Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pete’s Don James moment

Comments

• Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

There IS a plan Arthur! I just need you to have more faith!
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

There IS a plan Arthur! I just need you to have more faith!

I laffed
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

If Gaskin gets 30 carries (He had 24), and Mcgrew and Ahmed combined for 20-25 carries, Washington wins this game. When has giving Browning 54 pass attempts ever led to good things? Pete could have ran the ball down Urban's throat. Case in point, the second quarter drive...Gaskin gashes Ohio st. for something like 40 yards on three carries, then for some unforgivable reason, Browning throws three straight times and they punt inside the Ohio State 40 yard line. Washington finally played like Washington in the 4th quarter. I want to check the stats, but I think UW rushed more times in the 4th than any other quarter and they were down 25!! If UW had ran the ball and stuck with it from the start, they'd have scored 35-40 points and won that game.

Running the football effectively kills the spread offense, because the spread offense is successful when you get a rhythm. You can't get a rhythm when the opponent eats up 6-7 minutes continuously on 12-14 play drives.

The quook gets it.
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 756
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

You guys are going to hate me but......................... Bush Hamden is good.

Do WR’s need to develop better? absolutely. Do we need to do a better job actively scheming Hunter Bryant & other playmakers into the offense? Yes. Was this Bush’s best game and are there things to harp on him for? Yes.

But I’m sorry. He’s not the problem. When you can’t have plays over ten yards, you’re not going to be very successful. Obviously there needs to be changes but Bush is way down on the list for me and I’ve crushed him a lot this year.

Okay so I’m usually onboard with almost everything you say, but this is nonsensical.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I just hope they don’t give Eason to change plays like they did jake. He would check out of the run play into a throwing play. Wtf
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

So Alabama game was not Pete’s Don James moment? How many moments does he need

It takes a minute.

It's hard.

It's a process.
    It’s all about execution.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,987
    Founders Club

If Gaskin gets 30 carries (He had 24), and Mcgrew and Ahmed combined for 20-25 carries, Washington wins this game. When has giving Browning 54 pass attempts ever led to good things? Pete could have ran the ball down Urban's throat. Case in point, the second quarter drive...Gaskin gashes Ohio st. for something like 40 yards on three carries, then for some unforgivable reason, Browning throws three straight times and they punt inside the Ohio State 40 yard line. Washington finally played like Washington in the 4th quarter. I want to check the stats, but I think UW rushed more times in the 4th than any other quarter and they were down 25!! If UW had ran the ball and stuck with it from the start, they'd have scored 35-40 points and won that game.

Running the football effectively kills the spread offense, because the spread offense is successful when you get a rhythm. You can't get a rhythm when the opponent eats up 6-7 minutes continuously on 12-14 play drives.

Post of the Year
  • Options
    Founders Club

Do WR’s need to develop better? absolutely. Do we need to do a better job actively scheming Hunter Bryant & other playmakers into the offense? Yes. Was this Bush’s best game and are there things to harp on him for? Yes.

But I’m sorry. He’s not the problem. When you can’t have plays over ten yards, you’re not going to be very successful. Obviously there needs to be changes but Bush is way down on the list for me and I’ve crushed him a lot this year.

There's plenty of room on the Bush Hamden bandwagon.

It's basically just you and me.

Welcome aboard.

I've been about halfway on the wagon since September. I get frustrated with the calls, but there has always been something in the back of my mind that it's limitations that make Bush call dumb plays.

I also wonder how many RPO's were called with intent to run Gaskin but Browning held it and then threw it instead.

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/51310/we-know-our-offense-is-shit-but#latest
    The post game press conference was pretty interesting. A reporter essentially asked why they didn’t run the ball in the first and why did they run it six straight times to start the second half. I’m paraphrasing but Pete essentially said in the first half they did a lot of RPO’s but they all ended up being passes (obligatory fuck you Jake). In the second they called designed runs, not RPOs and we all saw the results...

Browning was also super salty the whole post game presser which was entertaining. Biggest silver lining of all time never having to watch him play again.

If I'm a DC and I know UW runs a bunch of RPO's I'm having my backers and ends key on Gaskin all day. Let Jake try to win the game. Good luck!
    Which is why the other component of the first half game plan should have been play action passes to Black Beast
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Welcome aboard.

I've been about halfway on the wagon since September. I get frustrated with the calls, but there has always been something in the back of my mind that it's limitations that make Bush call dumb plays.

I also wonder how many RPO's were called with intent to run Gaskin but Browning held it and then threw it instead.

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/51310/we-know-our-offense-is-shit-but#latest
    If the talent gives the playbooks limitations then you need to figure out what works, even if it means severely limiting the playbook.
    Agree. But Peterman seems inflexible. Keeps insisting lack of execution is the blame.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Welcome aboard.

If the talent gives the playbooks limitations then you need to figure out what works, even if it means severely limiting the playbook.
    Agree. But Peterman seems inflexible. Keeps insisting lack of execution is the blame.
    There are signs that he gets it. He hired Tedford as an offensive consultant, and he shocked everyone by finally benching Browning, albeit with horrific timing and results.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The worst part of all this is people trying to convince us there are "better athletes coming next year"

Pete barely even recruits athletes. He likes try hards. More of the same is on the way.
  • Options
    It is as if Stalin cares about uw football
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    phineas said:

The worst part of all this is people trying to convince us there are "better athletes coming next year"

Pete barely even recruits athletes. He likes try hards. More of the same is on the way.

Sincerely,

"I don't follow recruiting"
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

phineas said:

Sincerely,

I follow recruiting.... when the players hit the field.

So far, it looks like I'm right.
  • Options
    phineas said:

phineas said:

Sincerely,

Dude get fucked, watch the next 2 years and eat cock
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited January 2019

Dabo is better than Danny Ford who won a natty there and better than the guy they name the rock after.

Saban is better than Gene Stallings who won the last natty there and is closing in on Bear Fucking Bryant. The Bear has the years and the face of the program but Nick has as many rings.

Just pointing out that while we revere those who came before it doesn't mean that they can't be surpassed

It seems the Miami love affair is still with Schnelly, and thoughts about what could have been had he stayed.

But the guy who came after him was better in many respects, and is the guy who gave Miami its identity as a defensive powerhouse.

Then the guy nobody appreciates and barely remembers is the guy who won two. Yeah, the thing was built and all that, but he was the coach.

And, no question: Dabo is better than anybody Clemson has had. They've never been nearly this good.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

phineas said:

phineas said:

Sincerely,

Dude get fucked, watch the next 2 years and eat cock
    ok