Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some interesting redshirt decisions upcoming

http://sportsourceanalytics.com/playerparticipation/redshirteligibility.php?calculate=true&team=Washington&formSubmitted=true

I’m not quite sure how accurate this is, but if it is true, then the following things stick out with two games left to play:
- First, the obvious we all know with Hunter Bryant playing in three games so far
- However, Julius Irvin has now apparently played in four games, and Dom Hampton and Kyler Gordon have played in three as well

Let’s put aside for the moment my disgust for try-hard Max Richmond special teams appearances (on the road, in the snow) while keeping Spiker/Bynum/Osborne et.al. on the shelf - we already know Peterman is ready to burn a year of Bryant’s eligibility in pursuit of the shitty Rose Bowl, but do we? think Peterman is going to burn all these freshman DBs scholarships for that pursuit as well?

Comments

• Options
    Wombat_GuernicaWombat_Guernica Member Posts: 126
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    If we need to burn redshirts to get to a Rose Bowl so be it.... this is what we play for

Hunter Bryant is likely gone after next season so that discussion is pointless... he isn't staying for five years.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

If we need to burn redshirts to get to a Rose Bowl so be it.... this is what we play for

Hunter Bryant is likely gone after next season so that discussion is pointless... he isn't staying for five years.

We have to play Hunter, but playing him against Cal and OSU was FUCKING RETARDED.
    Guessing you meant Stanford, and that one was the real stupid decision. It was right before the bye, there was no need to rush it. He could have had another two weeks to recover and kept his redshirt.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Jas kizer really played every game? I haven't seen him once.
  • Options
    Houhusky said:

We have to play Hunter, but playing him against Cal and OSU was FUCKING RETARDED.
    If you cant see that a TE that is a lock to be gone after next year as a true junior needed TWO games to "knock off the rust" against both FURD and OSU then I cant help you.

Hunter is great, I get it, everyone wants to suck him off because the cool fags on here talk about doing it all the time...

don't burn resources that don't need to be burned because you think that a guy might leave after next year as a true junior with less games played than any TE drafted in the first 4 rounds, as the shortest, and lightest TE drafted in the past 5+ years.
    He's not a TE in the NFL...
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Houhusky said:

If you cant see that a TE that is a lock to be gone after next year as a true junior needed TWO games to "knock off the rust" against both FURD and OSU then I cant help you.

Hunter is great, I get it, everyone wants to suck him off because the cool fags on here talk about doing it all the time...

don't burn resources that don't need to be burned because you think that a guy might leave after next year as a true junior with less games played than any TE drafted in the first 4 rounds, as the shortest, and lightest TE drafted in the past 5+ years.
    He's not a high round WR.

I think he's still an NFL TE.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Houhusky said:

If Bryant redshirts this year, balls out next, then—presumably draft worthy—he is gone anyway.

High round draft eligibles can go as a RS-SOPH or true JR. If the player is 1.ready and 2. adds more value in team wins than an upperclassman, PLAY THEM.

• Options
    edited November 2018

Houhusky said:

He's not a high round WR.

I think he's still an NFL TE.
    You could be right... maybe he's a hybrid... dunno...

All I know is I want to win now, as well as later, and we have saved most of the talent we needed to already.

In the end we have no control over the situation though it is interesting fodder for debate. And even if it isn't interesting it is still chinteresting.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Disagree. The coaches clearly don’t think Bryant is the kind of guy who’s going to stick around for a 5th year. After seeing him dominate athletically inferior defenders on Friday, I think that’s a pretty spot-on assessment. Why preserve a redshirt year for a guy who won’t use it?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Baseman said:

Play to win—now.

Stack talent. the best players play and then it’s next man up.

The goal is to win. Hunter Bryant is a difference maker. Players don’t come back after a several month layoff and play at 100%. Playing Bryant against OSU, getting him game reps was the right move. The OSU tune up paid off. He was the leading receiver in the Apple Cup

Redshirt lineman, both sides of the ball. They aren’t ready to play year 1. Ideally they rotate in as RS-SO. If Tuitele or Bandes are the best players we have next year, play them

We redshirted Byron Murphy and he’s leaving. If the team needs Irvin or Gordon to win, play them. If they’re good enough and lose their redshirts, they’ll play three years, and leave as juniors. Murphy will only play two. It’s a great problem to have.

Next man up. Recruit at a high level, reload. Lather, rinse, repeat.
    God you are fucking retarded.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Disagree. The coaches clearly don’t think Bryant is the kind of guy who’s going to stick around for a 5th year. After seeing him dominate athletically inferior defenders on Friday, I think that’s a pretty spot-on assessment. Why preserve a redshirt year for a guy who won’t use it?
    Anyone who thinks that we had to play him for a couple series vs. OSU is a fucking complete idiot and should be banned.

And that includes Paopao.
    Again, if he’s not going to be around in 2021, why the fuck does it matter? The coaches clearly made the assessment that the benefit of getting him more reps to gear up for the Apple Cup outweighed the remote possibility that he comes back for a 5th year. You might disagree with that assessment if you think there is a chance he comes back, but to call it “FUCKING RETARDED” is just standard DDY hysterical hyperbole.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Anyone who thinks that we had to play him for a couple series vs. OSU is a fucking complete idiot and should be banned.

Again, if he’s not going to be around in 2021, why the fuck does it matter? The coaches clearly made the assessment that the benefit of getting him more reps to gear up for the Apple Cup outweighed the remote possibility that he comes back for a 5th year. You might disagree with that assessment if you think there is a chance he comes back, but to call it “FUCKING RETARDED” is just standard DDY hysterical hyperbole.
    Again you fucking idiot - he could get injured and play half years you fuckstick. LIKE HE DID THIS YEAR!!! LIKE HE DID LAST YEAR...

AND PERHAPS THAT COULD PREVENT HIM FROM LEAVING EARLY YOU FUCKING RETARDED COW.

Jesus fucking Christ you coach-defenders are complete fucking idiots.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2018

Trust the coaches POTD

fuck off

You are probably going to die of AIDS before you ever collect a penny of retirement, might as well cash out now and OD on bath salts.

you can't predict with cock you will be gargling during your lunch break let alone what will happen by 2021. Ensuring he wont be around for 2021 so he could play like 6 snaps against stanford or play against a pointless oregon state was fucktarded.