    8-2 over his head POTD. The guy is a first time HC that got his head beat in by his mentor and then ran off 8 in a row before dropping a 3 pointer even with 2 dumb ass calls. He's gonna be just fine. Chip got his head beat in by BSU and did the same thing. Smart coaches learn from mistakes. Well except for J. Lake.

Fats only has 88 more games as a HC than Lanning. He whipped his ass by 3 with all of that experience.
    Easiest conference schedule up until the UW game. You got UCLA with GameDay there and everyone jacked out of their mind. Did not get ranked beavlet squad the week before. You got Colorado. It's debatable whether or not Oregon is as good as beavlet.
    Going to add this to my fan fic blog and going to say I wrote it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

TheHB said:

46XiJCAB said:

Don't forget "Probation" ASU 😆
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

46XiJCAB said:

Scoreboard Baby

Now that’s more like it. Now do it 15 of the next 19 and we’re even over the last 40.
    And I was worried you guys were gonna be Nebraska classy. Thanks for keeping it real.

Amazing that with that kind of dominance, duck is still behind 61–48–5 all-time.

So win 13 in a row, and we're? even.
    NOC
    YYD
    If I did I would have known what the series record was.

You care about stupid shit because you never win anything.

You’d go 0-10 against Oregon if it meant 10 league titles. As would I reversed.

NOC

This is called projection. You care so you think everyone else does. You care because UW has been worse than Oregon for the majority of your life. You probably spend a lot of time thinking about football so you have to find SOMETHING to make it worth it. For Hiai, it’s academic rankings, as an example.

Washington being 13 games (thanks for the data point Grace) better than Oregon happened before I was born.

Are you sick because Oregon won the 1919 Rose Bowl? I’m going to assume not but you can tell me.
    I am. Still can't let it go
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    haie said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

TheHB said:

46XiJCAB said:

It’s fan fic so I’ll be sure to add all the reasons why I don’t care what anyone says, that was a GOOD asu team.

If only there was a way to find out who’s had the easier schedule this year. Spoiler alert: There is and I don’t think you’ll like the results.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

TheHB said:

46XiJCAB said:

It’s fan fic so I’ll be sure to add all the reasons why I don’t care what anyone says, that was a GOOD asu team.

If only there was a way to find out who’s had the easier schedule this year. Spoiler alert: There is and I don’t think you’ll like the results.

Oregon conference road games: Arizona, Cal, Colorado.

Getting the shitty teams on the road, one placed specifically in front of your rivalry game at home, is a called the softest of conference schedules.

No fan fic needed.
  • Options
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

TheHB said:

46XiJCAB said:

Getting the shitty teams on the road, one placed specifically in front of your rivalry game at home, is a called the softest of conference schedules.

No fan fic needed.
    There’s resources you can check to see who has played the far easier schedule. You just have to Google it.

Note that Oregons will improve the next two weeks while UWs will decrease.

Fan fic is fan fic. Facts are facts.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

TheHB said:

46XiJCAB said:

No fan fic needed.
    There’s resources you can check to see who has played the far easier schedule. You just have to Google it.

I'm not including non conference dude.

There's nothing to check out. Oregon got their tougher games at home, including a glorified bye positioned right before the big rivalry game.

Oregon is a soft as baby shit team that showed it. Debatable whether you're even as good as beavlet.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

TheHB said:

46XiJCAB said:

No fan fic needed.

There's nothing to check out. Oregon got their tougher games at home, including a glorified bye positioned right before the big rivalry game.

Oregon is a soft as baby shit team that showed it. Debatable whether you're even as good as beavlet.
    Sounds like you’ve googled and found the results.

Your fan fic sci-fi opinions don’t matter. Oregon has played both the harder overall schedule and conference schedule this season.

Losers say stuff like “gayme day matters” and think “basically bi’s” matter. “Yeah we lost but we kicked your ass so bad, you lost the next week.”

You have scoreboard and you’re still trying to win the alternative universe trophy.

