Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NBA Playoff Megathread

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Good PellyDub game. AD is easy to root for when he’s punking Green instead of my bl0sers
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

Good PellyDub game. AD is easy to root for when he’s punking Green instead of my bl0sers

ez 2 cheer for them when they are up against

1. green, the most unlikable player in the NBA
    2. durant, who broke the nba by joining a 73 win team days after barely losing to them in game 7. the largest bitch move in the history of american sports
    3. swaggy p, a career noted solely for his shit talking on the lakers while losing by 20+ each night
    4. zaza, destroyer of spurs dreams

but the average retard will default to hating lebron over any of them because...reasons
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    BaldwinIV said:

haie said:

2. durant, who broke the nba by joining a 73 win team days after barely losing to them in game 7. the largest bitch move in the history of american sports
    3. swaggy p, a career noted solely for his shit talking on the lakers while losing by 20+ each night

but the average retard will default to hating lebron over any of them because...reasons
    Lotta Soonic/Thunder butthurt in this post.

And a short memory of other noted Championship chasers as well.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

BaldwinIV said:

haie said:

Wait. Wouldn't Sonic fans actually like Durant? When would they ever be ideologically inclined with Thunder fans? What are you slobbering about? If you can find a comparable precedent for a top 3 player, in his prime, joining a 73 win team that already won a championship with its core, please enlighten us.

This is like talking to a lamppost.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is what it looks like when a team actually plays defense against the pellys
  • Options
    BaldwinIV said:

salemcoog said:

BaldwinIV said:

haie said:

Wait. Wouldn't Sonic fans actually like Durant? When would they ever be ideologically inclined with Thunder fans? What are you slobbering about? If you can find a comparable precedent for a top 3 player, in his prime, joining a 73 win team that already won a championship with its core, please enlighten us.

This is like talking to a lamppost.
    We get it. You have a lot of @haie in your life of the MVP of the ‘17 NBA Finals.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Huh? Someone mention that the Sonics no longer exist?
  • Options
    Back to the original. Lemme know whose the GOAT after watching this.

https://youtu.be/LAr6oAKieHk
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    salemcoog said:

GOAT pushoff of Russell in that thumbnail

Yes, he's still the GoAT though
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

salemcoog said:

GOAT pushoff of Russell in that thumbnail

Yes, he's still the GoAT though
    I thought it was a pushoff from the first angle too. If you look at it from the second behind the shot angle there's not much there though. He just broke his ankles.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lot of short memory millennial slobber in this thread.

Lebron ditched Cleveland because he couldn't win same as Durant ditching OKC. I don't really care about either of those moves bc modern NBA free agency is what it is but if you are going to hate on the one move and not the other then you're either just a Lebron poofer or a Durant salad tosser.

Lebron is probably the greatest athlete to ever play basketball. Jordan is the GOAT basketball player until further notice.
  • Options
    haie said:

I'd say Green did the punking, but you're a fucking retard, so......
  • Options

Lebron ditched Cleveland because he couldn't win same as Durant ditching OKC. I don't really care about either of those moves bc modern NBA free agency is what it is but if you are going to hate on the one move and not the other then you're either just a Lebron poofer or a Durant salad tosser.

Lebron is probably the greatest athlete to ever play basketball. Jordan is the GOAT basketball player until further notice.

equating the lbj --> heat and kd --> gsw moves is in the top 1% of the dumbest things ever posted on this forum, including the tug.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BaldwinIV said:

equating the lbj --> heat and kd --> gsw moves is in the top 1% of the dumbest things ever posted on this forum, including the tug.
    What Lebron did helped usher in the era where the GSW moves were normalized enough to happen. HTH.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited May 2018

is this a troll? @dnc you upvoted this? edit: chinned? whoosh?

2007-2008 miami had the worst record in the NBA at 15-67, wade missing the final 21 games
    2008-2009 miami finished 43-39, a 7 seed that got blasted in round 1 by the hawks
    2009-2010 miami finished 45-37, a 6 seed, lost 1-4 to Boston in the 1st round

We are comparing this to the '16 GSW team that went 73-9 and was a Green ballpunch away from winning a title? The team that blew a 3-1 lead with home court in the finals?

How about the '15 GSW team that won the title.

Is everyone taking stupid pills?
  • Options

BaldwinIV said:

What Lebron did helped usher in the era where the GSW moves were normalized enough to happen. HTH.
    LMAO

I need a drink. I can't know that people this stupid exist.
  • Options
    Founders Club

BaldwinIV said:

If you're backpeddling from Lebron to Miami = KD to GSW, to it's LeBron's fault for starting the modern day superteam trend, there was certainly precedent for 'super teams' before that.

Look 2 years earlier with Garnett and Allen going to Boston, for starters. Or Barkley and Pippin to the Rockets in 97. etc etc

I don't buy your argument at all.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

is this a troll? @dnc you upvoted this? edit: chinned? whoosh?

2007-2008 miami had the worst record in the NBA at 15-67, wade missing the final 21 games
    2008-2009 miami finished 43-39, a 7 seed that got blasted in round 1 by the hawks
    2009-2010 miami finished 45-37, a 6 seed, lost 1-4 to Boston in the 1st round

We are comparing this to the '16 GSW team that went 73-9 and was a Green ballpunch away from winning a title? The team that blew a 3-1 lead with home court in the finals?

How about the '15 GSW team that won the title.

Is everyone taking stupid pills?
    Nah, I'm saying it's the same type of move and if you are making excuses and justifying why one is different than the other it's at best technicalities. Building a superteam vs. joining a superteam isn't much different once the results are in.

The fact is that he couldn't win where he was so he decided it was better to be with them than against them.

Like, jesus, I don't have a problem calling Lebron one of the greatest but there's a whole host of asterisks on trying to call him THE GOAT. I don't understand how unless you missed decades of basketball before he was playing you can think he's the undisputed BEST. Best athlete, sure, accomplished the most? No fucking way.