Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dominique Hampton, 4* 2018 DB, Peoria-Centennial, AZ (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

doogville said:

Tequilla said:

doogville said:

"it’s quite possible that we may be better off without Lake sooner than later" - tequila fs

one of the dumbest things ever written on this website.

Please explain how?

Right now the DB class looks like it has a chance to be an unmitigated disaster ... care to explain to me how that is the case?

If you actually thought about it for a second, you may realize that I'm not as crazy or as dumb as you think I am
    just stop, dude. lake is objectively one of the best db coaches/recruiters in the country.

saying we're? better off without him is one of the most try-hard posts of all time.
    Way to not answer the question ...

If you can't answer the question then FUCK OFF ...

Saying that Lake's one of the premier DB coaches is COMPLETELY missing the point ... nobody is disputing that fact ... but how much of the job of a position coach is actual coaching versus recruiting?

Depending on how he closes this class, hard to say that he's not damaged goods.
    Again, you don't get rid of a top 5 all around DB coach because of one bad recruiting class.

We are better with Jimmy Lake than without if we sign no DB's in this class.

And we will.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

doogville said:

Tequilla said:

doogville said:

"it’s quite possible that we may be better off without Lake sooner than later" - tequila fs

Please explain how?

Right now the DB class looks like it has a chance to be an unmitigated disaster ... care to explain to me how that is the case?

If you actually thought about it for a second, you may realize that I'm not as crazy or as dumb as you think I am
    just stop, dude. lake is objectively one of the best db coaches/recruiters in the country.

saying we're? better off without him is one of the most try-hard posts of all time.

Saying that Lake's one of the premier DB coaches is COMPLETELY missing the point ... nobody is disputing that fact ... but how much of the job of a position coach is actual coaching versus recruiting?

Lake's been an elite recruiter for years. There's months until signing day. He can still sign a really great class. Pump the brakes.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

doogville said:

Tequilla said:

doogville said:

Please explain how?

Again, you don't get rid of a top 5 all around DB coach because of one bad recruiting class.

And we will.
    What do you think @Dennis_DeYoung ???
  • Options

Tequilla said:

doogville said:

Tequilla said:

doogville said:

Please explain how?

Lake's been an elite recruiter for years. There's months until signing day. He can still sign a really great class. Pump the brakes.
    There's 10 days until the 1st Signing Day ...

Then after dead periods there's about a month after that until the 2nd Signing Day ... and for anybody worth a shit at that point, you're going to be in FIERCE competition for any of them ... particularly if any of them you haven't really even been in on at that point ... which we largely haven't been because we've been targeting getting the balance of our class firmed up by the 1st Signing Day ...

But if Hampton doesn't sign on the 20th, Gordon goes to ND, and we're stuck with a bunch of JAGs that we're not crazy about ... then by all means go cricket it up when reality strikes.

I'd love to be wrong ... Lake's incredible. But you're absolutely fooling yourself if you think that we've been strong this year in DB recruiting (we haven't) and that there are few rationale reasons to explain why. The MOST rationale reason is that Lake's damaged goods on the recruiting trail ...

Try to understand this ... PERCEPTION >>> REALITY
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

doogville said:

Tequilla said:

doogville said:

Please explain how?

Then after dead periods there's about a month after that until the 2nd Signing Day ... and for anybody worth a shit at that point, you're going to be in FIERCE competition for any of them ... particularly if any of them you haven't really even been in on at that point ... which we largely haven't been because we've been targeting getting the balance of our class firmed up by the 1st Signing Day ...

But if Hampton doesn't sign on the 20th, Gordon goes to ND, and we're stuck with a bunch of JAGs that we're not crazy about ... then by all means go cricket it up when reality strikes.

I'd love to be wrong ... Lake's incredible. But you're absolutely fooling yourself if you think that we've been strong this year in DB recruiting (we haven't) and that there are few rationale reasons to explain why. The MOST rationale reason is that Lake's damaged goods on the recruiting trail ...

You're absolutely fooling yourself if you think anyone here is claiming that we've been strong this year in DB recruiting (we haven't).
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

doogville said:

Tequilla said:

doogville said:

Please explain how?

You're absolutely fooling yourself if you think anyone here is claiming that we've been strong this year in DB recruiting (we haven't).
    And my question is why is that?

You're a smart guy ... you've got to have some theories.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,543
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    @Tequilla dude you are wrong 81% of the time

Just stop
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I really want this kid so when he knocks WRs out he can say “Good morning, and thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Express.... bitch.”
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

doogville said:

Tequilla said:

doogville said:

Please explain how?

And we will.
    What do you think @Dennis_DeYoung ???
    Uh oh. He called for back up.
    *crickets*
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

doogville said:

Tequilla said:

doogville said:

Please explain how?

And my question is why is that?

You're a smart guy ... you've got to have some theories.
    Because kids think he's leaving.

Again, you don't get rid of a stud all around coach over one bad recruiting class. We're better off with Lake coaching up the young DB depth (which we have plenty of) another year. And the chances of back to back disaster classes are very low IMO (if this even ends up being one, which I doubt).

If he goes ohfer 17 and 18 in recruiting then I'd consider moving on.

That won't happen.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

Tequilla said:

doogville said:

Tequilla said:

doogville said:

Please explain how?

He better. Because if you take a look at the 2019 board
    it looks like pretty slim pickings.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    I hope I’m wrong ... but I got a lot of great screenshots in this thread if I’m not
  • Options

Tequilla said:

I hope I’m wrong ... but I got a lot of great screenshots in this thread if I’m not

You’re going to be waiting a few years.

We played a couple true freshmen this year to get them experience. Those guys should get better. We want Lake coaching those guys.
    I agree with that ... just saying that we will see where we end up ...

It’s feels like we are playing a high stakes game of Frogger right now
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Gloat after he signs. HTH
  • Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    BallzDeep said:

BallzDeep said:

Hampton will sign on the 20th. The only time he's been up to UW was for a camp in the Summer so he hasn't even gotten the full tour of the campus/facilities. Once he gets the full tour and gets around the other commits and current players and coaches he'll be locked in and ready to go.

Bump
    Good shit.