Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Is Blue Chip ratio still a thing

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,209
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UW went on a 17-3 run from 74 to 93

Oregon went 5-4 from 94 to 03

The Duckade was 12-0 for a 17-4 run

3-3 since

13 games is historically balanced. Pre James this was a pretty good series with lots of hate

I was there
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    TheHB said:

46XiJCAB said:

Scoreboard Baby

Now that’s more like it. Now do it 15 of the next 19 and we’re even over the last 40.
    And I was worried you guys were gonna be Nebraska classy. Thanks for keeping it real.

Amazing that with that kind of dominance, duck is still behind 61–48–5 all-time.

So win 13 in a row, and we're? even.
    NOC
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,313
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

46XiJCAB said:

Scoreboard Baby

Now that’s more like it. Now do it 15 of the next 19 and we’re even over the last 40.
    And I was worried you guys were gonna be Nebraska classy. Thanks for keeping it real.

Amazing that with that kind of dominance, duck is still behind 61–48–5 all-time.

NOC
    YYD
  • Options
    TheHB said:

TheHB said:

46XiJCAB said:

Scoreboard Baby

NOC
    YYD
    If I did I would have known what the series record was.

You care about stupid shit because you never win anything.

You’d go 0-10 against Oregon if it meant 10 league titles. As would I reversed.

NOC
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

I find it interesting that under CCP it was all about leveling up because that’s what it took to crack elite status and become Clempson west.

Now it’s WDW4*. I guess looking at your current class, yes none of you have, changes the calculus. Yes we beat Oregon with level up guys but none of them are any good.

JFC.

Pathetic.

The thing you're not bright enough to understand is that the drivers of "Level Up" and "Clemson of the West" no longer post here, haven't in quite some time actually. Please direct your complaints to www.bdtw.com. And while you're there tell them they are more than welcome back here anytime.

Thanks for reading.
    So one one still poasting here agreed with them. Seems like Fats doesn’t either. Good to know that try hards are back in vogue.
  • Options
    TheHB said:

46XiJCAB said:

Scoreboard Baby

I did a nice breakdown of the history in 20 year increments. Not 13 in a row just 7 of 10 over tim. Seems about right. Like I told Race we won’t be here when it happens. Not really a matter of if.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Butt yes, blue chip ratio still matters, and until UW becomes serious about NIL there is a ceiling on what we can accomplish. Thankfully Oregon seems committed to never reach their ceiling so for that we are grateful.

I believe they are. That would be winning the NCG and not just playing in it. Twice.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    46XiJCAB said:

dnc said:

Butt yes, blue chip ratio still matters, and until UW becomes serious about NIL there is a ceiling on what we can accomplish. Thankfully Oregon seems committed to never reach their ceiling so for that we are grateful.

I believe they are. That would be winning the NCG and not just playing in it. Twice.
    Great participation trophies, as always!
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

dnc said:

That wasn’t the point of my response but you knew that. Oregon has not hit their ceiling but the commitment is there. Do you understand now or do I need to dump out the crayons?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

TheHB said:

46XiJCAB said:

Scoreboard Baby

I did a nice breakdown of the history in 20 year increments. Not 13 in a row just 7 of 10 over tim. Seems about right. Like I told Race we won’t be here when it happens. Not really a matter of if.
    Ducks aren't winning next four.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    46XiJCAB said:

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

dnc said:

That wasn’t the point of my response but you knew that. Oregon has not hit their ceiling but the commitment is there. Do you understand now or do I need to dump out the crayons?
    It was definitely the point. You even capped it off with its own special one word sentence just to be sure we got it. Clearly.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,457
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

dnc said:

Good luck hitting your ceiling with those pussies I saw last weekend. Your coaches are softer than baby shit too. Have fun with that.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

46XiJCAB said:

Scoreboard Baby

NOC
    YYD

NOC

• Options
    TheHB said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

46XiJCAB said:

Scoreboard Baby

NOC
    YYD

NOC

This is called projection. You care so you think everyone else does. You care because UW has been worse than Oregon for the majority of your life. You probably spend a lot of time thinking about football so you have to find SOMETHING to make it worth it. For Hiai, it’s academic rankings, as an example.

Washington being 13 games (thanks for the data point Grace) better than Oregon happened before I was born.

Are you sick because Oregon won the 1919 Rose Bowl? I’m going to assume not but you can tell me.
  • Options
    haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

dnc said:

Good luck hitting your ceiling with those pussies I saw last weekend. Your coaches are softer than baby shit too. Have fun with that.
    LOL......................

3 point gifts are Haie's favorite type. I'm happy for you little bro. This was big for you.
  • Options
    dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

dnc said:

It was definitely the point. You even capped it off with its own special one word sentence just to be sure we got it. Clearly.
    Twice. As in have not hit their ceiling. I guess the crayons are necessary on this one. The only fanbase interested in hoisting participation trophies is the one that has 1/2 of one based on a vote.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You care because UW has been worse than Oregon for the majority of your life.

You lost me here, but thank you?
  • Options
    Bottom line of this thread.

Blue chips no longer matter because those classes are not in the dogs future. I get it, lowered expectations. Maybe Fats can parlay turning around a team with talent to begin with into the soon to be open TAM job?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

Blue chips no longer matter because those classes are not in the dogs future. I get it, lowered expectations. Maybe Fats can parlay turning around a team with talent to begin with into the soon to be open TAM job?

I’d be more concerned about the dumbassery exhibited by Lanning. Maybe he will get better in the head coaching department, but he appears to be in way over his head.

Point being that, of course blue chips matter. But if you coach them like Lanning does, it won’t matter how many stars his players had as recruits.

Our fat coach has demonstrated an ability so far to get more than most expected out of lesser talent. All things being equal in the coaching dept., I’d want Oregon’s talent. But things don’t look equal to me.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    TheHB said:

46XiJCAB said:

I’d be more concerned about the dumbassery exhibited by Lanning. Maybe he will get better in the head coaching department, but he appears to be in way over his head.

Point being that, of course blue chips matter. But if you coach them like Lanning does, it won’t matter how many stars his players had as recruits.

Our fat coach has demonstrated an ability so far to get more than most expected out of lesser talent. All things being equal in the coaching dept., I’d want Oregon’s talent. But things don’t look equal to me.
    8-2 over his head POTD. The guy is a first time HC that got his head beat in by his mentor and then ran off 8 in a row before dropping a 3 pointer even with 2 dumb ass calls. He's gonna be just fine. Chip got his head beat in by BSU and did the same thing. Smart coaches learn from mistakes. Well except for J. Lake.

Fats only has 88 more games as a HC than Lanning. He whipped his ass by 3 with all of that experience.