I don’t really care about SOS it’s just that you brought it up and fan fickers need to be taught how real life works. I’ll be here for that.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

TheHB said:

46XiJCAB said:

TL DR. Fuckwit.
  • Options

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

TheHB said:

46XiJCAB said:

No fan fic needed.

Your fan fic sci-fi opinions don’t matter. Oregon has played both the harder overall schedule and conference schedule this season.

Losers say stuff like “gayme day matters” and think “basically bi’s” matter. “Yeah we lost but we kicked your ass so bad, you lost the next week.”

You have scoreboard and you’re still trying to win the alternative universe trophy.

I don’t really care about SOS it’s just that you brought it up and fan fickers need to be taught how real life works. I’ll be here for that.
    Stop raining on Haie’s cool story.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

TheHB said:

46XiJCAB said:

No fan fic needed.

When your harder games are at home and your cupcakes are on the road, that's called a favorable schedule Mike. Utah, UCLA, and UW had to go up to Eugene, you get Colorado before the rivalry. You're retarded if you think that somehow equates to Oregon having the harder schedule.

Your one non puff road game is at beavlet. They might be better than you so points there I guess.

tldr: Oregon got their conference schedule absolutely served up and still got smacked in the mouth by Washington.
  • Options
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

TheHB said:

46XiJCAB said:

No fan fic needed.

When your harder games are at home and your cupcakes are on the road, that's called a favorable schedule Mike. Utah, UCLA, and UW had to go up to Eugene, you get Colorado before the rivalry. You're retarded if you think that somehow equates to Oregon having the harder schedule.

Your one non puff road game is at beavlet. They might be better than you so points there I guess.

tldr: Oregon got their conference schedule absolutely served up and still got smacked in the mouth by Washington.
    Too Long
    Did Not Read.

Fuckwit.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

TheHB said:

46XiJCAB said:

No fan fic needed.

Too Long
    Did Not Read.

Fuckwit.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

TheHB said:

46XiJCAB said:

No fan fic needed.

You’re wrong. And very weird.

Ok let’s do your fan fic version of the Washington season. I guess since you’re pimping so hard for OSU, you’re saying that’s your best win of the season?

The only reason you smashed them 24-21, at home I might add, is because you had a bi and then played a “basically bi” against a Cal team who lost to Colorado. Oregon State only lost that game because of your schedule aligning PERFECTLY for you. We’ll just count that as a UW loss here. That’s what we like to do.

Or is it soft Oregon with a soft coach who played nobody this year and only beat UCLA because of a morning TV show?

And UCLA is just decent, but you lost to them. Is it because the TOUGH ass kickers of the men’s UW football team couldn’t possibly have recovered in time form their “basically bi” the week before against Stanford?

And then of course there was no way to recover from losing to “decent” UCLA and take on a probation era ASU the following week. You just can’t do it.

• Options
    haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

TheHB said:

46XiJCAB said:

No fan fic needed.

Too Long
    Did Not Read.

Fuckwit.
    Too long
    Did Not Read

Fuckwit.
  • Options

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

TheHB said:

46XiJCAB said:

No fan fic needed.

You’re wrong. And very weird.

Ok let’s do your fan fic version of the Washington season. I guess since you’re pimping so hard for OSU, you’re saying that’s your best win of the season?

The only reason you smashed them 24-21 is because you had a bi and then played a “basically bi” against a Cal team who lost to Colorado. Oregon State only lost that game because of your schedule.

Or is it soft Oregon with a soft coach who played nobody this year and only beat UCLA because of a morning TV show?

And UCLA is just decent, but you lost to them. Is it because the TOUGH ass kickers of the men’s UW football team couldn’t possibly have recovered in time form their “basically bi” the week before against Stanford?

And then of course there was no way to recover from losing to “decent” UCLA and take on a probation era ASU the following week. You just can’t do it.

You’re ruining Ballz story time. LOL......

Oregon has played one team this year. The rest are either trash or a hair above trash. It’s the fucking PAC-12. I’m embarrassed Oregon lost to a uw team with a shittier D than Oregon. It happens. With a little help for a Rookie HC making insane decisions.