Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UCSB Shooting...

124»

Comments

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

priapism said:

I'll take gun rights and take 20K-100K murders in the U.S. every year vs the next dictator purge which could possibly bein the 1 billion+ range. IMO, I think the next sociopathic dictator from a major power will be it for humanity. I'm not worried about guns, but worried about the various new WMDs which every country in the world will probably have within the next 100 years.

One short term solution to reduce murders is to legalize weed nationwide and the murder rate could possibly drop 5-20%. Legalizing prostitution in California might have just saved 6 lives around UCSB.

It's not even 20 - 100k. It's less tha 10k. A large % of those are over drugs and/or are gang related.
    The biggest chunk of gun related deaths is suicide. Then the chunk left over about 70-80% are gang related.

But when some rich completely psychotic kid shoots a few people is the only time you hear the issue come up. From 1980 to 2008 mass shootings accumulated for 1% of all total gun deaths in that time frame.
    Ok... but, how would you stop them altogether?
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,548 Founders Club
    Maybe the cops should have run a background check on the kid after the parents gave them the heads up. Maybe since he purchased his guns and ammunition legally they would have been alerted that the on the edge, double shrink seeing kid who's youtube videos scare his own parents was packing serious heat. Maybe they should have given his roommates a heads up and card to call if anything got weird.

Or they could just knock on the door, ask him if he's cool, then walk down the street to write some skater kid a drunk in public ticket.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,562 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Maybe the cops should have run a background check on the kid after the parents gave them the heads up. Maybe since he purchased his guns and ammunition legally they would have been alerted that the on the edge, double shrink seeing kid who's youtube videos scare his own parents was packing serious heat. Maybe they should have given his roommates a heads up and card to call if anything got weird.

Fucking this
  • d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109

If only those sorority girls and his roommates had a .45 attached to their hip. I never go anywhere without my 1911.

If you weren't such a bad shot, you could use a smaller caliber.

Can we start talking about knife and vehicle regulation too? Just as many died by the blade as the chamber in this incident and a bunch of people were injured getting hit by the vehicle.

Can't we just start talking X's and O's ?!!
    Liberals always try to change the subject... especially on threads (on their 4th page) that violate He Needs More Shit's Law against saying things where he doesn't approve.
    priapism said:

I'll take gun rights and take 20K-100K murders in the U.S. every year vs the next dictator purge which could possibly bein the 1 billion+ range. IMO, I think the next sociopathic dictator from a major power will be it for humanity. I'm not worried about guns, but worried about the various new WMDs which every country in the world will probably have within the next 100 years.

One short term solution to reduce murders is to legalize weed nationwide and the murder rate could possibly drop 5-20%. Legalizing prostitution in California might have just saved 6 lives around UCSB.

There aren't any prostitutes in LA? Where did they go?

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,560 Founders Club

HuskyJW said:

I would just like to go on record to say that while I support the 2nd Amendment....I am against supporting the rights of the 2nd Amendment.

The NRA and gun nuts always get amnesia when it comes to the "well regulated" part.
    I don't think you know what "well regulated" means. Or maybe you're whooshing us.
    Well, it probably doesn't mean the insane can go buy weapons fairly easily.
    HINT : It has nothing to do with that or gun laws. The fact you think it has to do with gun laws and regulation speaks volumes. Not just on this topic, but all the others you chimed in on.
    Coming from you, that's funny

HuskyJW said:

I would just like to go on record to say that while I support the 2nd Amendment....I am against supporting the rights of the 2nd Amendment.

The NRA and gun nuts always get amnesia when it comes to the "well regulated" part.
    I don't think you know what "well regulated" means. Or maybe you're whooshing us.
    HINT : It has nothing to do with that or gun laws. The fact you think it has to do with gun laws and regulation speaks volumes. Not just on this topic, but all the others you chimed in on.
    DIAFF Marshal Bill used to be funny occasionally. I think Obama fuckups are taking their toll.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited May 2014
    d2d is pissed off tonight. So is PGOS. Coincidence or just bad buttsex?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,560 Founders Club
    edited May 2014
    d2d said:

HuskyJW said:

DIAFF Marshal Bill used to be funny occasionally. I think Obama fuckups are taking their toll.
    I'm still funny. I've been a little off my game, but it will come back.

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    AZDuck said:

Wow. Manipulated by yet another headline?

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

priapism said:

It's not even 20 - 100k. It's less tha 10k. A large % of those are over drugs and/or are gang related.
    The biggest chunk of gun related deaths is suicide. Then the chunk left over about 70-80% are gang related.

But when some rich completely psychotic kid shoots a few people is the only time you hear the issue come up. From 1980 to 2008 mass shootings accumulated for 1% of all total gun deaths in that time frame.
    Ok... but, how would you stop them altogether?

HuskyJW said:

Just admit you didn't understand some basic language in the constitution and move on.