Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UCSB Shooting...

Comments

• d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    The Democrat Solution...

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    If only those sorority girls and his roommates had a .45 attached to their hip. I never go anywhere without my 1911.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Can we start talking about knife and vehicle regulation too? Just as many died by the blade as the chamber in this incident and a bunch of people were injured getting hit by the vehicle.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,560 Founders Club

HuskyJW said:

I would just like to go on record to say that while I support the 2nd Amendment....I am against supporting the rights of the 2nd Amendment.

The NRA and gun nuts always get amnesia when it comes to the "well regulated" part.
    I don't think you know what "well regulated" means. Or maybe you're whooshing us.
    Well, it probably doesn't mean the insane can go buy weapons fairly easily.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

Can we start talking about knife and vehicle regulation too? Just as many died by the blade as the chamber in this incident and a bunch of people were injured getting hit by the vehicle.

Can't we just start talking X's and O's ?!!
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

HuskyJW said:

I would just like to go on record to say that while I support the 2nd Amendment....I am against supporting the rights of the 2nd Amendment.

The NRA and gun nuts always get amnesia when it comes to the "well regulated" part.
    I don't think you know what "well regulated" means. Or maybe you're whooshing us.
    HINT : It has nothing to do with that or gun laws. The fact you think it has to do with gun laws and regulation speaks volumes. Not just on this topic, but all the others you chimed in on.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,562 Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyJW said:

HINT : It has nothing to do with that or gun laws. The fact you think it has to do with gun laws and regulation speaks volumes. Not just on this topic, but all the others you chimed in on.
    Just to play devil's advocate, it does have to do with gun laws (though guns aren't the problem)

It needs to be more difficult to get guns.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

HuskyJW said:

Just to play devil's advocate, it does have to do with gun laws (though guns aren't the problem)

... on the street, from your lathe, or from the store?

HuskyJW said:

Good Christ. The term "well regulated" in the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with gun regulations. For fucks sake. Is this a whoosh?

HuskyJW said:

Good Christ. The term "well regulated" in the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with gun regulations. For fucks sake. Is this a whoosh?
    If somebody was motivated to spend 15 seconds on internet research, it would be easy to find out

The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected. Establishing government oversight of the people's arms was not only not the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was precisely to render the government powerless to do so that the founders wrote it.
    Finally...

HuskyJW said:

If somebody was motivated to spend 15 seconds on internet research, it would be easy to find out

The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected. Establishing government oversight of the people's arms was not only not the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was precisely to render the government powerless to do so that the founders wrote it.
    Yea but still.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,562 Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyJW said:

Never said it did, I guess I missed something...

HuskyJW said:

Never said it did, I guess I missed something...
    You said "it does have to do with gun laws". I guess I assumed you were responding to the topic that was being discussed.
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,050
    edited May 2014
    I'll take gun rights and take 20K-100K murders in the U.S. every year vs the next dictator purge which could possibly bein the 1 billion+ range. IMO, I think the next sociopathic dictator from a major power will be it for humanity. I'm not worried about guns, but worried about the various new WMDs which every country in the world will probably have within the next 100 years.

One short term solution to reduce murders is to legalize weed nationwide and the murder rate could possibly drop 5-20%. Legalizing prostitution in California might have just saved 6 lives around UCSB.
    priapism said:

I'll take gun rights and take 20K-100K murders in the U.S. every year vs the next dictator purge which could possibly bein the 1 billion+ range. IMO, I think the next sociopathic dictator from a major power will be it for humanity. I'm not worried about guns, but worried about the various new WMDs which every country in the world will probably have within the next 100 years.

One short term solution to reduce murders is to legalize weed nationwide and the murder rate could possibly drop 5-20%. Legalizing prostitution in California might have just saved 6 lives around UCSB.

Legalizing drugs and prostitution are long term solutions for a lot of this cuntry's problems...
    priapism said:

It's not even 20 - 100k. It's less tha 10k. A large % of those are over drugs and/or are gang related.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    LOL...like those bitches could handle a .45

If only those sorority girls and his roommates had a .45 attached to their hip. I never go anywhere without my 1911.

priapism said:

It's not even 20 - 100k. It's less tha 10k. A large % of those are over drugs and/or are gang related.
    The biggest chunk of gun related deaths is suicide. Then the chunk left over about 70-80% are gang related.

But when some rich completely psychotic kid shoots a few people is the only time you hear the issue come up. From 1980 to 2008 mass shootings accumulated for 1% of all total gun deaths in that time frame.