Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pete’s Don James moment

WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
edited January 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
Plenty has been said on here about James realizing he had to get with the times. It may be earlier in his Husky career, but this is Pete’s. Browning was recruited to run his old bullshit offense. That time is over and if we dont totally overhaul the offense this offseason the program is over.

Comments

• Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    He will always be in the hunt for the Pac 12 title because of how shitty the conference is... All the Major Programs must giggle when they see that they drew UW in a NY6 game... Pete has got smoked in 3 straight... Wonder what the record is for consecutive NY6 losses....
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I'm still of the opinion that Browning is a huge limiting factor to the Offense's success bc of the inherent limitations he brings to the table. To use DDY's analogy of chefs and ingredients, there's only so much you can do to make a decent meal with rotten cabbage as the featured ingredient.

All that said, abandoning the run which seems to be a trend, is maddeningly fucking stupid. All the more so with a back as good as #MMFG.

I honestly can't tell anymore if it is limitations from players (noodlearm) or limitations due to overly complex nonsensical playbook and play calling, or some combo thereof. I think Pete has so overcomplicated all this shit that even he can't see his way back to unfuck it now.

Blow it up. You got a prototype NFL QB now. Play like it.
    It's both a combination of talent and scheming. Talent is going to be upgraded over the next couple of years but will it matter if the scheme is still shit? That is what makes me nervous.
    #metoo
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

I'm still of the opinion that Browning is a huge limiting factor to the Offense's success bc of the inherent limitations he brings to the table. To use DDY's analogy of chefs and ingredients, there's only so much you can do to make a decent meal with rotten cabbage as the featured ingredient.

All that said, abandoning the run which seems to be a trend, is maddeningly fucking stupid. All the more so with a back as good as #MMFG.

I honestly can't tell anymore if it is limitations from players (noodlearm) or limitations due to overly complex nonsensical playbook and play calling, or some combo thereof. I think Pete has so overcomplicated all this shit that even he can't see his way back to unfuck it now.

Swaye said:

Too bad our WR suck
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,274
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

You guys are going to hate me but......................... Bush Hamden is good.

Do WR’s need to develop better? absolutely. Do we need to do a better job actively scheming Hunter Bryant & other playmakers into the offense? Yes. Was this Bush’s best game and are there things to harp on him for? Yes.

But I’m sorry. He’s not the problem. When you can’t have plays over ten yards, you’re not going to be very successful. Obviously there needs to be changes but Bush is way down on the list for me and I’ve crushed him a lot this year.

This is what I see. Teams can play to stop #MMFG and that's basically it. Nothing else needed to do from a DC's point of view. No deep ball, no ability to get screens out quick enough to open up the middle or attack the perimeter. Plus, we have an awful kicking game so teams can really play bend-don't-break and play to stop us in the red zone with little consequence. Stop Myles from getting to the second level and you'll basically keep our offense from scoring more than 21 points.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Browning has his limitations, but we? have known about these for 4 years. Petersen deserves a lot of blame for not bringing in a QB that could elevate the QB play in that time span. Not being able to run plays farther than 10 yards downfield is surprisingly not great for an offense. Any time Gaskin was out our? offense looked like a high school offense. Any penalty or negative play essentially kills all hope for a drive. It is pathetic.

Our? special teams are an absolute joke. Can we? please find someone to return kicks and punts and do fire everyone that is "coaching" the coverage units.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Sure, thanks, NOW

Did you bother to share this with Pete Before the Rose Bowl?